Monthly Art Challenge

SWAT Kats related fan art goes here.

Should the MSKAC be brought back?

Poll ended at Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:37 pm

I'm an artist and I want to try this!
100%
I'm an artist and I think this is a bad idea.
No votes

Total votes: 6

camelopardia
Just Moved In
Flag: Sweden

Re: Monthly Art Challenge

Postby camelopardia » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:10 pm

I'm also interested in participating in the art challenge.
0 x

Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: United States of America

Postby Felony » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:15 pm

Poecat wrote:A question. Are SK OCs able to be drawn for these challenges? Or is it strictly cannon show characters?

We didn't accept fan characters in the past. If people really wanted to include fan characters, I say there should still be a canon character included, or maybe only allow fan characters on certain challenges.
1 x
^www^ <-- This is my happy evil megalomaniac face.
Class A Felony
DarkKatFury

MoDaD
Janitor

Postby MoDaD » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:48 pm

Working out the details now, but the short answer is yes, we'll have a challenge in the style of the MSKAC. Will post a global announcement once we narrow down rules and process. At it stands now this is going to be a "we'll try it once and see how it goes" kind of deal.
1 x
SKLogoIcon Your Most Complete Source For All Things SWAT Kats Since 1999
The MEGA SWAT Kast | Discord | @TheSWATKats | YouTube Channel | The SWAT Kats Encyclopedia | Fandom Awards | Avatar by Kanogetz | @_MoDaD_
My schedule's been VERY inundated as of late. If I don't reply to you in a timely fashion please accept my apologies in advance. Thank you for your understanding!

TazKat
Long-Term Resident

Postby TazKat » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:35 am

Back when I was on a Sonic fan site, I remember the fanart section made OC's allowable as long as a cannon character was in it. Perhaps this parameter will allow some freedom while keeping things on track?
2 x
"I heard him scream last night. It was awful! I wish he wouldn't do that when he gets kidnapped." --Lucille, Samurai Pizza Cats

My Artsite
My Blog
Art Commission Info

Betaruga
Killa Vanilla

Postby Betaruga » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:44 pm

TazKat wrote:Back when I was on a Sonic fan site, I remember the fanart section made OC's allowable as long as a cannon character was in it. Perhaps this parameter will allow some freedom while keeping things on track?

Personally, I like this idea :) It's what I do over at the SWAT Kats Hangar too; stand-alone OCs aren't allowed, but if they're included in the same piece with canon characters, then it's acceptable.
1 x

MoDaD
Janitor

Postby MoDaD » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:02 pm

Everyone's input is being factored in. Right now Felony and Poecat are coordinating some things and probably by the end of the week at the latest should have an announcement. Thanks for everyone's patience!
0 x
The MEGA SWAT Kast | Discord | @TheSWATKats | YouTube Channel | The SWAT Kats Encyclopedia | Fandom Awards | Avatar by Kanogetz | @_MoDaD_
My schedule's been VERY inundated as of late. If I don't reply to you in a timely fashion please accept my apologies in advance. Thank you for your understanding!

TazKat
Long-Term Resident

Postby TazKat » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:07 pm

Beta: Gotcha gotcha : D

Mo: You're welcome, hope we were of help~
0 x
"I heard him scream last night. It was awful! I wish he wouldn't do that when he gets kidnapped." --Lucille, Samurai Pizza Cats

My Artsite
My Blog
Art Commission Info

MoDaD
Janitor

Postby MoDaD » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:20 am

Almost there...

challenge.megakatcity.com

Special thanks to Poecat for the banner collage (and also the respective artists for their awesome art :D ) and also thanks to Felony for the back-and-forth on trying to get this thing narrowed down.

Please review and provide your feedback. Thanks!
0 x

Poecat
Fandom Veteran

Postby Poecat » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:29 am

MoDaD wrote:Almost there...

challenge.megakatcity.com

Special thanks to Poecat for the banner collage (and also the respective artists for their awesome art :D ) and also thanks to Felony for the back-and-forth on trying to get this thing narrowed down.

Please review and provide your feedback. Thanks!

Whoohoo! Looking awesome MoDaD! Thank you for all the web and design work you've been putting into this page!
0 x

MoDaD
Janitor

Postby MoDaD » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:38 pm

Well, seeing as there don't appear to be any objections to the rules or format, I'll finalize this thing and we should have an announcement within a day or so :D
1 x

Return to “Fan Art”