SWAT Kats related fan art goes here.
Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Spain

Re: ART CHALLENGE 1

Postby Cait » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:33 pm

austinswatkat87 wrote:Image

Who is going to win? I bet for Razor :twisted: Also, fun idea for the use of the salvage yard!

Kanogetz wrote:Image

I thing you're better than me with words since I can't find mines to comment your awesome entry!
0 x

NeeKnight
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Great Britain

Postby NeeKnight » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:00 pm

PoeCat - I adore your version of HardDrive. It eliminates the odd pipework that worked on the coat in the show and adds the circuitry that I could see pulsing with that light bluelight in a modern show. The coat having these elements convays that the tech is inner wovern with the whole coat. The goggles and gloves are a good practical touch as I imagion handing that much power with bare eyes and hands would cause many burns and bright lights. ^^

TazKat - That is just... thing is it's... it's too much cute is what it is! XD I think you've hit on the perfect picture of Jake being flung into the now. I mean when the final episode first aired Windows 95 was still half a year away! The iKAT would be something he'd not put down in case he woke and found it'd just been a dream X3

Felony - You blew my mind when I saw your version of Dark Kat. It is pitch perfect for the contest and so well thought out. The costume works while being inkeeping with what he work in the show and is far far far more funtional that he's old robes. I can see this guy kicking serious tail and being a match for both heros at the same time XD His backstory is creative and fresh and makes me really want to explore this version more. Only issue I have with this is now it makes me REALLY want to learn to sew so I can make this as a costume!

Cait - O.o This is really your first drawing?!!! DANG! I am impressed. You should keep at it even outside of these challenges. I really like the level of detail you've managed to get across in all the tools and it is something Jake would use X3 The problem for creative types is never having enough hands to would with XD

Katney - Ann looks fantastic, Katney. The changes really lend themselves to a conveying a more mature and serious journalist. With all the stories that lady gets herself thrown in the middle of, you should really protect the knees and shins more than a mini-skirt allows. Johnny's hoodie and cap are actually more in fashion now than they were back when the show aired XD.

AustinSWATKat87 - I really like your style. It is an interesting idea to cover the SWAT Kats identaties with paintball masks and as we live in an age where we recognise the fact "You don't think I would recognize you because I can't see your cheekbones?" ^^

Kanogetz - !_! If we ever get a SWAT Kats fighting game, I want this as Felina's costume! XD I love this outfit, the girl looks ready for action. It is good to give her more of a unique uniform than other enforcers, perhaps having her involved in a special tactical responce in kat enforcers or STRIKE Kats as they could be called X3
4 x

NeeKnight
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby NeeKnight » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:36 pm

At first I thought about being cheeky and just drawing my version of MadKat as I had him formed and ready to go. Buuuuut I felt that was not in the spirit of the thing, so got to pondering and ended up with this.

I thought about redesigning Dark Kat, http://www.fmstudiosamvs.co.uk/yang/DarkKatCreeplings.jpg which was a lot of fun ^^ I always felt with him, he should be as imposing as physically possible. While the canon of robes was a look that an Overlord could wear ((An Overlord can wear what they jolly well like. You don't get the OverLord status by listening to what lesser mortals think of you)) I felt the robe look suited the troll wizard PastMaster better. So I went for the demonic DreadKnight look which also meant I could explain the off looking nose DK always had by just hiding it. I thought about covering the hands in armor too but I wanted to make sure people knew there was also a kat still in there, rather than a bunch of creeplings tapped together.
I also felt like putting armor on his Creeplings to work with the theme, although the creeplings I don't think they fully understand the concept of armor. ^^

However I then saw a much superior idea for Dark Kat's redesign and I moved focus on to the crystal chaos-causing criminal Rex Shard. http://www.fmstudiosamvs.co.uk/yang/RexShard.jpg Watching the show, Rex' transformation was far too clean and clear for something as random as growing crystals. So I went for more of a "body horror" approuch to the process, as to have your body form and crack and be pieced by crystals should not be a fun time. I saw him to be more of a pained character in the reboot, like he didn't want this power given to him by the accident at first. Spending his first episode turning kats in to crystal as he looked for someone to cure him. However at the end of the episode he would be locked up in the science labs of Pymadyne, still in his half crystal form. Subsequent episodes maybe coming to terms with his powers, maybe an evil kat could convince him to embrace his new life as a super villain.
I also added the "DOC" to show how he is a convict with the Department Of Corrections and just to give his actual clothes a bit more flare.

With Rex now my focus, I was planning to post just him and the poor guard he was transforming however it was a shame to no longer post the Dark Kat. A friend of mine convinced me to try and combine the pictures and after strugging with a way to combo the two, I decided to go meta and have them backstage getting ready to shoot the reboot ^^ I was gonna have a joke where Dark Kat tried to console Rex by saying at least he still looks better than Morbulus only to reveal the guy's rebooted self is no longer a giant bacteria and having a cool new look X3

The Posters are two old works of mine that I thought worked for studio posters. It also includes my version of MadKat there... That Kat always has a habit of showing up where I don't expect him.
5 x

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Cait » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:12 am

NeeKnight wrote:Image

Wow, those creeplings are just awesome with the armor parts, they look so funny XD Also I like the armor of Dark Kat, it suits him very well.

As for Shard, that kind of transformation is interesting and more realistic that the one of the series (sure that growing cristals inside your body is painful ᶘ xᴥxᶅ ).

Is that Dr. Viper on the second poster? ᶘ OᴥO"ᶅ
2 x

NeeKnight
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby NeeKnight » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:56 am

Cait wrote:Wow, those creeplings are just awesome with the armor parts, they look so funny XD Also I like the armor of Dark Kat, it suits him very well.

As for Shard, that kind of transformation is interesting and more realistic that the one of the series (sure that growing cristals inside your body is painful ᶘ xᴥxᶅ ).

Is that Dr. Viper on the second poster? ᶘ OᴥO"ᶅ

Hehehe Thank you. I thought the creeplings should always be impish and funny ^^ Plus having them armored makes them have a better visiual link to their armored big boss. =3 With Shard, I think anything would have been more realistic than just the straight line down the middle that the show did X3
Actually that is just Viper's eyes looking evil at the bottom... The figure in the center of the poster is a tall lanky but kinda cute RP character of mine called Tran ^^ Created in a batch by Viper so he had test subjects for stuff he planned to use on his own messed up DNA, but that's info for a different thread =3
1 x

MoDaD
Janitor
Flag: United States of America

Postby MoDaD » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:18 pm

I count 8 entries for this challenge. Details below (please correct me if I missed any):

• "Delete Newbie "Hard Drive - by Poecat
  • "iKat" Jake - by TazKat
  • Dark Kat Model Sheet - by Felony
  • Ann Gora - by Katney
  • Backpack Jake - by Cait
  • Junkyard Paintball - by austinswatkat87
  • Felina Feral - by Kanogetz
  • Studio Tryouts - by NeeKnight
Voting is now in-progress. The poll will last for 7 days and will automatically close. You only get to choose one - if you change your mind at some point during the seven days you are able to change your choice. Who you vote for is a secret. I know this can be challenging, as how you vote can be determined by a number of factors. For instance, the artwork you personally liked the most may not be the artwork you objectively think best answered the challenge. Or, maybe you're erring on style or maybe you're erring on character preference. Ultimately, it's up to you :D But, no matter who gets the most votes, I want to say that everyone did a really great job!

And...a small announcement. While the winner receives the poster, ALL of the participants get the cardstocks, lanyard and badge:

PM me your shipping/mailing address and I'll make sure to get those to you.
5 x
SKLogoIcon Your Most Complete Source For All Things SWAT Kats Since 1999
The MEGA SWAT Kast | @TheSWATKats | YouTube Channel | The SWAT Kats Encyclopedia | Fandom Awards | Avatar by Kanogetz | @_MoDaD_
My schedule's been VERY inundated as of late. If I don't reply to you in a timely fashion please accept my apologies in advance. Thank you for your understanding!

Katney
Resident

Postby Katney » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:01 pm

MoDaD wrote:
And...a small announcement. While the winner receives the poster, ALL of the participants get the cardstocks, lanyard and badge:

OMG YAY <3
2 x

MoDaD
Janitor

Postby MoDaD » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:54 pm

Felony - I really like your interpretation. I think it really focuses on the cerebral nature of Dark Kat and really opens the possibilities for the whole public / hidden personas.

Cait - The whole tone is very appropriate and that type of gadgetry is something that would fit in with the show.

Katney - Ann's always a personal favorite character of mine, and I really like those contemporary touches you incorporated.

AustinSWATKat87 - That's really fun - and I'm also imagining it'd be amusing that they'd do this in broad daylight, as I doubt anyone would think it unusual that a couple of random people had SWAT Kats style paintball gear :lol:

NeeKnight - Your style of humor really shines through in this, and for some reason those Creeplings just seem really appropriate. Dark Kat's look is definitely on track with a lot of design styles you see today - and for some reason Shard's reaction just makes me laugh :lol:

And...

Kanogetz wrote:Image

0 x
SKLogoIcon Your Most Complete Source For All Things SWAT Kats Since 1999
The MEGA SWAT Kast | @TheSWATKats | YouTube Channel | The SWAT Kats Encyclopedia | Fandom Awards | Avatar by Kanogetz | @_MoDaD_
My schedule's been VERY inundated as of late. If I don't reply to you in a timely fashion please accept my apologies in advance. Thank you for your understanding!

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Cait » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:04 pm

MoDaD wrote:I count 8 entries for this challenge. Details below (please correct me if I missed any):

Voting is now in-progress. The poll will last for 7 days and will automatically close. You only get to choose one - if you change your mind at some point during the seven days you are able to change your choice. Who you vote for is a secret.

Good luck everyone! :3

MoDaD wrote:And...a small announcement. While the winner receives the poster, ALL of the participants get the cardstocks, lanyard and badge:

OMG, that's not small! Thank you! ᶘ *ᴥ*ᶅ
0 x

Kanogetz
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Republic of Serbia

Postby Kanogetz » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:56 pm

MoDaD wrote:I count 8 entries for this challenge. Details below (please correct me if I missed any):

Voting is now in-progress. The poll will last for 7 days and will automatically close. You only get to choose one - if you change your mind at some point during the seven days you are able to change your choice. Who you vote for is a secret.

You guys did an outstanding job, all of the entries look simply amazing! :o
I am really bad with words, others said it waaaay better than I ever could, so I'm just gonna wish you all good luck! Stay awesome! :D :D :D
0 x
slothful artist / dynamic gamer / mechanized bum.
http://kanogetz.deviantart.com/
http://stungunwolf.tumblr.com/

Return to “Fan Art”