Postby austinswatkat87 » Wed May 18, 2016 5:16 pm

Thanks Ty-Chou. I appreciate that. : )
0 x

LowdogCraft
Filled with Determination
Flag: United States of America

Re: ART CHALLENGE 2

Postby LowdogCraft » Wed May 18, 2016 10:49 pm

Here's my entry for the challenge. I was thinking of Tekken for some reason when I drew this, probably because there was a tournament for it at WizardWorld Comic Con a couple weeks ago. So I made a fake screenshot for a game similar to it, featuring Dan (my OC) going up against Razor atop a random building.

Also, there's a very translucent white outline around Dan because in some fighting games, if a character's model is flashing white, they're immune to damage during the frames they're doing so, and the player playing Dan dodged or something. XD
Also, the proportions are WAAAAAAAY off... Man I need to work on that XD

image.jpeg
8 x
~Lowdog002
Artist, Musician, Gamer and
LGBTQ+ Supporter
"Knowing the mouse might one day leave its hole and get the cheese... It fills you with determination."

Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Felony » Fri May 20, 2016 12:26 pm

This is definitely a challenge! My fav fighting games were Dead or Alive and Street Fighter. Great way to relieve tension! XD So far seen some fun entries from you guys. I wish it didn't take me forever to complete something. X_x Wanted to share a work in progress pic. Many fighting games had the face yourself/evil self feature so figured I'd go with Razor fighting Dark Razor. Dun dun duuuun! Need to get the background complete now. Debating on where they will be.

9 x
^www^ <-- This is my happy evil megalomaniac face.
Class A Felony
DarkKatFury

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Spain

Postby Cait » Tue May 31, 2016 10:48 pm

Katney: Love the expressions and lol, those eyes ᶘ *ᴥ*ᶅ

austinswatkat87: Neat! Someone's going to have a big headache :lol:

LowdogCraft: as always, i really like how much movement it has :3

Felony: Awesome idea you had there! Really like how it turned ᶘ ^ᴥ^ᶅ

Here i have a "really clean" preview of mine... https://www.dropbox.com/s/fys7cl18trf3r ... w.png?dl=0 It will take a week or so to end it ᶘ xᴥxᶅ

Edit 07-Jun: Almost done... I'm updating the preview everyday.
4 x

NeeKnight
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Great Britain

Postby NeeKnight » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:00 pm

Design the fighting game costume of your favourite SWAT Kats character... Well... in the words of Ratigan, "Oh, I had so many ingenious ideas I didn't know which to choose. So I decided to use them all. Marvelous, isn't it?"

So I mocked up this short little video, well actually I mocked up two. This is the second one after I decided it needed a proper start screen rather than heading straight into the select screen ^^

The artwork belongs to Nee Knight
The characters rightfully belong to Tremblay Bros Studios
Royality Free Music titled "Epic" belong to http://www.BenSound.com

The Pictures Themselves:

Ann Gora

Or the mistress of pearls as she would be in the game. While her head mounted camera and mic was what I started with, there wasn't much else I could easierly bring out of the reporting side of her character. Before I added the necklace I hit upon giving her a weapon whip of pearls and well that's where it ended up.

Burke & Murray

Wrecking Burke and his trainer Murray, clearly inspired by MasterBlaster from Mad Max. I was debating for some time on the name of the finisher, it was either the "Wreckin' Burke" or the "Murray Cyrus" buuut I think it's best to avoid something that will be a dated ref. sooner rather than later.

Callie

The second outfit I designed for our Callie. I was tempted to go down the road of most fighting games and give her a skimpier design of her normal outfit. However I changed my mind as well it didn't suit Callie as a character (at least in my eyes). So it become more of a cross between a Bruce Lee/Kill Bill outfit and her own complete with the shoulder pads of power ^^

Dark Kat

Well the powerhouse of the group should be bigger but honestly I haven't got paper bigger than A4 X3 I wanted to make it clear the power under those robes matched his menace so the shirtless look was in as was the beefy beefy muscles. He didn't have the hood for a while which I still think looked better but it is part of who Dark Kat is so I just popped it on there.

Manx

I love the Vote Manx dusters. The choice to put our Mayor in a combination of his own suit and a bomb disposal suit was an easy one to make. What would Manx wear if he had to go into a fight? The most protection money could buy XD

Viper

This one was an easy one. I just put the dear doctor into the outfit his action figure had. Hardest part was putting him in a Snake style kung fu stance with legs that didn't really work with my style of drawing... They just come out of nowhere X3
5 x

MoDaD
Janitor

Postby MoDaD » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:29 pm

NeeKnight wrote:SWAT Kats Turbo Edition

Thank you :D I was feeling not so great and this really brightened up my day :lol:

Really love the attention to detail and how you reflected each character's aspects humorously into this.
1 x
SKLogoIcon Your Most Complete Source For All Things SWAT Kats Since 1999
The MEGA SWAT Kast | @TheSWATKats | YouTube Channel | The SWAT Kats Encyclopedia | Fandom Awards | Avatar by Kanogetz | @_MoDaD_
My schedule's been VERY inundated as of late. If I don't reply to you in a timely fashion please accept my apologies in advance. Thank you for your understanding!

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Spain

Postby Cait » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:35 pm

NeeKnight wrote:SWAT Kats Turbo Edition

That's freaking amazing! You just overdid it. I died with Manx :lol:
2 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:09 pm

Dr. Zyme in a fighting game? That ought to be interesting to see. Maybe pit him against the bacteria monster so he can pummel that pile of goop into oblivion in revenge. "Eat me will you? Well, how does this taste?!" And Professor Hackle I can see having a weaponized cane or something, like Dr. Kochin in The World's Strongest. :lol:

I sort of see the aforementioned bacteria monster capable of dividing up to three times for a total of four opponents when struck, unless certain precautions are taken, making it a particularly troublesome foe, but with the added benefit that the individual monster(s) are smaller after the divide. Hard Drive vs. Bacteria Monster would be over quickly, considering the bacteria's weakness. :lol:

And if you used the mushroom monster, he could liquefy, quickly ooze behind his opponent, reform, T-1000 style, and attack from behind like he did to that one guard in Katastrophe.

And although utilizing Viper's "outfit" from his action figure (which as I recall also included black gloves gloves) makes it look like he's in bondage gear. ... Which, of course, would be fine with me. :oops:

I do love his praying mantis (crane?) fighting stance, too. I imagine his tail getting a lot of use, too. :lol:

And Manx in his little battle suit is adorable. He looks like a turtle or a cute little pill bug. And the "Vote" and "Manx" knuckle dusters are genius. Poor guy looks like he'd rather be anywhere else but in a fighting game. :lol:

But it's Dark Kat who looks positively the most badass of all. Jeez. Okay, it's official for me, now. Even though we've seen his bare thigh(s) on a few occasions, I'm convinced that's what he's got on underneath those many layers of robes.

Can NeeKnight win already? :lol:
2 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

NeeKnight
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Great Britain

Postby NeeKnight » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:08 pm

Comments On Entries So Far:

Katney - You know how much I love your work and this is no exception. I like the outfit designs, Skylar's takes me back to the ol' NSK days ^^ And Turmoil's outfit suits her to a tee! I really like their start up animations, I get a real M.Bison vibe from Turmoil.

austinswatkat87 - Oooo Owch! Good thing Mac is already a robot because a piledriver that low gave us a certain other bionic redneck XD I like TBone as Haggar. He seems like he would be a rough and tumble kinda mayor if he'd only grow a big moustache like that. XD Mac might need a panel beater after this.

LowdogCraft - Dan looks awesome and I really like the attention to detail in giving him that immunity flash as he blocks a hit and the way it's effecting his health bar. You really convayed the sence of movement with Razor's swing.

Felony - DoA is fantastic... So long as you are not my brother who keeps getting beat at it by me XD I was wondering what the alt costumes would be like. I adore your sence of action and the choice of having the Jakes in their martial arts gi. I do think he probably would suit it more than Chance who I think would be dressed in his TBone outfit 24-7 if he could.

Cait - Oh I hope that line art is a seperate layer to the colour otherwise you are gonna curse that wallpaper before you are done XD Honestly your attention to detail has me blown away and can't wait to see it completed. Having the other characters in the background harkens me back playing street fighter two back in the day.

---
Thankings For Comments So Far:

MoDaD - I am so pleased this lifted your spirits, my friend. Makes making the frames one by one worth it to hear that and hey, it's me, I try to be humorously where ever I can.

Cait - Was worried I was overdoing it =3 Thank you. I think Manx is wishing he'd died with you rather than be in a fight.

Kooshmeister - I thought you'd be first to call out Zyme there. Dunno why, call it a hunch X3 I had plans for Hackle actually (in a mech like Tron Bonne from Marvel Vs. Camcom) but there wasn't time.
XD As for Viper's costume, I will point out that wasn't the intention but art is in the eye of the beholder so it can look like whatever you want. It is meant to be a Snake fighting stance, however I know little about KungFu so I am probably wrong XD
I had to add Manx because how often do you get to draw a fighting game character who doesn't wanna be there? XD And Dark Kat, well it's how I've always thought of him. You don't get to be THE Big Bad without putting in the work afterall ;3
Thank you for the vote of confidence, however all the other entries have fantastic merit so lets not rush to end things yet. I am looking forward to seeing what everyone has to offer.
2 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:02 pm

NeeKnight wrote:You don't get to be THE Big Bad without putting in the work afterall ;3

Heh, I meant the outfit more than the physique.
0 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Return to “Fan Art”