ART CHALLENGE 3

SWAT Kats related fan art goes here.
Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: United States of America

Re: ART CHALLENGE 3

Postby Felony » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:48 am

Oooh love the steampunk look so I'm totally gonna brainstorm for this one. So many possibilities!
1 x
^www^ <-- This is my happy evil megalomaniac face.
Class A Felony
DarkKatFury

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Spain

Postby Cait » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:02 am

Already started! I'll be uploading some sketches of it these days in my sketch topic. If I success with this... I will die in peace ᶘ *ᴥ*ᶅ
0 x

LowdogCraft
Filled with Determination

Postby LowdogCraft » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:34 am

Heh, I don't know how to design steampunk stuff. Well I guess that's why Google exists! XD
0 x
~Lowdog002
Artist, Musician, Gamer and
LGBTQ+ Supporter
"Knowing the mouse might one day leave its hole and get the cheese... It fills you with determination."

NeeKnight
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Great Britain

Postby NeeKnight » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:56 am

I am pleased with how people have reacted to this however I notice it might not be a theme readierly known to some so to try and bring people up to speed, I present a series of links to clink...

http://www.steampunktendencies.com/ A tumblr account which posts all manner of SteamPunk-esque images and what I was actually looking at when I decided on the challenge theme.

http://steampunk.wikia.com/wiki/Steampunk_Wiki A wiki page, because of course, there had to be a wikipage. While not as fun as bashing things into google and seeing what you come up with, it is still a useful tool. ^^

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SteamPunk Like with all tvtropes pages, I warn you not to wander into random link clinking. You could stray from the path and become lost in tab after tab of information and soon have wasted away as you read artical after artical.

A short list of movies and tv shows where they employ the SteamPunk style. I do not vouch for the quality of these, some are fairly bad. However these maybe things you've watched without noticing they are SteamPunk.
The Wild Wild West - Not the movie, the show they based the movie on.
Murdoch Mysteries - Rather fun detective show where the cases often are caused by or solved by some steampunk version of a modern invention... And there is one episode with a rideable drilling machine.
Steamboy - An anime that is required watching for all steampunk fans.
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - The movie that seems to have retired Sean Connery. Not the best but... Well it's not the best. <_< The comics are better I hear.
Atlantis: The Lost Empire - Disney's animated venture in to steampunk (not count the aspects of it in The Great Mouse Detective or mixed steampunk and cyberpunk in Treasure Planet).
Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea - From 1954, it is pretty much seen as one of the first steampunk movies. It isn't but it is seen that way by most.
Sherlock Holmes/Sherlock Holmes A Game of Shadows - Both the 2009 movie and it's sequal are (soft) steampunk.
Wild Wild West - Yes now this is the movie. Not very got but they do have a giant steam powered spider so can't leave them off the list.

And lastly two short animations that may interest you guys ^^
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbsDvGtTRWU The Amazing Screw-On-Head was a character created by HellBoy creator Mike Mignola. This twenty-two minute pilot highlights several elements of the steampunk trope, from the technology to the fashions. Warning: Might not be suitable for all viewers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBgkLxw-6Xk A short animated pilot for a show called Constant Payne which sadly never made it to a full show. While not true steampunk (as it mixes in some Dieselpunk and Teslapunk), it has elements of Steampunk in the technology and some of the clothing.
1 x

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Cait » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:33 am

That helps a lot NeeKnight!!! And I see that I wasn't too far from the initial idea :3
1 x

LowdogCraft

Postby LowdogCraft » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:36 pm

Well mine is mostly done, I still gotta do a background and some shading. This is my first time designing steampunk clothes, and the clothes Chance and Jake are wearing are heavily based off of some clothes that I found through Google searches.
image.png

yes Jake is supposed to be holding a pocket watch
5 x
~Lowdog002
LGBTQ+ Supporter
"Knowing the mouse might one day leave its hole and get the cheese... It fills you with determination."

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Cait » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:19 pm

LowdogCraft wrote:Well mine is mostly done, I still gotta do a background and some shading. This is my first time designing steampunk clothes, and the clothes Chance and Jake are wearing are heavily based off of some clothes that I found through Google searches.
image.png

yes Jake is supposed to be holding a pocket watch

Nice! I like the look of Chance. It's like "What in the world am I doing here?" :lol:
0 x

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Cait » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:26 pm

Here is a little preview of mine. Still much work to do, but it's taking shape already :3

3 x

LowdogCraft

Postby LowdogCraft » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:48 am

Here's the finished piece! It isn't much, but I wanted to focus on the design of Chance and Jake mainly.
image.png
4 x
~Lowdog002
LGBTQ+ Supporter

MoDaD
Janitor

Postby MoDaD » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:44 pm

A poll concerning a deadline extension for this challenge is active here.
1 x
SKLogoIcon Your Most Complete Source For All Things SWAT Kats Since 1999
The MEGA SWAT Kast | @TheSWATKats | YouTube Channel | The SWAT Kats Encyclopedia | Fandom Awards | Avatar by Kanogetz | @_MoDaD_
My schedule's been VERY inundated as of late. If I don't reply to you in a timely fashion please accept my apologies in advance. Thank you for your understanding!

Return to “Fan Art”