SWAT Kats: Uprising Vol.1 - Yet another SWAT Kats comic

SWAT Kats related fan art goes here.
LowdogCraft
Filled with Determination
Flag: United States of America

SWAT Kats: Uprising Vol.1 - Yet another SWAT Kats comic

Postby LowdogCraft » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:00 pm

SWAT Kats Uprising cover.png

It's been 10 years since the SWAT Kats saved Megakat City from the threat of Zed. Since then, a new mayor was elected into office, and a lot of funding and care was put into the Enforcers in order to make them unstoppable. It made the SWAT Kats useless, and what was worse was that the new mayor went out of their way to ridicule and blame the SWAT Kats for all of the damage caused to the city. The SWAT Kats aren't seen for a long, long time, since they've outlived their use.

But times have changed. Jake Clawson has gone missing from the Salvage Yard and Chance, also known as T-Bone, has lost his will to fight. Crime soon starts to overpower the Enforcers yet again. It's this that provokes Chance to contact his brother, Michael Furlong, as well as his friend, Jack Blackclaw, to become the new SWAT Kats. With the old technology that Chance has salvaged, Michael and Jack become Flash and Shadow, and have one goal: Fight crime and prove to the new mayor that the SWAT Kats are worth fighting with!

So yeah. I'm starting a comic of my own. The title of this post was made to be intentionally sarcastic for a reason, haha. I've been planning this story for I don't even know how long, and the pieces have finally fallen into place. This is gonna be my first major comic ever since elementary school (We won't get into those details), and I'm excited to show it to you guys. This comic will be drawn in sort of an anime/manga style, but it will be read from left to right, just like any normal comic. This also means I'll be free from the torment that is coloring every page without the use of a fill tool (stupid Sketchbook expecting me to spend five dollars for a fill tool). I'll be updating this as much as possible, and I hope you guys enjoy the story I've got in store. I don't have the first page for you guys quite yet, but it'll be up ASAP.

Oh yeah by the way here's a banner for it too
SWAT Kats uprising banner.jpg

Gradients. Yay.
5 x
~Lowdog002
Artist, Musician, Gamer and
LGBTQ+ Supporter
"Knowing the mouse might one day leave its hole and get the cheese... It fills you with determination."

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Spain

Re: SWAT Kats: Uprising Vol.1 - Yet another SWAT Kats comic

Postby Cait » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:42 am

OMG, another SK comic! And the background story looks great :3
1 x

LowdogCraft

Postby LowdogCraft » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:18 pm

Page 1!
Uprising P1.PNG
5 x
~Lowdog002
LGBTQ+ Supporter
"Knowing the mouse might one day leave its hole and get the cheese... It fills you with determination."

LowdogCraft

Postby LowdogCraft » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:42 pm

Page 2! There's a certain reference to an anime on this page... five points if you get it :3
EDIT: Also, forgetting to draw Chance's whisker things is a common thing for me, it'll be fixed in all future pages
Uprising P2.png
5 x
~Lowdog002
LGBTQ+ Supporter

Swatkatfan21
Resident

Postby Swatkatfan21 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:05 am

Nice work so far and I love the banner! Look forward to more of your comic.
1 x

Jacob1290
Raccoon with a pen
Flag: Great Britain

Postby Jacob1290 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:55 pm

LowdogCraft wrote:SWAT Kats Uprising cover.png
It's been 10 years since the SWAT Kats saved Megakat City from the threat of Zed. Since then, a new mayor was elected into office, and a lot of funding and care was put into the Enforcers in order to make them unstoppable. It made the SWAT Kats useless, and what was worse was that the new mayor went out of their way to ridicule and blame the SWAT Kats for all of the damage caused to the city. The SWAT Kats aren't seen for a long, long time, since they've outlived their use.

But times have changed. Jake Clawson has gone missing from the Salvage Yard and Chance, also known as T-Bone, has lost his will to fight. Crime soon starts to overpower the Enforcers yet again. It's this that provokes Chance to contact his brother, Michael Furlong, as well as his friend, Jack Blackclaw, to become the new SWAT Kats. With the old technology that Chance has salvaged, Michael and Jack become Flash and Shadow, and have one goal: Fight crime and prove to the new mayor that the SWAT Kats are worth fighting with!

So yeah. I'm starting a comic of my own. The title of this post was made to be intentionally sarcastic for a reason, haha. I've been planning this story for I don't even know how long, and the pieces have finally fallen into place. This is gonna be my first major comic ever since elementary school (We won't get into those details), and I'm excited to show it to you guys. This comic will be drawn in sort of an anime/manga style, but it will be read from left to right, just like any normal comic. This also means I'll be free from the torment that is coloring every page without the use of a fill tool (stupid Sketchbook expecting me to spend five dollars for a fill tool). I'll be updating this as much as possible, and I hope you guys enjoy the story I've got in store. I don't have the first page for you guys quite yet, but it'll be up ASAP.

Oh yeah by the way here's a banner for it too
SWAT Kats uprising banner.jpg
Gradients. Yay.

Looks good so far, but it's too soon for me to really judge how the story is.

and about that banner, I think you need to directly contact Modad to put that up. That's what I had to do for my banners to get put up on the site
1 x
If there's a will, There's a way. #LoveWins
I got myself a medal of honor just by sitting in the dark drawing
Website HERE >> http://swatkats.net/ <<
ImageImage

LowdogCraft

Postby LowdogCraft » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:31 pm

I am currently idea starved right now, or as some might say, I have a writer's block staring me in the face. A new page will be coming out soon, and sorry for the little mini-hiatus. RazEmbarrassed
0 x
~Lowdog002
LGBTQ+ Supporter

LowdogCraft

Postby LowdogCraft » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:17 pm

I HAVE RETURNED WITH A NEW PAGE! :D
Uprising P3.png

Whoo, finally. Time to get back on track. RazLaugh
3 x
~Lowdog002
LGBTQ+ Supporter

LowdogCraft

Postby LowdogCraft » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:45 pm

Pages 4 and 5!
Uprising page 4.png

Uprising p5.png
3 x
~Lowdog002
LGBTQ+ Supporter

Jacob1290
Raccoon with a pen
Flag: Great Britain

Postby Jacob1290 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:46 am

LowdogCraft wrote:Pages 4 and 5!
Uprising page 4.png
Uprising p5.png

He might wanna get a haircut before fighting crime, the bangs would obscure his vision and he would lack depth perception.
...Or I'm analyzing a web comic too deeply. I tend to do that at practically 3:am
1 x
If there's a will, There's a way. #LoveWins
I got myself a medal of honor just by sitting in the dark drawing
Website HERE >> http://swatkats.net/ <<
ImageImage

Return to “Fan Art”