T-Bone and Callie

SWAT Kats related fan art goes here.
Ty-Chou
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: United States of America

T-Bone and Callie

Postby Ty-Chou » Fri May 30, 2014 11:43 pm

Unfortunately, I haven't drawn anything new for Swat Kats for a while. But I thought I'd share my favorite pic that I've drawn so far. I'm a big fan of the possibility of a T-BonexCallie pairing. (Though I know not everyone agrees with this pairing. I am okay with other pairings and no pairings of both characters, too.)

But more than I am a fan of this pairing, I'm a huge fan of T-Bone's crush on Callie. I don't think there is any dispute that she is, at least, important to him and he cares very much about her safety. Unfortunately for him, he is very good at putting his worst foot forward any time he tries to impress her. My personal feeling is that if she ever found out what an adorkable goofball he really is she just might fall for him.

I obviously did not draw the cityscape in the background. I just took a screencap from the show and put it in cuz I got lazy.
Last edited by Ty-Chou on Sat May 31, 2014 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident

Re: T-Bone and Callie

Postby MoDaD » Sat May 31, 2014 2:10 am

Always liked this one. The shading and colors really sell the atmosphere.
0 x

Poecat
Fandom Veteran

Postby Poecat » Sat May 31, 2014 7:58 am

I agree with Matt, the coloring and shading make this awesome... I still have issues with shadowing the point of light directions.

I always imagined Razor pairing with Callie as T-bone paired with Felina.... or even Turmoil. LOL... even though I know T-bone wouldn't pair with Turmoil because she is a bad girl ;3

Hah...with a Chane and Felina pairing.... could you imagine Feral waiting to meet his niece's boyfriend for dinner and here come Chance up the drive?

<Feral> ::vein pops out on forehead::
0 x

Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Felony » Sat May 31, 2014 10:16 am

Glad you shared this one! It's probably my favorite romantic SK fan images because it is dynamic and emotional. <3 While I think Jake and Callie would make a good pair, I could see her with Chance too. Both of them obviously care for her after all. Thankfully they never did an episode where the boys fought over her >_> though I know Chance was getting annoyed at Jake's swooning of queen Callista in the episode Bride of the Pastmaster. XD
0 x
https://nova.swatkats.info - SWAT Kats: Nova Squadron
https://darkkat.com - Dark Kat’s Doomsday Page
https://felonykat.com - Class A Felony

Ty-Chou
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Ty-Chou » Sat May 31, 2014 1:44 pm

I totally agree with you, Poecat. There are some light source problems with this. I am not the best colorist and I'm sure a lot of that is due to the fact that I don't enjoy coloring very much. And when I do get in the zone, I start focusing on little bits and what looks "pretty" and then I pull back to look at the whole picture and realize it's not quite right. But then I'm like "Don't care, not changing it! Needs to be finished!" I have a weird art OCD where I just need a pic to be finished whether it's done right or not. *shrugs*

Thanks for all your positive comments though, guys. I had so much fun drawing the pic when I was sketching it out. I'm glad people enjoy it as it's "finished".
0 x

thelastmemory
Long-Term Resident

Postby thelastmemory » Sat May 31, 2014 4:21 pm

Love this! It's very sweet. I think the lighting is fantastic. I'm not the best colorist either. I have very little patience for it, so I have total respect for people who draw in full color all the time.
I'm a JakexCallie, ChancexFelina pairing fan myself, although I could see Chance with Callie as well. I just can't see Felina with Jake for some reason, but I know a lot of other people would disagree.
0 x

Poecat
Fandom Veteran

Postby Poecat » Sat May 31, 2014 5:33 pm

Coloring isn't my favorite thing either. ::Stares at Felony.... as she enjoys coloring::
0 x

Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Felony » Sat May 31, 2014 5:42 pm

LOL Coloring is the EASY part to any piccie! XD I turn on my massive mp3 playlist and get in the zone when coloring digitally. It's therapeutic! XD I also like coloring with Copic markers, save there is no "undo" button. >_>

Shading... not as fun and relaxing as coloring, but yeah it is difficult getting the light source proper when it isn't just a straight regular room lighting. Things like night pictures such as this one are difficult to fully capture correctly.
0 x
https://nova.swatkats.info - SWAT Kats: Nova Squadron
https://darkkat.com - Dark Kat’s Doomsday Page
https://felonykat.com - Class A Felony

thelastmemory
Long-Term Resident

Postby thelastmemory » Sat May 31, 2014 11:47 pm

Felony wrote:LOL Coloring is the EASY part to any piccie! XD I turn on my massive mp3 playlist and get in the zone when coloring digitally. It's therapeutic! XD I also like coloring with Copic markers, save there is no "undo" button. >_>

Shading... not as fun and relaxing as coloring, but yeah it is difficult getting the light source proper when it isn't just a straight regular room lighting. Things like night pictures such as this one are difficult to fully capture correctly.

I love copic markers, but I haven't used them in ages. The store that sold them near my house went out of business. Coloring digitally stresses me out though.
0 x

YuriHoshimi
Just Moved In

Postby YuriHoshimi » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:53 am

Poecat wrote:I agree with Matt, the coloring and shading make this awesome... I still have issues with shadowing the point of light directions.

I always imagined Razor pairing with Callie as T-bone paired with Felina.... or even Turmoil. LOL... even though I know T-bone wouldn't pair with Turmoil because she is a bad girl ;3

I can also easly see Razor with Callie and T-Bone with Felina.
I even had stamps made cause I support those ships. XD
0 x

Return to “Fan Art”