Katney Does Art?

SWAT Kats related fan art goes here.
Katney
Resident
Flag: United States of America

Katney Does Art?

Postby Katney » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:44 pm

Guess I should make like the Kool Kitts and post some art as well. Show characters usually step outside my comfort zone since I can't bring myself to make canon characters match my (ever evolving) art style, but I have done it multiple times in the past...

The above image was done after I had been drawing somewhat regularly for a year, and it took 6 pieces of 8.5"x11" paper to create it all. RazEmbarrassed I'm not sure what I was doing/thinking back then. This was done as part of an art challenge called "Fight the Villain (and Minion)", this one featuring Dr. Viper, one of his Plantimals, and my OC Axle. Looking at old art of mine I often can't help but want to redraw it. crazymadkat Question is, would I be able to on just one piece of paper? XDDD

I also did another one while there was time with my other OC Pierce against Turmoil and one of her pilots.

It was much sillier. ^^
9 x

MoDaD
Janitor

Re: Katney Does Art?

Postby MoDaD » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:33 pm

I also did another one while there was time with my other OC Pierce against Turmoil and one of her pilots.

Two master tacticians locked in a deadly match of guile, intellect and cunning :lol:
2 x
Your Most Complete Source For All Things SWAT Kats Since 1999
The MEGA SWAT Kast | @TheSWATKats | YouTube Channel | The SWAT Kats Encyclopedia | Fandom Awards | Avatar by Kanogetz | @_MoDaD_
My schedule's been very inundated as of late. If I don't reply to you in a timely fashion please accept my apologies in advance. Thank you for your understanding!

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Spain

Postby Cait » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:26 am

Hahaha! What a nice and funny piece! TboneLaughCait
1 x

NeeKnight
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Great Britain

Postby NeeKnight » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:08 am

Oh it's been years since I've seen these X3 I admit, you've come a long way since you drew these but honestly these still are amazing RazLovey Great job!
1 x

Prettyshadowj26
Long-Term Resident

Postby Prettyshadowj26 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:02 pm

:lol: :lol: TboneLaughCait TboneLaughCait RazSilly RazSilly That short comic is so Funny ;D
1 x

Katney
Resident

Postby Katney » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:30 pm

This next pic came from another art challenge a few years later in 2010 when I was more used to drawing and got more anatomically correct (at least in comparison XD) in my art. The challenge? Try to mimic the show's animation style and make your picture appear like a screenshot. My OC Skylar is Callie Briggs' niece in my continuity set more in the present, and she looks enough like her that it would cause some kats to have a surprised reaction, like that random waitress I added in.

7 x

Swatkatfan21
Resident

Postby Swatkatfan21 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:55 pm

Katney wrote:This next pic came from another art challenge a few years later in 2010 when I was more used to drawing and got more anatomically correct (at least in comparison XD) in my art. The challenge? Try to mimic the show's animation style and make your picture appear like a screenshot. My OC Skylar is Callie Briggs' niece in my continuity set more in the present, and she looks enough like her that it would cause some kats to have a surprised reaction, like that random waitress I added in.

Very well done! Skylar looks just enough like Callie to make you realize she's family. Too many artist make their related characters look too familiar. Almost to the point of being clones. Thank you for sharing your art! DarkKatIcon
0 x

Katney
Resident

Postby Katney » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:57 am

Now that it's July, I can celebrate Christmas in it. XDDD These next two comic pages were made up for the holiday season. Have your OC(s) catch a villain and wrap 'em up for the Enforcers. For the purpose of a joke I went with Hard Drive. Pierce, Axle, and Armory have Hard Drive cornered (or the other way around) in an electronics store, but luckily our heroes have a plan.

I had drawn these pages originally in 2009, but redrew them again a year later because I wasn't satisfied with the results. XD While a big improvement I could probably do better, but there's a limit to how many times one should revisit their art. XD
4 x

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Spain

Postby Cait » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:41 pm

I must say this last comic is incredible xD Is well detailed, easy to follow and fun, VERY fun XD Can't stop laughing with the x-mas lights/TV plugged in Hard Drive's ear TboneLaughCait
1 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:07 pm

Hard Drive: And now for today's villainous workout... jumping jacks!

Sorry, couldn't resist. TboneLaughCait
1 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Return to “Fan Art”