ART CHALLENGE FOUR - School Days

SWAT Kats related fan art goes here.
Poecat
Fandom Veteran
Flag: United States of America

Re: ART CHALLENGE FOUR - School Days

Postby Poecat » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:47 pm

Looks Awesome Jiesi. LOL I love the eraser heading right at Chance's head RazorHappyCait
2 x

LowdogCraft
Filled with Determination

Postby LowdogCraft » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:55 pm

NeeKnight wrote:
LowdogCraft wrote:I have a lot of ideas for this one, I'm just having trouble deciding which one to do for the challenge in particular.

To paraphrase the Napoleon of Crime, the notorious Professor Ratigan...

"You don't know what a delightful dilemma it was, trying to decide on the most appropriate method for this challenge. Oh, I had so many ingenious ideas I didn't know which to choose. So I decided to use them all."

It was this kind of thinking that lead to me making SWAT Kats Turbo Edition last year. I also have quite a few ideas I've been sketching out while on my Vacay ^^ Madkatlaughing I am so pumped up HardDriveIcon

Well now the only question left to answer is can it take place in a school rather than be entirely about school? Because there's a school from an anime that's gonna be the setting for one drawing, but it's a bit um... out of the norm when it comes to schools.

Yes, I know I'm a weeb, and no I don't care. TboneLaughCait
3 x
~Lowdog002
Artist, Musician, Gamer and
LGBTQ+ Supporter
"Knowing the mouse might one day leave its hole and get the cheese... It fills you with determination."

Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Felony » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:38 pm

LowdogCraft wrote:Well now the only question left to answer is can it take place in a school rather than be entirely about school? Because there's a school from an anime that's gonna be the setting for one drawing, but it's a bit um... out of the norm when it comes to schools.

Is the character a student in this abnormal school? What kind of school is this? If the inspiration behind the image is just to put SK characters in an anime, that's more of a crossover type of image and not quite answering the challenge. ^^;
1 x
^www^ <-- This is my happy evil megalomaniac face.
Class A Felony
DarkKatFury

LowdogCraft
Filled with Determination

Postby LowdogCraft » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:26 am

Felony wrote:
LowdogCraft wrote:Well now the only question left to answer is can it take place in a school rather than be entirely about school? Because there's a school from an anime that's gonna be the setting for one drawing, but it's a bit um... out of the norm when it comes to schools.

Is the character a student in this abnormal school? What kind of school is this? If the inspiration behind the image is just to put SK characters in an anime, that's more of a crossover type of image and not quite answering the challenge. ^^;

Yeah, now that you mention it, this idea in particular wouldn't work very well as the anime the school is in focuses WAY more on the students rather than the school itself. I might do it as a side thing not related to the challenge though. Either way, thanks for asking those questions, Felony. It helped me from putting something completely unrelated into this challenge. TboneLaughCait
0 x
~Lowdog002
Artist, Musician, Gamer and
LGBTQ+ Supporter
"Knowing the mouse might one day leave its hole and get the cheese... It fills you with determination."

Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Felony » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:09 am

LowdogCraft wrote:Yeah, now that you mention it, this idea in particular wouldn't work very well as the anime the school is in focuses WAY more on the students rather than the school itself. I might do it as a side thing not related to the challenge though. Either way, thanks for asking those questions, Felony. It helped me from putting something completely unrelated into this challenge. TboneLaughCait

The challenge IS about the students during a part of their lives they attended school. The character(s) you choose do not HAVE to be drawn physically on campus of whatever learning institution you've chosen.

For example, maybe Mayor Manx was a party boy in college. You could draw a younger version of him in his college frat house dancing with others during a party. It fulfills the challenge, showing how Manx was in his college days.
3 x
^www^ <-- This is my happy evil megalomaniac face.
Class A Felony
DarkKatFury

marklungo
Fandom Veteran

Postby marklungo » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:18 am

The poll should have a third choice for "I'm not an artist."
1 x
"Saturday is usually my morning to sleep in."

Jiesi
Long-Term Resident

Postby Jiesi » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:41 am

marklungo wrote:The poll should have a third choice for "I'm not an artist."

It does say you can collaborate. So someone can help you. Maybe you can come up with ideas they draw and you color. Or do a cosplay of it and then photoshop or gimp the rest. Maybe I'll make a post on how to draw basics to help.
2 x
Will work for bubble tea...despite needing money... crazymadkat

Jiesi
Long-Term Resident

Postby Jiesi » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:35 pm

marklungo wrote:The poll should have a third choice for "I'm not an artist."

I just posted a learn to draw tutorial in fan art in case anyone needed it. I don't now if it will help. but it would stink for someone to miss an opportunity for an awesome coin just cuz no one showed them how to draw or not even try.
2 x
Will work for bubble tea...despite needing money... crazymadkat

Poecat
Fandom Veteran

Postby Poecat » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:45 am

Young Hard Drive... Before he was Hard Drive. This is HD as a teen. I have always thought HD was techie smart with his Surge Coat and his hacking skills. So I figured he would be well, very intelligent when it came to computer systems.

So in this image, HD is a teen in high school...who is made to take a general computers class. He quickly figures out how to use the school's computer lab to hack into Megakat City's Bank and transfers millions of dollars into his pockets. LOL. He gets caught of course and gloats about what he has done. The detective in this.... it could be a younger Feral or a relative of his. XD HardDriveIcon

13 x

marklungo
Fandom Veteran

Postby marklungo » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:12 am

Awesome as always, Cindy! Loving both the pic and the dialogue. Hoping you'll post this at your various accounts, if you haven't already. Also:

Poecat wrote:The detective in this.... it could be a younger Feral or a relative of his.

If it's not Feral himself, maybe it's the brother he briefly referred to in one episode?
2 x
"Saturday is usually my morning to sleep in."

Return to “Fan Art”