screen caps of my terible fan animation

SWAT Kats related fan art goes here.
Jiesi
Long-Term Resident
Flag: United States of America

Re: screen caps of my terible fan animation

Postby Jiesi » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:47 pm

In bits and peaces it would be fine, but all together it may come off pretty rough. It's not consistent in style and technique, as well as learning as I go so it wont be that smooth.theres also a few spots where the program didn't do what it was suppoest to in the camera view resulting in not so smoothness. So its going to be a rollercoaster of oh that looks good, oh wait, no, ok this parts even better oh no thats the worst I've seen...why oh ok...lol Not to mention the progam keeps crashing so I have to save every 5 sec.

I still don't understand the problem of tracing the Kats running. I don't know if I mentioned I'm new to drawing on tablet, I think I ment to point that out with the scratchboard of Mac and Molly but maybe got distracted I don't know. but Who remembers how awkward of an adjustment drawing on tablet is? Tracing is so understated as a learning tool. Remember those good old days going to school, tracing the letters as we were learning how to write and develop the feel and control of the eye hand coordination as well as learning something new? At work with our special needs kids who are all over the place with the pencil, we use a high lighter and tell them to trace, halfway in the year they don't need it anymore. But now I got my nice new tablet that is bigger then my laptop and I can see what I'm drawing so I'm happy RazorHappyCait but anyway I was thinking of replacing the opening up till Dr Viper comes in. I haven't fgured out what to do yet. I wass concerned if it reminds people to much of 911 but then again building did get blown up in the show and obviously kats ran. Or maybe have a warning in the beginning about that scene as well as a possible seizure trigger for something else, I have to as someone about that.

thanks Yeah I drew the metalikats with the knife on scratchboard. I kinda want to do more but I don't know what to do with them when I'm done. there is a pose I saw someone do with T-Bone and Jake on top of the turbokat but even if I decide to do that in a realistic way I'll need to find the time to do it between this and a commission
1 x
Will work for bubble tea...despite needing money... crazymadkat

Jiesi
Long-Term Resident

Postby Jiesi » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:21 pm

There is Something evil going on with the program I'm using. I guess I have to go back to paper. DarkKatFury
0 x

Jiesi
Long-Term Resident

Postby Jiesi » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:05 am

I'm kinda debating if I should have a short and long. So far a have around 2 min to the 6 min song. I might use thanksgiving a period for my decision.
0 x

Jiesi
Long-Term Resident

Postby Jiesi » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:31 pm

i wanted to get some opinions on my version of Hard Drive. I wanted to make it look like hes hacking your computer but for some reason the computer stuff came out blurry. Its no big deal to redo it but not sure if the idea might work for the rest of the animation im doing. l dont know I just feel it will be out of place. I will be adding more ideas I didnt really want to show more of what I have but if it helps make things better before i put it all together why not.... actually hard drives gift looks more crazy then what i made him.......mmmmmm HardDriveIcon
Attachments
ezgif.com-video-to-gif(3).gif
ezgif.com-video-to-gif(3).gif (324.37 KiB) Viewed 166 times
ezgif.com-video-to-gif(2).gif
ezgif.com-video-to-gif(2).gif (320.13 KiB) Viewed 166 times
ezgif.com-video-to-gif(1).gif
ezgif.com-video-to-gif(1).gif (182.68 KiB) Viewed 166 times
ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif
ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif (261.64 KiB) Viewed 166 times
untitled.gif
1 x

Jiesi
Long-Term Resident

Postby Jiesi » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:41 pm

and heres one more. I really like drawing the city
Attachments
ezgif.com-video-to-gif(4).gif
ezgif.com-video-to-gif(4).gif (335.28 KiB) Viewed 164 times
1 x

Prettyshadowj26
Long-Term Resident

Postby Prettyshadowj26 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:01 pm

Jiesi wrote:In bits and peaces it would be fine, but all together it may come off pretty rough. It's not consistent in style and technique, as well as learning as I go so it wont be that smooth.theres also a few spots where the program didn't do what it was suppoest to in the camera view resulting in not so smoothness. So its going to be a rollercoaster of oh that looks good, oh wait, no, ok this parts even better oh no thats the worst I've seen...why oh ok...lol Not to mention the progam keeps crashing so I have to save every 5 sec.

I still don't understand the problem of tracing the Kats running. I don't know if I mentioned I'm new to drawing on tablet, I think I ment to point that out with the scratchboard of Mac and Molly but maybe got distracted I don't know. but Who remembers how awkward of an adjustment drawing on tablet is? Tracing is so understated as a learning tool. Remember those good old days going to school, tracing the letters as we were learning how to write and develop the feel and control of the eye hand coordination as well as learning something new? At work with our special needs kids who are all over the place with the pencil, we use a high lighter and tell them to trace, halfway in the year they don't need it anymore. But now I got my nice new tablet that is bigger then my laptop and I can see what I'm drawing so I'm happy RazorHappyCait but anyway I was thinking of replacing the opening up till Dr Viper comes in. I haven't fgured out what to do yet. I wass concerned if it reminds people to much of 911 but then again building did get blown up in the show and obviously kats ran. Or maybe have a warning in the beginning about that scene as well as a possible seizure trigger for something else, I have to as someone about that.

thanks Yeah I drew the metalikats with the knife on scratchboard. I kinda want to do more but I don't know what to do with them when I'm done. there is a pose I saw someone do with T-Bone and Jake on top of the turbokat but even if I decide to do that in a realistic way I'll need to find the time to do it between this and a commission

We'll maybe tracing is cheating of arts some people said that tracing arts from other people is Bad it's doesn't make you a better artist but some people claim that Tracing is the 1st step of Arts as long as you don't copy from Artist . Just a weird advice I 've give you I like your art BTW
0 x

Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Felony » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:37 pm

Jiesi wrote:I still don't understand the problem of tracing the Kats running. I don't know if I mentioned I'm new to drawing on tablet, I think I ment to point that out with the scratchboard of Mac and Molly but maybe got distracted I don't know. but Who remembers how awkward of an adjustment drawing on tablet is? Tracing is so understated as a learning tool. Remember those good old days going to school, tracing the letters as we were learning how to write and develop the feel and control of the eye hand coordination as well as learning something new?

You are not a child, you are an adult. Tracing is fine for children learning or for just a random activity. It isn't meant for people to cheat their way through to finish an animated artwork that is published.

Prettyshadowj26 wrote:some people claim that Tracing is the 1st step of Arts as long as you don't copy from Artist . Just a weird advice I 've give you I like your art BTW

It is. For children. All of my art teachers and professors were against tracing, even for beginners of highschool age and up. Several didn't even like sight drawing from magazine photos, they rather we go out and find things in real life to draw for practice. -_-;
2 x
^www^ <-- This is my happy evil megalomaniac face.
Class A Felony
DarkKatFury

Poecat
Fandom Veteran

Postby Poecat » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:56 pm

Tracing and the controversy of if its cheating and if its a tool for learning. I see this all over the place. And for me as an artist. It is a touchy subject. Honestly, I traced when I was in 3rd grade. I traced a whole TMNT comic. It was easy. It looked pretty. It was perfect. I showed friends… I was called a copier…. a copycat. I really couldn’t draw the way the artist that drew that TMNT comic. I never traced art again. Because it was not mine. The art belonged to someone else.

So the answer is: .... Tracing is both. It is cheating and it is a tool for learning.

Jiesi wrote:I still don't understand the problem of tracing the Kats running.

So when you are tracing the Kats running, you are copying someone else HARD WORK. It’s not yours. Yes, you are learning how to use the tablet. But what is stopping you from tracing to learn the movements…. figuring it out…. THEN putting what you learned into drawing it yourself, before publishing it for others to see?

I guess I do not understand why you would trace to learn and just publish what you have traced……. and not take the next step and work further on what you have learned and publish something that is your own.

EDIT:

I'd like to add...I don't mean to discourage you at all. I hope to not come off like that...I have a hard time trying to convey what I am trying to say in text. I think you should keep working on your animation. I'd just like to see you take what you have learned and make it your own piece of art.
1 x

Jiesi
Long-Term Resident

Postby Jiesi » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:51 am

Holy cow why are we still going over something that we've already discussed we're I keep try to defend my point of view. I am sticking to my guns.
1 I flat out said I traced the scene. I wasn't hiding it. I can understand people being upset if I didn't but I said it.

2 it was a complicated scene. If I drew it on tracing paper (so I can see the frame before it instead of flipping) I probably would go crazy with erasing and it would just be a mess.
If I drew it on my own on the tablet it would of taken me forever. I don't draw cartoons, I don't draw on the computer. I draw fine art. It's been irking me on other tiny details that the lines went smooth enough, gaps in color, weather it looks to cartoony or not cartoony enough, the program is annoying with its flaws and there's other inconsistencies, as well as needing more frames.
3 really good animation programs lets you mince certain parts of the figure around to cut down drawing time. I don't have that. Would I get a hard time for trying to make my life easier using that to help me get and understand the movements?
4 if you saw the gifs would you say it helped with the eye hand cordination on the tablet? Although I don't know if you can tell the difference between the good tablet and the bad tablet but those are mine and I don't know what it would of been like if I didn't try to teach myself with the tablet the way I had because drawing on paper and drying on tablet is two different things if you think it's so easy I would love to see somebody try and animate open to people or cats or whatever running for their lives

I don't mind people's opinions but we're kind of beating a dead horse here and I just wanted feedback on the hard drive gift if he looks like he fits in or if it just looks completely random and messy which might look better of course if I fixed it but it takes a lot of time and I constantly want to MoveOn and animating is time-consuming not to mention that I am drained as hell by the time I come home from work because the kid is having a temper tantrum all day long screaming hitting the teacher kicking throwing things at Cetra and then I have stuff going on with family which is making me disappointed in them and is dragging me down and all I need to do and want to do is just draw but I am drained and things are moving slowly. I don't know maybe I won't post any updates on new animated areas if people aren't getting over something that I've done in the past and it doesn't mean that I can't or won't go back and edit that I just want to have more of my vision in a reality
Or maybe I'll just not do any of the villains or chaotic scenes and have a super short version to the song and then I'll go back to scratchboard or working on something else
0 x

Poecat
Fandom Veteran

Postby Poecat » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:33 am

I am sticking to my guns.

And that’s ok. We all have our point of views. The subject had been brought up again about tracing and it being used as a teaching tool. I was just trying to say when tracing is ok as a learning tool and when it should no longer be used. Once you are ready to display a finished piece or section of art. It should be your work.
1 I flat out said I traced the scene. I wasn't hiding it. I can understand people being upset if I didn't but I said it.

Understood. You are learning and you told everyone that you did trace to learn. That’s fine. When you learn the motion of what you traced, I would like to see what you have learned is all :3 I hope you will do so in the future for the finished section.
2 it was a complicated scene. If I drew it on tracing paper (so I can see the frame before it instead of flipping) I probably would go crazy with erasing and it would just be a mess.
If I drew it on my own on the tablet it would of taken me forever. I don't draw cartoons, I don't draw on the computer. I draw fine art. It's been irking me on other tiny details that the lines went smooth enough, gaps in color, weather it looks to cartoony or not cartoony enough, the program is annoying with its flaws and there's other inconsistencies, as well as needing more frames.

Understood and I do understand. I wanted to be an animator for the Mouse. I took one basic animation class and said NOPE... sequential art for me. So yes, I do understand.

As for the not drawing cartoons.. I am the opposite and do not do well with realistic art. I hate painting and hate it when people ask me to draw a portrait. I understand that you are used to drawing a completely new art style. Which with that... I would suggest starting with learning to draw the characters first. In different poses.

The tablet and program being annoying. Agreed. I have dealt with hand / eye coordination with tablets and difficult programs. A suggestion to a program that might be better then what you are using. Clip Studio Paint has an animation area, though I have never used it. But I planned on it, after I get several things out of the way. But here is info that and a short animation made in that program http://www.clipstudio.net/en/promotion/animation

3 really good animation programs lets you mince certain parts of the figure around to cut down drawing time. I don't have that. Would I get a hard time for trying to make my life easier using that to help me get and understand the movements?

From what I know of those programs...you still have to build the character and add control points. Then tell those points where to move. But I could be wrong. I have never had the opportunity to use a program like that.
4 if you saw the gifs would you say it helped with the eye hand cordination on the tablet? Although I don't know if you can tell the difference between the good tablet and the bad tablet but those are mine and I don't know what it would of been like if I didn't try to teach myself with the tablet the way I had because drawing on paper and drying on tablet is two different things if you think it's so easy I would love to see somebody try and animate open to people or cats or whatever running for their lives

I do know that drawing on a tablet is difficult. That is why I bit the bullet and bought a tablet monitor. I can’t say much else about what you say here. I understand it’s difficult and I get that you are learning. But I say again, posting the finished section with untraced art should be the goal.
I don't mind people's opinions but we're kind of beating a dead horse here

I’m sorry. <:3 The horse came back to life when prettyshadow brought it up again?

and I just wanted feedback on the hard drive gift if he looks like he fits in or if it just looks completely random and messy which might look better of course if I fixed it but it takes a lot of time and I constantly want to MoveOn and animating is time-consuming

Again, I’m sorry. The Hard Drive gif works messy... as he looks like he is a bunch of static electric on the computer screen.
not to mention that I am drained as hell by the time I come home from work because the kid is having a temper tantrum all day long screaming hitting the teacher kicking throwing things at Cetra and then I have stuff going on with family which is making me disappointed in them and is dragging me down and all I need to do and want to do is just draw but I am drained and things are moving slowly.

Gotta say... I subbed one Kindergarten class of 20 kids, I had no teacher aid and had 5 special needs kids mixed with. I will never sub again. And I salute you for teaching kids and sticking with it. I will stick with raising only my own kids. But yeah... I get the stress of a full time job and family... and only want to come home to draw. I do it to. A lot of artists have a full time job, come home to family and draw their arts at home.
I don't know maybe I won't post any updates on new animated areas if people aren't getting over something that I've done in the past and it doesn't mean that I can't or won't go back and edit that I just want to have more of my vision in a reality
Or maybe I'll just not do any of the villains or chaotic scenes and have a super short version to the song and then I'll go back to scratchboard or working on something else

Like I said before, keep doing the animation. Keep practicing, learning... but create your own from what you have learned.

As a mod, I want to watch the tracing of copyrighted material here on the forum. I understand that it can be used as learning tool. BUT I want people to understand that it is a learning tool and shouldn’t be used for an original finished piece.

I don’t want others to feel it’s ok to start filling up the forum with traced work, under the name of learning. If we allow it with one person, then there is another and another.

You have done all the other gifs on your own though. So you are grasping the animation... yes that running part was hard... but I bet you can do it! :D

I won’t say anymore here. If you want to speak more on messenger, we can. I just wanted to reiterate for everyone that tracing is ok as a learning tool, but not used when ready to publish original final art.
1 x

Return to “Fan Art”