screen caps of my terible fan animation

SWAT Kats related fan art goes here.
Jiesi
Long-Term Resident
Flag: United States of America

Re: screen caps of my terible fan animation

Postby Jiesi » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:14 pm

I don't think I understand what you are saying. Are you saying all of my work here was 100% traced and not mine, and that I am claiming all of it as my own? What I traced, I flat out said and sited the episode.That seen would of taken me 5 times longer then what it did if I hadn't and I started this in march or april and I'm still going. In that seen you have multiple people from different distances and different reactions from different times and objects thats falling around them and then overlapping eachother. That's overwhelming. If I had drawn that on paper by observation I wouldn't have learned the feeling of doing things in passes like I did.
In the finish product if you want I can make a caption that it was from DEADLY PYRAMIDS. I was thinking of doing that to compare what I drew on paper, the difference between waccom cheep tablet and nice big huion gt 191 tablet as well as the difference between pencil 2d and trial versions of better programs. but I don't know if that would be to distracting
Attachments
Scan0023.jpg
Scan0014.jpg
take of at dusk.png
Scan0012.jpg
Scan0008.jpg
2 x
Will work for bubble tea...despite needing money... crazymadkat

Jiesi
Long-Term Resident

Postby Jiesi » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:16 pm

some more pre tablet
Attachments
u.png
bubbletea.png
calliewindow.png
Scan0018.png
trashed.png
2 x

Jiesi
Long-Term Resident

Postby Jiesi » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:54 pm

Theres a lot to practice with different approaches between going from point A to point z and filling it in between as well as even doing a straight run. He looks a little awkward with it but its working on an ark and I think its decent and I am putting A LOT of work into it.https://twitter.com/MaJiesi/status/896458225951928320
Attachments
vipertree.png
Untitled.png
2 x

Jiesi
Long-Term Resident

Postby Jiesi » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:11 pm

I don't think its my technical skill that needs work, its getting use to didgital work, finding my own style, plus thinking about the weight in movement, flow, ect. I don't doubt my ability to draw. I'm just use to drawing with knives in a realist way. (scratchboard) I don't know why they are sideways
Attachments
IMG_7153.JPG
3 x

Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Felony » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:19 pm

I did not say ALL your works were traced. I can tell the difference of what is a trace and what is original work as I've been so familiar with the SK series. You have talent, that Metallikats piece is absolutely amazing!

What I am saying is that tracing isn't always the best way to learn. It often becomes a crutch if an artist has to frequently rely on it to complete a work. Also, tracing is generally frowned upon because it is a direct copy of someone else's work.

if you want to submit traced work, yes please do state that it is.
4 x
^www^ <-- This is my happy evil megalomaniac face.
Class A Felony
DarkKatFury

Jiesi
Long-Term Resident

Postby Jiesi » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:05 pm

Holy cow you have no idea how much i wanted to chuck my laptop or tablet at the wall every time the program crashed or moved/deleted a layer. at lest I'm getting use to working with my new tablet, what a difference. I think pencil 2d really wants to test how much I wanted to portray my vision....Almost said F it, kinda did with Callie.... May either try "try" to add more of Callie trying to clear the hair from her face if the program will let me, or have a close up of T-Bone and Razor in their jet or just leave it. Really love X Japans Born To Be Free RazorLoveCait
https://www.facebook.com/MaJiesi/videos/vb.300100117/761868590082/?type=3&theater
2 x

Jiesi
Long-Term Resident

Postby Jiesi » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:12 pm

I'm starving so i cant really think right now what to do next. I want to add running, T-Bone kicking, another scene of Mac and Molly which are at the top of the interest. I have an idea for hard drive its simple but tedious. and a Flying point of view which may be impossible so naturally i want to do that but i should save that to draw on my lunch break when i goo back to work since I'll be drawing that on tracing paper. Maybe it will come to me after I eat
1 x

Ty-Chou
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Ty-Chou » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:16 pm

Wow, look at that Callie hair animation! I bet that took a while. You are really into learning how to animate. Keep practicing! If it's something you want to do professionally, I hope you're going or planning to go to school for it. It might be your calling.
2 x

Jiesi
Long-Term Resident

Postby Jiesi » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:41 pm

Thanks. I don't really know if it took that long lol. Of course it took a while. All I do is draw morning to night practically and I have to force myself to go for a walk just for some exercise. the hours an animator has to work doesn't intimidate me, its that I'm so ok with it, that scares me. I'd might as well just live in the studio. I also tend to draw fairly fast which I'm sure in some ways can be a draw back.
I was thinking of taking class if the school isn't to overbearing and if things work out with my family business but I don't think I'll be getting much from it. I'd just be happy at this point to be a little more stable lol.
I was also dewlling on the thought of 3d. Looking up jobs most of them also required 3d as well and I think I can do it if I took real classes and had a computer meant for that type of thing but I don't think it would be as fun. I would still probably be happier then working as a teacher assistant making just enough to scrape by on my own. I love the kids, love making a difference with them but its draining and to top it off another para I'll be working with this year is supper pushy and the other isnt that friendly to most people. So far I'm fine but it gets awkward
0 x

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Spain

Postby Cait » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:51 pm

First of all, the animation looks very good (WHY TERRIBLE!? RazorAnnoyedCait )!

And second, sorry to bring this up again (I don't have much free time to join the forum this month), but what Felony said is very true. Tracing erases almost every little thing you could learn from making a drawing. You are basically blocking your mind, or at least, that's the feel I had the few times I did it. Also, it makes me get bored very fast from drawing... Instead of that, I prefer to take the screenshot as a ref and do it "eye to hand" (trying to replicate it on my own). This allows me to even add details or small differences from the original as I draw.

What I mean is: maybe it saves you time and complications, but replicate is more fun and educative than tracing (and more if you add your magical touch). Also, it will make the drawing look cooler! SinianThisCait

One last comment. That Metallikats drawing... It was yours!?!? RazDumbfounded Seriously, It's one the best SK drawings I have seen! It is really realistic too, almost like a real old photo or poster! RazorLoveCait
0 x

Return to “Fan Art”