Getting Back Into Art

SWAT Kats related fan art goes here.
Swatkatfan21
Long-Term Resident
Flag: United States of America

Re: Getting Back Into Art

Postby Swatkatfan21 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:28 pm

Is it odd that I find Dr. Miriam Shahal to be more beautiful than Katrina? ZymeIcon For some reason she reminds me of a nurse who would chitchat with my grandmother and I when she had to have iron injections. The scar was a nice touch! A case of beauty enhanced by imperfection.
1 x

LadyStormcrow
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby LadyStormcrow » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:50 pm

Swatkatfan21 wrote:Is it odd that I find Dr. Miriam Shahal to be more beautiful than Katrina? ZymeIcon For some reason she reminds me of a nurse who would chitchat with my grandmother and I when she had to have iron injections. The scar was a nice touch! A case of beauty enhanced by imperfection.

Aw, I'm flattered you think so. What I really wanted to convey is that they're both beautiful, just very different styles of beauty: Katrina's "mysteriously beautiful" as in the script, while Miriam is more down-to-earth. (I was also going for a bit of a moon-vs-sun contrast in their coloring and shapes.)

Thanks for the story about your grandmother's nurse! It's neat when you see people in art who remind you of someone in real life (and vice versa).
2 x
When there is no more room in Hell, the dead shall party on the Internet.

marklungo
Fandom Veteran

Postby marklungo » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:36 pm

LadyStormcrow wrote:What I really wanted to convey is that they're both beautiful, just very different styles of beauty: Katrina's "mysteriously beautiful" as in the script, while Miriam is more down-to-earth. (I was also going for a bit of a moon-vs-sun contrast in their coloring and shapes.)

They may both be beautiful, but there's an important difference between them: Miriam is a good person/kat/whatever, while Katrina... not so much. Anyway, you did a great job with both of them! MadkatUpIcon
1 x
"Saturday is usually my morning to sleep in."

LadyStormcrow
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby LadyStormcrow » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:44 am

So my art bug pretty much went into hibernation after the holidays (I blame work-related stress :P), but it seems to be coming back now as the weather gets warmer and I remember the hang of coloring and outlining in Photoshop.

More OC villainesses:

A finalized redesign for Atropos, my first SK fan character, created back when I was about 15. I realized after reading the "Succubus!" script that I unknowingly gave her a lot of similarities to Katrina (rich, immortal she-kat who gains power by stealing life from her victims), so I'm trying now to emphasize their differences, both in looks and actions. This includes toning down Atropos' old appearance for a more "they look just like everyone else" look, though I couldn't resist keeping her heterochromatic eyes.
5 x

LadyStormcrow
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby LadyStormcrow » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:56 am

The second finalized redesign, for henchwoman-with-benefits Carmen Cascabel. I really wanted to emphasize how gaunt and unhealthy (in both mind and body) she becomes under Viper's influence. I'm not entirely happy with how the outlines on her face turned out (she's supposed to have a "would be pretty if she took better care of herself" look), but I am pleased with her hair.
6 x

TazKat
Long-Term Resident

Postby TazKat » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:40 pm

LadyStormcrow wrote:She hails from the nation of Khahtul-Bahr (the katworld version of Israel).

K A T I S R A E L!!!!!!!!!!!

: D
2 x
"I heard him scream last night. It was awful! I wish he wouldn't do that when he gets kidnapped." --Lucille, Samurai Pizza Cats

My Website
My DA Account
Art Commission Info

LadyStormcrow
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby LadyStormcrow » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:47 pm

TazKat wrote:
LadyStormcrow wrote:She hails from the nation of Khahtul-Bahr (the katworld version of Israel).

K A T I S R A E L!!!!!!!!!!!

: D

LOL, I hope that means you approve, TazKat?
2 x

marklungo
Fandom Veteran

Postby marklungo » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:43 pm

Lady Stormcrow, I just noticed that Miriam has an ear notch. How did she get it? Was it from the same incident where she got the shrapnel scar on her jaw?
1 x

LadyStormcrow
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby LadyStormcrow » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:44 pm

marklungo wrote:Lady Stormcrow, I just noticed that Miriam has an ear notch. How did she get it? Was it from the same incident where she got the shrapnel scar on her jaw?

Heh, I actually hadn't thought about it. I just put it there to make her a little more visually interesting - but, sure, let's go with that!
1 x

marklungo
Fandom Veteran

Postby marklungo » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:45 pm

LadyStormcrow wrote:
marklungo wrote:Lady Stormcrow, I just noticed that Miriam has an ear notch. How did she get it? Was it from the same incident where she got the shrapnel scar on her jaw?

Heh, I actually hadn't thought about it. I just put it there to make her a little more visually interesting - but, sure, let's go with that!

Happy to help! BroFistIcon
1 x

Return to “Fan Art”