Getting Back Into Art

SWAT Kats related fan art goes here.
LadyStormcrow
Resident
Flag: United States of America

Getting Back Into Art

Postby LadyStormcrow » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:13 pm

I've determined that I really do want to get back into drawing, to the point that I've even asked for a graphic tablet for Christmas. In the meantime, I'll be posting stuff and doing some crude coloring that will hopefully still be enjoyed.

To start with:

My take on Katrina Moorkroft from the unfinished episode "Succubus!". I pictured her with a very monochrome night/moon color scheme, to contrast with the more warmly colored main cast. For the actual design, I borrowed a lot from Morticia Addams (since Nancy Linari voiced her in the Hanna Barbera Addams Family cartoon), with some of Elise Lenoir mixed in. I also tried to give her a faintly batlike look, with the opera cape and big, forward-facing ears.
11 x
When there is no more room in Hell, the dead shall party on the Internet.

Prettyshadowj26
Long-Term Resident

Re: Getting Back Into Art

Postby Prettyshadowj26 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:55 pm

LadyStormcrow wrote:I've determined that I really do want to get back into drawing, to the point that I've even asked for a graphic tablet for Christmas. In the meantime, I'll be posting stuff and doing some crude coloring that will hopefully still be enjoyed.

To start with:

My take on Katrina Moorkroft from the unfinished episode "Succubus!". I pictured her with a very monochrome night/moon color scheme, to contrast with the more warmly colored main cast. For the actual design, I borrowed a lot from Morticia Addams (since Nancy Linari voiced her in the Hanna Barbera Addams Family cartoon), with some of Elise Lenoir mixed in. I also tried to give her a faintly batlike look, with the opera cape and big, forward-facing ears.

Wow I like your art
2 x

Poecat
Fandom Veteran

Postby Poecat » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:01 pm

I love your take on Katrina. I’ve always been partial to the dark gray colors. The choice in colors make her look elegant and sleek in my opinion.

I’m glad you are going to draw more! Cause I want to see more :3
3 x

Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Felony » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:50 am

Get out of my head, woman! I’ve been trying to work out a design of her for awhile and this is near spot on to what I think her design would be. White fur, black hair, elegant fashionable dress, pretty but a hint of deviousness. Really like this, Stormcrow and glad to see more art from you!
2 x
^www^ <-- This is my happy evil megalomaniac face.
Class A Felony
DarkKatFury

Swatkatfan21
Resident

Postby Swatkatfan21 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:27 pm

RazorLoveCait

I love your character design! She has a noble bearing from a bygone era, but there's a predatory nature about her. Makes you feel like a mouse trapped in a corner just looking at her eyes.

I look forward to seeing more of your artwork! MadkatUpIcon
1 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:24 pm

I said it on Discord, but that's one awesome rendition of Katrina! RazorLoveCait
2 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Ty-Chou
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Ty-Chou » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:09 pm

Yes! I'd love to see more of your art, LSC. You have some fun character designs. I shall chime in on enjoying seeing your take on Katrina. (Anytime a fan tries to design her I am interested in seeing.) She definitely fits the part.
2 x

LadyStormcrow
Resident

Postby LadyStormcrow » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:08 am

:oops: :) I'm really flattered you guys liked my take on Katrina so much! I still feel very out of practice with drawing, but I'll keep working at it.

Moving on from canon characters to OCs, and continuing the topic of she-kats with a thing for Commander Feral:

Dr. Miriam Shahal, a physical therapist who specializes in teaching patients to use prostheses. She hails from the nation of Khahtul-Bahr (the katworld version of Israel), where she once served as a field medic in her country's army - that mark on her jaw is a shrapnel scar. She and Feral meet when she's assigned as his therapist after he undergoes a life-changing injury, which leads to a very inconvenient mutual attraction (since a therapist getting involved with a patient is a huge no-no).

Basically, I wanted her to look like the anti-Katrina: warm coloring, a more solid build, and practical working clothes (in this case, the scrubs and sneakers she wears when working with patients). I also wanted to play with having a she-kat who has hair the same color as her fur, like many of the male kats on the show do - since Miriam's based on a lioness, I thought she'd be a good candidate.
6 x
When there is no more room in Hell, the dead shall party on the Internet.

Poecat
Fandom Veteran

Postby Poecat » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:38 am

I like the back story on Dr. Miriam Shahal. I also like that you attempted the same hair and fur color. It works well for her :3
2 x

Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Felony » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:00 pm

Mwhaha, I can see Feral blushing now.
2 x
^www^ <-- This is my happy evil megalomaniac face.
Class A Felony
DarkKatFury

Return to “Fan Art”