Bad Vibrations

SWAT Kats related fan fiction can be posted here.
Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
Flag: United States of America

Re: Bad Vibrations

Postby Kooshmeister » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:52 pm

The pilot frowns.

PILOT
Some guy took it.

MIRANDA
Took it? What--

PILOT
Nevermind that, there's more of those things headed right this way!

They turn and look. The trees beyond the plant parking lot shake ominously as more rock monsters approach. Suddenly, a roar of jet engines fills the air. The people on the ground glance up as the Enforcer Radical Squadron flies in, Rodrigez's jet in the lead. He looks down from his cockpit and frowns. There's a beeping noise and he flips a switch on his control panel marked "radio." Felina's voice comes in through his helmet's built-in headset.

RODRIGEZ
Wing Commander Rodrigez, here. Who is this?

FELINA
(through the radio)
This is Lieutenant Felina Feral, Wing Commander.

Rodrigez visibly brightens a bit.

RODRIGEZ
Good to hear from you, Lieutenant.
(turning serious)
How's the monster situation?

FELINA
(through the radio)
A little worse than we thought...

INT. POWER PLANT - CONTROL ROOM

Felina is speaking to Rodrigez using a radio in the control room.

FELINA
We killed a lot of them. But there's perhaps between four and six more of the ugly suckers running around.

RODRIGEZ
(through the radio)
Recommendations?

FELINA
They're vulnerable to sound. Use your Banshee Missiles.

RODRIGEZ
(through the radio)
Roger that. Anything else?

FELINA
Be sure and hit what I believe is their point of origin.

She glances at Enita standing nearby for confirmation. The geologist nods.

FELINA
It's a big steam cave near the edge of the property, at the base of the volcano. Dr. Ignimbrite thinks you ought to use something non-explosive to plug it up.

EXT. POWER PLANT - DAY

Rodrigez nods.

FELINA
(through the radio)
Good luck.

RODRIGEZ
Thanks.
(addressing his squadron)
All right, boys, listen up, we got some monsters to take out. Chuck! You take care of the beasties right here. Yeager! You come with me!

In the other two jets are Rodrigez's wingmen, CHUCK and YEAGER. Rodrigez and Yeager break away from formation and fly off over the treetops, swooping low towards the volcano, as Chuck banks 'round and targets the foremost of the approaching rock monsters. Gritting his teeth, he fires, and a Banshee Missile flies towards the monsters. It emits its high-pitching keening, the visible soundwaves colliding with, and shattering, the monsters one by one, until only one remains. It opens its mouth to catch the missile, which flies inside. As its jaws close over it, it explodes, decapitating the monster. The headless beast wobbles, then falls over and smashes like brittle pottery.

EXT. STEAMY VALLEY - DAY

Rodrigez and Yeager's jets fly over the treetops and make a beeline for the cave opening.

RODRIGEZ
Okay, remember, cement bombs, only! Now, on three! One...

He flips his helmet visor down and squints, tightening his grip on his steering stick, finger poised on the trigger.

RODRIGEZ
...two...

They zoom closer and closer. Rodrigez's finger flexes.

RODRIGEZ
...three!

He fires. Beside him, so does Yeager. Twin front-heavy missiles fly out from the front of their jets. They pull up and bank away, while the missiles sail straight and true into the cave opening.

INT. STEAM CAVES

The missiles fly in and explode in midair, filling the cave with a rapidly-expanding cementlike putty which clogs the entire orifice completely and quickly hardens.

EXT. POWER PLANT - DAY

Rodrigez, Chuck and Yeager land their jets in the parking lot and hop out as Felina, Enita, Miranda, Kyle and others come over, cheering and waving their hands. Felina approaches Rodrigez as he removes his helmet. The smile and shake hands.

FELINA
Excellent work, Rodrigez. I'm impressed.

RODRIGEZ
Pleasure to be of help, Lieutenant.

Releasing his hand, she turns to Miranda and Enita.

FELINA
What now?

Miranda sighs and crosses her arms.

MIRANDA
The plant will stay open, at least until we can find a new location to build another one. Someplace preferably monster free. I won't let Denit think he's won just because we had to close down due to a monster infestation.

FELINA
And in the meantime...?

MIRANDA
Well, in the meantime, I think I was being... a little bit melodramatic when I said the plant would shut down with only eight geothermal shafts, Doctor. So, in the meantime, no more drilling.

EXT. MEGAKAT NUCLEAR PLANT

The stolen Geological Society helicopter flies in and lands. Powering the rotors down, Kudrow gets out.

INT. MEGAKAT NUCLEAR PLANT - MANAGER'S OFFICE

Chuck Denit is furious.

DENIT
You idiot! You brought that thing back here? What if they have away of tracking it?

Kudrow frowns and looks chastened.

DENIT
Get rid of it!

FELINA
(offscreen)
Too late for that, mister.

Denit gasps, dropping his cigar. Felina Feral enters, still in just pants and tank top, with a dozen or so ENFORCER COMMANDOS.

FELINA
We tracked the helicopter back here, and you meeting with a suspected saboteur looks awfully suspicious.

DENIT
(stammers)
I swear I don't know this person!

FELINA
Save it. Cuff 'em.

The commandos restrain and handcuff Denit and Kudrow and lead them from the office. Felina sighs and looks worn out.

INT. ENFORCER HEADQUARTERS - COMMANDER'S OFFICE

Felina stands before her uncle's desk as he flips through her report. She's back in full uniform, helmet tucked under one arm. Feral hmms.

FERAL
Excellent work, Lieutenant. You've done well. And now, about what we discussed--

FELINA
I think you were right, Uncle. I mean, uh, sir.
(stiffens a little)
Although I don't think my problems are interfering with my duties, I think I would like to take some time off.

Feral smiles a little.

FERAL
All right, then, Felina, effective immediately, you're on vacation. And one other thing...

He hands her a phone number on a scrap of paper.

FELINA
What's this?

FERAL
Just a number I'd like you to think about calling if you start experiencing nightmares again. He's a friend of mine. Very discrete. Very professional.

She looks surprised that her mighty uncle has had to see a mental health professional in the past. He holds up a hand.

FERAL
Remember, Felina, not all wounds are physical. Got that?

FELINA
Yes, sir.

She says goodbye and leaves in better spirits, pocketing the piece of paper.

EXT. ANAKATA ISLAND - BEACH

Felina, in a bikini, with mirrored sunglasses propped up on her head, is lying on a towel at the beach, sunbathing. Kats in swimwear run around. A vigorous game of volleyball is going on behind her. Two kids in swim trunks leap over her prone form and continue on. She sits up, watching the boys run off, and smiles. Beside her is none other than Enita Ignimbrite; she hasn't come to the beach alone. Enita, also in a bikini, is engrossed in a paperback of some sort. After a moment, Felina rolls over and opens her purse which is sitting beside a cooler she brought with her. From inside, she takes out the number her uncle gave to her. Rising, she heads off across the beach. Enita glances up, lifting the front of her sun hat.

ENITA
Where are you off to?

FELINA
(slightly evasive)
Just to make a quick phone call. I'll be back.

Enita nods and returns to her reading.

EXT. ANAKATA ISLAND - VOLCANUS RESTAURANT

Felina walks up to the front of a Volcanus-themed restaurant sitting right on the beach. It's fairly upscale and has a tiki and fire monster theme. A cardboard cutout of Volcanus himself stands by the door. Felina frowns at it, gets a brief flash of one of the rock monsters, and contemplates punching the thing, before deciding not to vandalize the restaurant's property.

INT. VOLCANUS RESTAURANT

Entering, Felina walks up to the bar. Dress appears to be casual; anything but completely naked, as the servers are all in skimpy swimwear and the customers range from also being dressed for swimming, having come here directly from the beaches, to being fully dressed, including some in tuxedos. A handsome male BARTENDER in a speedo leans against the bar's countertop. He smiles at her as she approaches.

BARTENDER
Hi.

FELINA
(all business)
Hello. May I use your phone?

BARTENDER
Sure thing.

From underneath the counter, he produces an old-fashioned-looking rotary dial phone and plunks it down in front of her, then walks offscreen to speak to some other customers. Felina takes off her sunglasses, setting them aside, as she dials the number. It rings. She becomes a little antsy. Just when she seems to be considering hanging up, a voice comes in over the receiver.

PSYCHIATRIST
(through the phone)
Hello?

FELINA
Yes, hello. My name is Felina Feral.

PSYCHIATRIST
(through the phone)
Ah, yes. Hello, Ms. Feral. I know your uncle quite well. What can I do for you...?

She fidgets a little.

PSYCHIATRIST
(through the phone)
Hello...?

FELINA
I'm here. I'd like to make an appointment...

THE END

A bit of an abrupt ending I guess, but, eh, I'm not going to write an entire therapy session. XD
0 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Return to “Fanfics”