Bad Vibrations

SWAT Kats related fan fiction can be posted here.
MoDaD
Janitor
Flag: United States of America

Re: Bad Vibrations

Postby MoDaD » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:13 am

Kooshmeister wrote:I confess several bits are heavily influenced by Jurassic World (particularly the "hiding under a vehicle" bit), but I've made sure that most of them, at least, have different outcomes.

That was a really harrowing scene and a nice build up of suspense with the creatures seen on the monitors unbeknownst to their pending victims. Now my curiosity is piqued as to why the creatures abruptly relented. Louis got a decent amount of backstory, and even though he kind of had that red shirt painted on him early on that was still an awful way to go :lol:

Admittedly I'm not used to reading things in a script / screenplay format, so it's a little bit more of a challenge for me to follow along, but I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes...and it looks like there's still another portion I've yet to read :D
0 x
SKLogoIcon Your Most Complete Source For All Things SWAT Kats Since 1999
The MEGA SWAT Kast | Discord | @TheSWATKats | YouTube Channel | The SWAT Kats Encyclopedia | Fandom Awards | Avatar by Kanogetz | @_MoDaD_
My schedule's been VERY inundated as of late. If I don't reply to you in a timely fashion please accept my apologies in advance. Thank you for your understanding!

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:16 pm

I just often find screenplay format easier to write in, and I tend to prefer writing in a manner suggestive of the story being easily adapted into an animated form.
0 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:47 pm

EXT. ROAD

The Geological Society Jeep takes the dangerous curves of the unpaved road with blinding speed, Enita gripping the wheel and driving as fast as the terrain will allow. As she rounds a bend, she sees a huge tree blocking the road. She gasps and slams on the brakes, having no time to slow down. The Jeep fishtails in the dirt and finally grinds to a crunchy halt a few inches from the felled tree. Leaving the engine running, Enita gets out to try and see if there is a way around it. There isn't. Annoyed, she walks back to the vehicle and gets on the radio.

ENITA
Control, this is Dr. Ignimbrite. There's a huge tree blocking the road, do you guys see it?

BIG STAN
(through the radio)
Negative, there, Doc, you're between cameras, but we got eyes in the sky comin' your way.

The sleek executive helicopter Miranda arrived in before is in the air, flying above the forest. Miranda's pilot, the severe-looking she-kat wearing mirrored sunglasses, is flying. A SECURITY GUARD is in the back, a laser rifle across his lap. The helicopter appears to be following the road. Down below, she glimpses Enita's stopped Jeep and the tree preventing it from progressing.

PILOT
(into her mic)
I have eyes on Dr. Ignimbrite beneath me. I see the blockage.

The guard taps her shoulder and points ahead at something. Her gaze shifts. She can see the treetops rustling.

PILOT
Be advised, control. We can see something headed her way. Could be one of those things, over. Continuing on towards the construction site.

The helicopter darts forwards. Down below, Enita's radio crackles.

BIG STAN
(through the radio)
Doc! You gotta get goin'! The chopper thinks they they spotted some of those things headin' your way!

ENITA
(into the radio)
But Lieutenant Feral--

Just then, she hears a vehicle engine approaching. She turns. Kudrow's Jeep comes driving up with Felina and Kyle inside. Enita sighs in relief.

ENITA
(into the radio)
Control, you won't believe this, but the Lieutenant just pulled up!

Hanging up, she runs over. Felina stops on the other side of the tree trunk and gets out. She and Enita smile and shake hands over the fallen tree.

ENITA
Good to see you alive, Lieutenant.

FELINA
Good to be alive, Doctor.
(turning serious)
We've got a lot to talk about.

Kyle fidgets in the Jeep. Hearing thunderous footsteps, he turns and sees two of the rock monsters emerge from the forest and lumber into the road. The others turn and see them too.

KYLE
Can we discuss it somewhere safer...?!

FELINA
Come on, help me with the box!

She runs back to the Jeep. Enita watches with some confusion as she and Kyle unload the heavy metal container and lug it over to the tree blocking the road. Felina takes it, biceps bulging a bit as she strains and shoves it over the trunk towards Enita, who accepts it. Kyle clambers over and helps the geologist carry it to the other Jeep.

ENITA
Seismic charges...?

FELINA
I'll explain on the way!
(to Kyle)
You drive!

She hops over the tree. Loading the box into Enita's Jeep, the three of them get inside. Kyle is at the wheel while the two she-kats ride in back with the box. He throws the vehicle into reverse as the monsters approach. One swipe of a gigantic hand sends Kudrow's Jeep flying. Another smashes the felled tree into kindling. Kyle panics momentarily and almost backs into a ditch before putting the Jeep into forward, spinning the wheel and zooming off down the road, back towards headquarters.
1 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:22 am

EXT. ENFORCER HEADQUARTERS - RUNWAY

The Radical Squadron is being scrambled. A trio of jets resembling the Turbokat and with the SWAT Kats color scheme of red and black, except with the Enforcer logo on the wings, are prepped to fly. Wing commander RODRIGEZ sits in the lead jet. He's a burly-looking kat wearing a red and blue flight suit similar to the SWAT Kats', but with the Enforcers' gold "M" logo instead of the SWAT Kat one. His GUNNER is sitting behind him. The gunner is likewise dressed in the SWAT Kat colors/Enforcer logo combo.

RODRIGEZ
(talking into his mic)
All right, right, squadron, listen up, we got ourselves a monster situation over at that new geothermal plant. So fire it up, and remember what T-Bone and Razor taught us!

The jets' engines fire up and one by one they launch from the runway, soaring off into the horizon towards where the plant is.

EXT. FOREST ROAD

The Jeep races along, Kyle gripping the wheel and taking the sharp turns with as much care as he can. In the back, Felina and Enita discuss the situation. Felina has just finished explaining everything that's happened and everything that she's deduced.

ENITA
I see. Rock monsters from beneath the earth.

She sighs and runs her fingers through her hair.

FELINA
I was hoping you could tell us where they might've come from. I mean, I have a basic idea...

ENITA
...that enormous fissure in the cave.

FELINA
Exactly! But why now?

ENITA
It probably has something to do with the drills.
(nods)
Yes. Us drilling the geothermal power shafts must be what brought them up to the surface.
(shakes her head)
That means we're going to have to abandon the entire project and drill somewhere else...

FELINA
(chuckles darkly)|
Something tells me that your Dr. Piedra isn't going to like that one bit.

ENITA
But we can't just pull up stakes without destroying those things first!

Felina gives the box of seismic charges an affectionate pat.

FELINA
Fortunately, we have a way of defeating them. They're sensitive to sounds. Especially the siesmic charges these babies let loose.

The radio crackles. Leaning forward over the seat, Enita grabs it.

ENITA
(into the radio)
Ignimbrite here, what's going on, Stan?

BIG STAN
(through the radio)
The Enforcers have dispatched a squadron of jets. But I'm not sure if they're gonna get here on time...

INT. POWER PLANT - CONTROL ROOM

Stan frowns, watching two of the rock monsters stomping through the forest along the road, towards the power plant. A scowling Miranda and a quivering Lickboot watch over his shoulder.

BIG STAN
(into the radio)
...at least two of those ugly suckers are headin' straight for us. I ordered the other substations evacuated - with Dr. Piedra's permission - and I think they're followin' the food.

EXT. FOREST ROAD

Felina and Enita look at one another.

ENITA
(into the radio)
Roger that, Stan, over and out.

She hangs up the receiver and looks at Felina.

FELINA
They're big and slow. It'll take them a little while to reach the plant. That may not give me uncle's forces time to get here but it'll give us time to prepare a defense. You ought to radio that helicopter and tell them to return.

Enita is about to do just that, when the Jeep starts slowing down. Ahead, through the windshield, a big boulder blocks the road. Kyle frowns and is taking his foot off of the accelerator.

ENITA
That wasn't here when I came through bef--
(realizing suddenly)
Don't slow down, speed up, go around it! Go, go, goooo!

Even as she's screaming this, the "boulder" cracks apart and begins unfurling into a rock monster. Kyle yelps and jams his foot down, spinning the wheel, swerving the Jeep around the transforming creature, going off of the road and nearly overturning the vehicle as it tilts too far to the right and the wheels on the left side leave the ground, but then Kyle turns back onto the road and the wheels come back down, preventing a turnover. The Jeep rockets past it as it finishes its transformation and one of its enormous clawed hands swipes at the passing vehicle, ripping off the canvas top, leaving nothing between the three occupants and their attacker but the "ribs" that held the canvas up. The monster turns and begins chasing them. Felina opens the box containing the seismic charges, the wind created by the loss of the canvas whipping her hair around. She throws a charge at the monster and it lands at its feet. She turns the knob on the detonator, causing the countdown to begin, then turns and begins slapping Enita's shoulder franatically without looking, thinking she's Kyle, so fixated is she on the advancing beast.

FELINA
(screaming)
Drive faster! Go no!

Turning, Enita leans over the seat again and grabs Kyle's knee, forcing his foot down as hard on the accelerator as it'll go, sending the Jeep rocketing forward at its maximum speed. On the detonator, the dial finishes its circuit. The charge goes off, sending a seismic wave through the ground, which, thanks to the power of ground resonance, shoots up into the body of the startled rock monster, which is literally shaked to pieces. In the Jeep, Felina thrusts her fist into the air.

FELINA
(shouting)
Yeah!

ENITA
Good job!

Looking in his sideview mirror, even Kyle manages a small smile at the victory. The Jeep speeds on.

EXT. SUBSTATION 8

This area is more or less identical to Substation 9, except for the fact there is no huge drill and the complete geothermal shaft is enclosed within a large, low corrugated structure. A series of pipes and tubes lead from the side of it and vanish into the thick foliage of the woods, sending the steam used for power to the main plant building. Panting and lugging his duffel bag, Kudrow walks across the site, looking around for anyone, or for a vehicle he can steal and use, but everything drivable by the staff has been evacuated. He curses and kicks at the dirt, then hurries along and finds the road.

EXT. FOREST ROAD

Kudrow finds his Jeep sitting on its side by the road where it landed after one of the rock monsters knocked it aside. There's no sign of the monsters themselves, although the path they took through the woods, trees uprooted and knocked aside, is plain to see. Adjusting the bag's shoulder strap, Kudrow goes and investigates the the Jeep. Despite being dented up pretty badly, it seems drivable and the keys are still in the ignition, and he looks back the way he came, trying to come to a decision. He tries and fails to push the Jeep back over onto its wheels, grunting and panting uselessly. It rocks a bit but won't budge otherwise.

KUDROW
(muttering)
This just isn't fair.

Suddenly, he hears the sound of rotor blades, and Miranda's helicopter appears over the treetops. Grinning, Kudrow waves to them, jumping up and down to get their attention. In the copter, the guard riding in the backseat notices the figure waving down on the ground and taps the pilot's shoulder.

GUARD
Looks like we got a survivor!

Glancing over to her left, she notices Kudrow, too, and nods.

PILOT
I see him. Flying in to pick him up now.

The guard waves back to Kudrow and points, indicating that he return to Substation 8, where they can land.

EXT. SUBSTATION 8

The copter circles around and lowers down, the blades kicking up enormous amounts of dust as the wheeled landing gear descends from the undercarriage. It finally settles onto the ground. The side door opens and the security guard gets out. Grinning, Kudrow walks over to meet him with his hand extended, looking perfectly friendly.
2 x

MoDaD
Janitor

Postby MoDaD » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:57 pm

Kooshmeister wrote:FELINA
I was hoping you could tell us where they might've come from. I mean, I have a basic idea...

ENITA
...that enormous fissure in the cave.

FELINA
Exactly! But why now?

ENITA
It probably has something to do with the drills.
(nods)
Yes. Us drilling the geothermal power shafts must be what brought them up to the surface.
(shakes her head)
That means we're going to have to abandon the entire project and drill somewhere else...

FELINA
(chuckles darkly)|
Something tells me that your Dr. Piedra isn't going to like that one bit.

Very to the point. Normally a scene like this gets drawn out in some kind of ominous lab setting where a 50s scientist stereotype looks under a microscope and scratches his chin pensively.

Also, Ignimbrite, I just noticed that. Appropriate pun name for this :lol:
FELINA
They're big and slow. It'll take them a little while to reach the plant. That may not give me uncle's forces time to get here but it'll give us time to prepare a defense. You ought to radio that helicopter and tell them to return.

Very pragmatic and quick thinking. This also leads into an exciting action sequence.

My familiarity with this new squadron of SWAT Kats (if that's what they are) is admittedly lacking. Were they referenced in a prior story of yours? I've been mixing up various backstories from different authors lately so I apologize in advance for not knowing that off-hand.
0 x
SKLogoIcon Your Most Complete Source For All Things SWAT Kats Since 1999
The MEGA SWAT Kast | Discord | @TheSWATKats | YouTube Channel | The SWAT Kats Encyclopedia | Fandom Awards | Avatar by Kanogetz | @_MoDaD_
My schedule's been VERY inundated as of late. If I don't reply to you in a timely fashion please accept my apologies in advance. Thank you for your understanding!

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:11 pm

MoDaD wrote:Very to the point. Normally a scene like this gets drawn out in some kind of ominous lab setting where a 50s scientist stereotype looks under a microscope and scratches his chin pensively.

And that's how I might've done it, too, since I like scenes where characters talk and interact, but I also didn't want this script to grow into the unwieldy beast The End of the SWAT Kats! did. So I got this discussion about the monsters' origins out of the way the same way the movie Phantoms did: by having someone explain it during a scene in a speeding car (there, it was Peter O'Toole aying it all out for Clifton Powell).

MoDaD wrote:Also, Ignimbrite, I just noticed that. Appropriate pun name for this :lol:

Thanks! Miranda's surname follows this theme, as well; "Piedra" being Spanish for "stone."

MoDaD wrote:My familiarity with this new squadron of SWAT Kats (if that's what they are) is admittedly lacking. Were they referenced in a prior story of yours? I've been mixing up various backstories from different authors lately so I apologize in advance for not knowing that off-hand.

Technically, they don't exist yet. But they're basically what's being built up to in the ending to The End of the SWAT Kats! (where Enita and the Geological Society appeared as well), which is, finally winding down to an end. This story is set after that one. Other than the naming the wing commander, I haven't really worked out any of the new Enforcer-backed Radical Squadron members so I'm keeping them a vague presence in this script.
0 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:36 am

Just to prove I'm still working on this sucker:

EXT. THE SKIES OVER THE WILDERNESS

The jets are racing towards the power plant in a tight battle formation, Rodrigez's jet in the lead.

EXT. SUBSTATION 8

The pilot and security guard stand back, angry and bewildered, as Miranda's helicopter lifts off - without them! As the landing gear retracts and the helicopter whips around, we can see Kudrow sitting in the pilot's seat, grinning. He lifts up into the air and the copter turns and flies off, away from the power plant. Turning, the pilot and guard look at one another hopelessly, then rush off.

EXT. FOREST ROAD

The pilot and guard hurry along the road until they find Kudrow's Jeep sitting on its side. Working together, they're able to push it back onto its wheels, something Kudrow himself couldn't do on his own. They hop in. The pilot, in the driver's seat, starts the vehicle up and drives forward, over the smashed remains of the tree that originally blocked the road.

EXT. POWER PLANT

The Geological Society Jeep comes driving into the parking lot. Kyle screeches to a halt. Felina and Enita get out and are greeted by Miranda and Lickboot who emerge from the employees-only second story side door of the building and come down the stairs. Big Stan and a few technicians including Munro also appear, looking glad to see them. They stop halfway down the stairs, standing more or less single file. Kyle remains in the idling Jeep.

MIRANDA
(genuinely surprised)
You made it!
(to Felina, a little apologetically)
I've called for more Enforcers...

FELINA
They may not get here in time. A whole bunch of those things are heading this way. We need to be ready for them.

BIG STAN
(worried)
What can we do about them?

Enita steps forward.

ENITA
Lieutenant Feral and I have a few ideas.

Turning, she looks down the road towards the main gate at all of the protestors.

ENITA
For starters, we need to get them out of here! Stan, you take care of it!

Stan nods. Blue collar working schmoe that he is, it seems obvious the mostly working class protestors, particularly those from the nuclear power plant, will listen to him. Waving a couple of security guards over, he heads towards the gate. Felina then turns and looks at the two huge transmission towards at the other end of the building.

FELINA
Something happened back in the valley with the transmission tower there, and I think I know of a way we can destroy these things. But we've got to work fast.

Miranda looks doubtful, visions of more multi-million dollar equipment being damaged or destroyed dancing through her head. Suddenly, from the Jeep, Kyle gives a shrill cry. In the sideview mirror he sees a couple of the rock monsters approaching. Before he can drive away, one of the monsters - there are two - grabs the Jeep and lifts it up. He falls out the door and hits the pavement, dazed, but gets up unharmed and runs away as the monster angrily throws the vehicle against the side of the building.

FELINA
We should get inside!

She, Enita and Kyle bolt for the main entrance and head inside as a couple of guards shoot at the creatures to no avail. Miranda and Lickboot run for the stairs. On the stairs, the technicians scramble over one another to get up to the top. Ignoring the laser blasts from the guards' guns, the nearest of the monster swipes at the fleeing kats, wrenching the staircase loose from the side of the building. Miranda and Munro fall to the ground while Lickboot is left dangling in the air hanging onto a twisted apart hand rail. A couple of technicians hoist him up, and they scramble up and slam the door, while Munro leaps to his feet and runs off, abandoning Miranda, who kicks off her high heels and growls angrily, getting to her feet, and running barefoot across the parking lot as a gigantic swipe from the monster's arm sends the security guards flying away through the air.

EXT. MAIN GATE

The protestors are proving difficult to disperse - that is, of course, until, they see the rock monsters. Signs are dropped and everyone on their side of the fence turns and runs away, including the guards, who do not open the gate for Big Stan and the guards he brought with him. The three turn and gasp watching the second rock monster approaching. Fortunately, as manager, Stan has an emergency override, and, as the guards fire at the creature, he uses it to get the gate open, charging through as fast as his bulk will allow and jogging for his life down the road after the fleeing crowd, quickly joined by the remaining guards when it becomes clear that their laser blasts aren't harming the creature.
1 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Sat May 14, 2016 8:58 am

Note to self: no more fan scripts until this one is finished. A tall order, though, knowing me. :lol:
0 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Mon May 16, 2016 11:00 pm

EXT. POWER PLANT

Felina and Enita emerge from a rooftop stairwell and hurry across the top of the building towards the transmission towers. Felina has a coiled up length of rope with a grapple at one end slung over one shoulder, as does Enita.

ENITA
I hope this works!

FELINA
If we can rewire the dishes like I hope we can, it should.
(smirks)
I just hope everyone got the message to cover their ears.

Rushing to the edge of the roof, she unslings the rope and begins swinging the grapple around, flinging over towards the transmission tower on the left. Enita follows her example, although she misses her first try. The grappling hook falls down to the asphalt below with a loud clang and the rope slips. The geologist gasps, almost losing it, but she manages to regain it and haul it back up. She gets it anchored on the second try. Using the ropes, the two swing over onto the towers and climb to the tops of them. They've both got little tool kits attached to their belts, from which they remove various little doo-dads used in repairing and rewiring electronic devices. Enita hollers out.

ENITA
This box here!

She uses a small screwdriver to tap a box on one of the struts. Felina nods. She watches as the geologist takes out a set of keys like the ones Kyle had and unlocks her box, revealing a lot of complicated-looking wiring and micro-circuitry. Turning, she tosses the keys across to Felina, who fumbles. They slip through her fingers and fall down to the asphalt parking lot below with a distant little "tink."

FELINA
(angry)
Crud!

ENITA
Sorry...!

FELINA
No, it was my fault!

ENITA
I'll go get--

FELINA
(glancing over)
No! I'll do it! You get to work!

Nodding, Enita begins futzing with the inner workings of her box, as Felina starts climbing down. Suddenly she notices Munro, who is hiding among the parked cars. She seems to wrestle with whether or not to potentially endanger him by asking for his assistance. He looks up, sees her.

FELINA
Hey! Toss me those keys!

Nodding, he crawls out on his hands and knees towards them. Grabbing them, he stands up, grinning.

MUNRO
Got 'em!

One of the rock monsters lumbers over and Felina gasps.

FELINA
Look out...! Don't move!

MUNRO
What....?!

FELINA
They sense our presence by sound! The impact of footfalls on the ground!

Munro freezes. He sweats. The monster ambles closer and closer, and walks past him harmlessly. He sighs in relief, and is about to turn and throw the keys to Felina when suddenly the creature brushes against a parked car, setting off the burglar alarm. The car makes an enormous racket, attracting the rock monster's attention suddenly. Munro pauses to watch the behemoth's reaction with sudden, distracted interest.

EXT. MAIN GATE

The rock monsters who were in the midst of leaving the property hear the whooping car alarm, pause, and turn back.

EXT. POWER PLANT

As the other rock monsters approach, albeit with a lazy interest, the one who'd set off the alarm swings its fist down, crumpling the back end of the car. Munro gasps and steps back a bit. The alarm continues wailing. With one swipe of its hand the beast sends the car flying, right towards Munro. The technician screams, turns to flee, only to encounter the wall of the plant exterior blocking his path. Before he has an opportunity to choose a different direction, the airborne car collides with him. It embeds into the wall, whereupon the screaming burglar alarm finally fizzles out in a pathetic little mewl and dies. And unfortunately so does Munro. Watching from her perch above, Felina winces in empathetic agony, squeezing her eyes shut and resting her head against the metal strut she's clinging to. Looking over, Enita cries out at the sudden, violent death of her co-worker.

ENITA
(horrified)
Munro, no!

Someone else witnesses the technician's death. Miranda peeks out from behind a construction crane that sits parked at the other end of the property. She frowns, opens the door of the cab, and gets in. Back over at the towers, Felina and Enita grimly resume their work as the other monsters slowly approach. Enita attacks her box with a new vigor and determination, gritting her teeth angrily. Felina climbs back up to hers. She jams her screwdriver into the box and grunts, using it in an effort to break the lock and just pry the little door off. She grips the handle tightly, grunting and sweating. Finally she manages to bend it with an almost primal holler, flinging little broken bits of the now useless lock every which way.

Calming down so her hands won't tremble for the delicate work ahead, she starts taking apart and rewiring the sensitive machinery contained within. Hearing something behind her, she turns and sees the monster which killed Munro is mere inches away from her. She freezes, wide-eyed, feeling exposed and vulnerable this high up and with nothing securing her to the tower.

Enita looks over and gasps.

ENITA
F-Felina...!

FELINA
(terrified but calm)
Keep working... just get your job done...! If s-something happens to me, it's all up to you...
(hissing to herself)
Crud, I can't work with it so close... if he kills me while I'm on the tower, he'll damage it! If I get killed, it's got to be somewhere else so she can rewire this tower!

She looks down at the ground, then at the monster. She looks down again. She leaps down, falling through the air. She lands hard on all fours, crying out in pain at the impact, which hurts but doesn't injure her. Wincing, she rises, whirling 'round. As she'd hoped, the monster is now ignoring the tower she'd been clinging to and is turning towards the sound of her landing on the asphalt. Turning, Felina begins running across the parking lot, her destination being the overturned Geological Society Jeep which she and Enita arrived in earlier. The box containing the seismic charges is still in it. Suddenly, however, one of the monsters from the gate lumbers over, stepping between the Jeep and her, effectively trapping her between it and the monster that killed Munro.

FELINA
(sighing)
Well, I've got my work cut out for me...

As she stands there, panting, trying to figure out a course of action, she is stunned when suddenly an enormous, heavy hook on the end of an industrial-strength cable comes swinging in behind the monster preventing her from reaching the Jeep. It collides with the back of the beast's head, knocking it forwards. It stumbles and falls, causing such an enormous and powerful impact that Felina wobbles and falls onto her butt. Hearing a revving engine, she looks over and sees the construction crane driving over, Miranda in the driver's cab, grunting and working the controls uncertainly, but managing.

MIRANDA
(yelling)
Do... whatever it is you're trying to do, Lieutenant! I'll hold these big suckers off!

Felina nods dumbly, surprised, and runs past the dazed creature, skidding to a halt by the Jeep. She takes out the timer, checking it. It seems to still be working. Nodding, she opens the box, causing the individual charges to spill out all over the pavement. She grumbles and starts grabbing armloads of them. Nearby, Miranda turns her attention to the monster that killed Munro, and works the levers, causing the crane to swing around, the hook at the end of the cable slamming into the beast's hideous face, knocking it sideways with a roar of pain. It lands on and flattens several parked cars.
2 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:34 am

Enita continues working feverishly at rewiring the innards of the box, then finishes, grinning triumphantly and panting. She glances over, watching the nearest rock monster fighting the excavator. Closing the box, she scurries down from the transmission tower as Felina runs towards the monster.

ENITA
Felina!

FELINA
(yelling)
Get inside and get ready to hit the switch when I tell you!

Nodding, Felina hurries around to the front entrance of the building. Meanwhile Miranda has her hands full. The monster, recovering from being smacked with the excavator's shovel, grabs the jointed metal arm and twists, bending it, causing the entire machine to turn onto its side, with Miranda still in the driver's cab. She grunts and struggles to right herself. Felina suddenly leaps up onto the back wheel of the overturned construction vehicle, holding a seismic charge in one hand.

FELINA
(calling out)
Hey, ugly!

The monster, growling, looks down at her.

FELINA
Open wide!

As if on cue, the monster opens its mouth to roar at her, whereupon she throws the charge in. It swallows on reflex. Grinning, Felina activates the timer. It begins rotating around rapidly. In the cab, Miranda pushes the door open and starts to get out.

FELINA
(warning)
I wouldn't get out if I were you.

Miranda, realizing, hurriedly shuts the door, as Felina jumps down off of the excavator and hides behind it. The timer finishes and the rock monster's expression changes to one of surprise, then sudden pain as a shockwave courses through its body, ripping it apart from the inside, shattering it into pieces which fly in all directions, spewing bluish ichor all over. Some of it splatters on the windshield of the excavator cab, making Miranda grimace. After checking to ensure Miranda is okay, Felina comes out from behind the excavator. Throwing a look at the other monsters lumbering towards them from the gate, she rushes over and climbs back up onto the transmission tower.

INT. POWER PLANT - CENTRAL CONTROL

Kyle, Lickboot and various technicians and employees linger worriedly as Enita runs inside, panting. She sits at Stan's console and begins pushing buttons. On the security monitors we can see: Felina climbing the tower (monitor one), Miranda in the overturned excavator (monitor two) and the approaching monsters (monitor three).

LICKBOOT
What are you doing...?

ENITA
I'm about to send a big message to those guys...

A technician glances up from a nearby console.

TECHNICIAN
I've got incoming Enforcer aircraft. ETA--

ENITA
(cutting him off)
Not soon enough, I fear. Come on, Felina...

EXT. POWER PLANT

Felina is back up on the second tower. The monsters lumber closer and closer. They walk past the excavator, leaving Miranda alone, drawn towards the Enforcer lieutenant by the vibrations being sent into the ground through the metal support struts of the tower. Unlocking the box, Felina takes out her little tool kit and hurriedly begins snipping wires, crossing them, switching microchips around, etc. The monsters are mere feet away, now, close enough that she could reach out and touch them. She finishes.

FELINA
Got it!

Turning, she sees the closest monster and gasps! She clambers down, not bothering to shut and relock the box, and then runs between the towers. She stops and starts jumping up and down.

FELINA
Come and get me, you ugly jerks!

She turns and runs. The monsters roar and stomp after her, moving between the towers. Stopping and turning, Felina waves to a camera on the side of the building.

FELINA
Now! Now! Do it now!

Enita sees Felina waving on the screen.

ENITA
(to herself)
That must be the signal!
(to Lickboot)
Cross your fingers...

Lickboot gulps nervously, as Enita flicks a switch and then jams her thumb down on a button.

EXT. POWER PLANT

The dishes on the towers turn inward, facing one another. At first nothing happens. The monsters pause, the whirring noise of the dishes swiveling 'round having caught their attention briefly. Suddenly a high-pitched noise issues forth. The monsters below in pain and grab at their heads. Felina cries out in agony and falls to her knees, covering her ears. All throughout the parking lot, the windshields and lights of cars begin shattering. Their alarms go off. The glass in the driver's cab of the excavator also shatters. Miranda yells, gritting her teeth as she covers her ears, too. The noise becomes shriller and shriller, reaching ear-piercing levels, and then, finally, the monsters crack and shatter into pieces, falling into lifeless piles of rock.

Everyone watches on the monitors and cheers.

EXT. POWER PLANT

Felina stands and risks losing her hearing in one ear to take her hand off of it to wave at the camera.

FELINA
(in pain)
Aahhh! Turn it off, you can turn it off, now!

Enita smiles and flips the switches back into their normal positions.

EXT. POWER PLANT

The noise winds down and stops, the two dishes swiveling around to face opposite directions once again. Felina sighs with relief. Standing up, she shakes her head, her ears still ringing. Walking around, she encounters Lickboot coming out of the front entrance to go and assist Miranda in getting out of the excavator.

MIRANDA
(dismissive)
I can do it myself.

She manages to hoist herself free, but does allow him to help her get down from the side of the overturned vehicle.

LICKBOOT
(almost swooning)
Miranda, you were amazing...

MIRANDA
(confused)
Huh?

She cups one hand over an ear to indicate she can't really hear him.

LICKBOOT
(louder)
I said, you were amazing!

MIRANDA
(a little smug)
I was, wasn't I?
(smirks as Felina goes by)
You were pretty impressive, too, Lieutenant...

She talks loudly so Felina can hear her.

FELINA
No need to shout, Dr. Piedra, my hearing is returning now.
(smiles)
And thank you.

She goes inside. Hearing a vehicle engine, Miranda and Lickboot turn and watch as the helicopter pilot and security guard drive up in Kudrow's battered up Jeep.

MIRANDA
Where have you been?
(frowns)
And where's my chopper?
2 x

Return to “Fanfics”