Writing Challenge - UNRESOLVED

SWAT Kats related fan fiction can be posted here.
Jiesi
Long-Term Resident
Flag: United States of America

Re: Writing Challenge - UNRESOLVED

Postby Jiesi » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:45 am

So.... The ending, can that be unresolved? As long as we come up with a story line that answers a burning question? Can't really think of how to save the day. Yeah they will need a mirricule
1 x
Will work for bubble tea...despite needing money... crazymadkat

Ty-Chou
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Ty-Chou » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:18 pm

A little late at putting in my two cents for writing programs, but here it is: Google docs, as I understand, is a great program if you're wanting to access your document from several different devices so you can go from your laptop to your phone easily.

I use Open Office because I always write from one device. (I prefer to sit in my quiet office and write.) Mark, you can save Open Office files as doc files. That's usually what I do.

I hope people who submit also include why they picked their topic and thoughts on the topic. I would really be interested in reading that. And also just seeing all the different ideas people have come up with.
4 x

Riverbend
Just Moved In

Postby Riverbend » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:02 pm

I personally use Open Office. I can easily fix it so it can be read in different formats.

On subject matter, I'm thinking stuff about Greenbox or possibly stuff about my default fave Turmoil. I'd have to rewatch all the episodes to get a better idea really.

::Goes back to hiding in her third shift working corner::
2 x
I looked into your eyes and saw..... A world that does not exist..... I looked into your eyes and saw..... A World I wish I was in...

EricoBard
Long-Term Resident

Postby EricoBard » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:26 pm

Staking my claim.

Going to write about Professor Hackle.

Lot of untapped potential there.

-Erico
3 x

Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Felony » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:40 pm

EricoBard wrote:Staking my claim.

Going to write about Professor Hackle.

Lot of untapped potential there.

-Erico

Just don't be too disappointed if someone else writes about Hackle or heavily uses him in their entry.
3 x
^www^ <-- This is my happy evil megalomaniac face.
Class A Felony
DarkKatFury

Riverbend
Just Moved In

Postby Riverbend » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:03 pm

hardest part of me doing this writing challenge is actually doing the writing. I've been second and third guessing my writing here alot lately. Same with my art. We'll see how it goes I guess.

I'm gonna go outside of my normal Turmoil attempts of fan fiction and go with Greenbox instead. And if someone else writes about him, that's cool too. The guy's got alot of un used potential.
3 x
I looked into your eyes and saw..... A world that does not exist..... I looked into your eyes and saw..... A World I wish I was in...

Jiesi
Long-Term Resident

Postby Jiesi » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:19 pm

I don't think it would really matter if someone writes the same thing it's still gonna be different. Even when I was taking a live model class everyone's working was different and interesting to see. The best was when my friend and I at the time took our1st session in high school with the nude model. 1st time we ever saw "one" and she was running late so I set her up before the full length pose was decided and started on. Even tho she was right next to me the angel that I put her in she got full view and didn't quite know how to draw IT so when she did it looked completely wrong. The teacher was freaking out cuz her parents are traditional and was like NO THEY SEE THIS AND THEYLL ASK WHAT ARE THEY DOING IN THAT CLASS! ViperLaughCait
1 x

MoDaD
Janitor

Postby MoDaD » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:37 pm

Jiesi wrote:So.... The ending, can that be unresolved? As long as we come up with a story line that answers a burning question? Can't really think of how to save the day. Yeah they will need a mirricule

It's up to you, as long as there's some kind of thematic unresolved issue/item/whatever from the show that's incorporated.

SVMON94 wrote:Is resolving a character's backstory an acceptable subject?

Sure! Just make sure it is an actual story (prose narrative) and not just a collection of facts that you'd find in a character bio.

As a reminder, the length requirements are:
...at least 1,200 words, and must be no longer than 8,500 words. Somewhere between 4 and 19 pages.

Good luck and happy writing!
2 x
SKLogoIcon Your Most Complete Source For All Things SWAT Kats Since 1999
The MEGA SWAT Kast | @TheSWATKats | YouTube Channel | The SWAT Kats Encyclopedia | Fandom Awards | Avatar by Kanogetz | @_MoDaD_
My schedule's been VERY inundated as of late. If I don't reply to you in a timely fashion please accept my apologies in advance. Thank you for your understanding!

MoDaD
Janitor

Postby MoDaD » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:30 pm

Still sorting this out, but nothing that should get in the way of reading.

Received two submissions so far, one from newcomer rich-online and another from our very own Jiesi.

The Gear of the Kat by rich-online
A mysterious intruder steals the Turbokat, interrupting movie night for the SWAT Kats.

The Story of Hard Drive's MO by Jiesi Ma
Hard Drive's latest Puma-Dyne theft causes him to cross paths with Dr. Eileen Meowgins, his former girlfriend, and he becomes embittered by recollections of his past.

Entrants' index here - updated as more submissions are...submitted Madkatlaughing
2 x
SKLogoIcon Your Most Complete Source For All Things SWAT Kats Since 1999
The MEGA SWAT Kast | @TheSWATKats | YouTube Channel | The SWAT Kats Encyclopedia | Fandom Awards | Avatar by Kanogetz | @_MoDaD_
My schedule's been VERY inundated as of late. If I don't reply to you in a timely fashion please accept my apologies in advance. Thank you for your understanding!

Jiesi
Long-Term Resident

Postby Jiesi » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:40 am

Yay we got a new commer. RazorHappyCait

It's been so long that I wrote something and had it on line. Feels weird. It's like visiting your elementary school. But it was fun and there's more ideas I have in mind
2 x

Return to “Fanfics”