Writing Challenge - UNRESOLVED

SWAT Kats related fan fiction can be posted here.

Choose Your 3 Stories

Poll runs till Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:56 am

The Gear of the Kat by rich-online
6%
The Story of Hard Drive's MO by Jiesi Ma
3%
A Prophecy Reclaimed by Lady Stormcrow
21%
SWAT KATS: CLOSING REPORT by Eric “Erico” Lawson
12%
Helter Shelter by Mikazo
No votes
An Ally On the Outside by Katney
12%
An Elusive Adversary by Poecat
3%
Chronological Redistribution by NeeKnight
9%
Mantra by Ty-Chou
18%
Expecting Better by Agracite
6%
The Return of The Scorpions by Serge Bahdasaryan
3%
Mile Ten, Let's Do it Again! by swatkatfan21
No votes
Complicated by AkaneKitty
9%

Total votes: 34

Agracite
Resident
Flag: United States of America

Re: Writing Challenge - UNRESOLVED

Postby Agracite » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:35 am

Ty-Chou wrote:Paws up, who besides Akane Kitty and myself are feeling the crunch of that looming deadline? Anyone else still hoping to get an entry finished in time for the contest?

I am... doesn’t help that there are reviews of the submitted entries. As a novice in fan fiction, I feel very intimidated. Also I worry that the things said by highly praised authors will influence how people will vote.
5 x
"My momma musta put agracite in my cereal when I was a kitten."

https://agraciteinmycereal.tumblr.com/

MoDaD
Janitor

Postby MoDaD » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:19 pm

Agracite wrote:As a novice in fan fiction, I feel very intimidated. Also I worry that the things said by highly praised authors will influence how people will vote.

That is a good point. This whole thing is sort of an experiment/learning experience, so we'll take what lessons we learn from this and carry them into the future.
3 x
SKLogoIcon Your Most Complete Source For All Things SWAT Kats Since 1999
The MEGA SWAT Kast | Discord | @TheSWATKats | YouTube Channel | The SWAT Kats Encyclopedia | Fandom Awards | Avatar by Kanogetz | @_MoDaD_
My schedule's been VERY inundated as of late. If I don't reply to you in a timely fashion please accept my apologies in advance. Thank you for your understanding!

Ty-Chou
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Ty-Chou » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:00 pm

Good luck everyone trying to finish! You can do it! You got this! SKFistIcon

I am mere words away from being done with mine. I just gotta figure out how to end this. Then I need to go back and edit/look for typos.

Agracite, it is very intimidating posting new stories, especially for a contest. Don't worry about the contest part, just think about the story. Make it something you love and the rest will be okay. We all love Swat Kats. We are going to enjoy reading it. Best of luck!
5 x

Jiesi
Long-Term Resident

Postby Jiesi » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:08 am

Agracite wrote:
Ty-Chou wrote:Paws up, who besides Akane Kitty and myself are feeling the crunch of that looming deadline? Anyone else still hoping to get an entry finished in time for the contest?

I am... doesn’t help that there are reviews of the submitted entries. As a novice in fan fiction, I feel very intimidated. Also I worry that the things said by highly praised authors will influence how people will vote.

No don't feel intimidated. Reading and writing has always been a struggle for me but that's not a reason to hold someone back if you have ideas that wants to get out. I often ask myself if I'm getting the point across or not or if spell check fixed the word I'm trying to spell or if it just looks like what I'm trying to spell. As well as trying to focus on not typing things correctly. Hell MoDaD even thought English was my second language and it probably should be lol. But the point is I had fun putting my ideas out there and if someone doesn't want to or can't put time into reading it I'm fine with it cuz I understand.
It is frustrating though when someone's is trying to understand my point and I feel like it's clear and we're just talking in circles cuz I'm trying to think of how to rephrase it. And they're still like I don't get it.
4 x
Will work for bubble tea...despite needing money... crazymadkat

NeeKnight
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Great Britain

Postby NeeKnight » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:34 am

Just submitted my entry with just a few hours to go! MKIcon Now I can properly relax, read and review all the other entries so far ^^
4 x

MoDaD
Janitor

Postby MoDaD » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:54 pm

NeeKnight wrote:Just submitted my entry with just a few hours to go! MKIcon Now I can properly relax, read and review all the other entries so far ^^

Received yours and also one for Poecat for this. I probably won't be anywhere near a computer today, so I should have those up around tomorrow morning... probably when that countdown deadline is reached.
3 x
SKLogoIcon Your Most Complete Source For All Things SWAT Kats Since 1999
The MEGA SWAT Kast | Discord | @TheSWATKats | YouTube Channel | The SWAT Kats Encyclopedia | Fandom Awards | Avatar by Kanogetz | @_MoDaD_
My schedule's been VERY inundated as of late. If I don't reply to you in a timely fashion please accept my apologies in advance. Thank you for your understanding!

NeeKnight
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby NeeKnight » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:05 pm

So long as it still counts CoolIcon
1 x

Ty-Chou
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Ty-Chou » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:10 pm

Awesome! Nee and Poe! You made it!

I just sent in mine as well. Whew! Sure cutting it close, but we did it.

AkaneKitty, Agracite, and anyone else still trying to make that deadline, you can do it! I'm pulling for you! SKFistIcon
5 x

AkaneKitty
Fandom Veteran

Postby AkaneKitty » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:13 pm

I’m in the final stage! It won’t be as polished as I want it but it will get done!
3 x

NeeKnight
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby NeeKnight » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:35 pm

Ty-Chou wrote:Awesome! Nee and Poe! You made it!

I just sent in mine as well. Whew! Sure cutting it close, but we did it.

AkaneKitty, Agracite, and anyone else still trying to make that deadline, you can do it! I'm pulling for you! SKFistIcon

Thank you Ty-Chou! I can't wait to read yours!
Pulling for all those still tolling away in the story mine! You can do it! Chip away at the words! RazHoping

AkaneKitty wrote:I’m in the final stage! It won’t be as polished as I want it but it will get done!

Sometimes you have to make the call between "Done" and "Done Enough". I am sure looking forward to reading what you submit!
2 x

Return to “Fanfics”