Writing Challenge - UNRESOLVED

SWAT Kats related fan fiction can be posted here.

Choose Your 3 Stories

Poll runs till Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:56 am

The Gear of the Kat by rich-online
6%
The Story of Hard Drive's MO by Jiesi Ma
3%
A Prophecy Reclaimed by Lady Stormcrow
21%
SWAT KATS: CLOSING REPORT by Eric “Erico” Lawson
12%
Helter Shelter by Mikazo
No votes
An Ally On the Outside by Katney
12%
An Elusive Adversary by Poecat
3%
Chronological Redistribution by NeeKnight
9%
Mantra by Ty-Chou
18%
Expecting Better by Agracite
6%
The Return of The Scorpions by Serge Bahdasaryan
3%
Mile Ten, Let's Do it Again! by swatkatfan21
No votes
Complicated by AkaneKitty
9%

Total votes: 34

Agracite
Resident
Flag: United States of America

Re: Writing Challenge - UNRESOLVED

Postby Agracite » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:06 pm

Ty-Chou wrote:Awesome! Nee and Poe! You made it!

I just sent in mine as well. Whew! Sure cutting it close, but we did it.

AkaneKitty, Agracite, and anyone else still trying to make that deadline, you can do it! I'm pulling for you! SKFistIcon

It isn’t as fleshed out as I want, but I’ve submitted mine. Most likely I will add more and I plan on continuing it in sequels. Thanks to those who gave encouragement.
6 x
"My momma musta put agracite in my cereal when I was a kitten."

https://agraciteinmycereal.tumblr.com/

Poecat
Fandom Veteran

Postby Poecat » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:43 pm

Ty-Chou wrote:Awesome! Nee and Poe! You made it!

I just sent in mine as well. Whew! Sure cutting it close, but we did it.

AkaneKitty, Agracite, and anyone else still trying to make that deadline, you can do it! I'm pulling for you! SKFistIcon

WHOOT! Great to see everyone is sliding in under the wire! SKFistIcon
3 x

AkaneKitty
Fandom Veteran

Postby AkaneKitty » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:24 am

Sent in just under the wire!

My brain hurts...

Like I said, not as polished, but I like it.
3 x

Swatkatfan21
Resident

Postby Swatkatfan21 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:47 am

My story has been sent and while not my best work I'm glad I entered. Good luck everyone! MadkatUpIcon
2 x

MoDaD
Janitor

Postby MoDaD » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:02 pm

Thanks to everyone who entered! Running a little bit behind... should have those entries all posted soon along with our forum poll in place.
2 x
SKLogoIcon Your Most Complete Source For All Things SWAT Kats Since 1999
The MEGA SWAT Kast | Discord | @TheSWATKats | YouTube Channel | The SWAT Kats Encyclopedia | Fandom Awards | Avatar by Kanogetz | @_MoDaD_
My schedule's been VERY inundated as of late. If I don't reply to you in a timely fashion please accept my apologies in advance. Thank you for your understanding!

MoDaD
Janitor

Postby MoDaD » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:06 pm

And, as the deadline was reached, an additional SEVEN Stories were submitted, totaling 13 for this challenge. Visit the Entrants' index here, or select from below, listed in the order received:

--------------------

The Gear of the Kat by rich-online

A mysterious intruder steals the Turbokat, interrupting movie night for the SWAT Kats.

--------------------

The Story of Hard Drive's MO by Jiesi Ma

Hard Drive's latest Puma-Dyne theft causes him to cross paths with Dr. Eileen Meowgins, his former girlfriend, and he becomes embittered by recollections of his past.

--------------------

A Prophecy Reclaimed by Lady Stormcrow

LadyStormcrow wrote:The Council has defeated the Pastmaster and locked him away, but Oriana, the former queen of Megalith City, knows it won't be enough. To keep her granddaughter Callista safe, she calls on the power of an old legend - and a magical sword.

--------------------

SWAT KATS: CLOSING REPORT by Eric “Erico” Lawson

EricoBard wrote:Professor Hackle, The Neural Neutralizer, the Metallikats, and the lack of any punitive action taken by the Enforcers have always been a sticking point in my craw. Closing Report is my attempt to address the aftermath of Metal Urgency, and to provide some much needed closure. What drove Hackle to be the kat that we see him as? What are the factors behind his choices and decisions in life? For that matter, why would his involvement in the birth of the Metallikats go unpunished?

This story, I hope, will help to provide additional light into the experiences of the single old scientist sympathetic to the SWAT Kats, and to the heavy weight behind the decisions that Commander Feral makes in his day to day life as leader of the Enforcers. Between his hard-nosed perspective on dealing with threats and law enforcement, he must face the same choice that every political leader does; To stick to your principles regardless of the price, or to put them aside, no matter how it chafes at you, for the sake of peace and stability. We call this Realpolitik, and there seemed to be no better time to address it than here.

--------------------

Helter Shelter by Mikazo

Mikazo wrote:Chance and Jake catch a documentary that gives some clues as to the origin of their underground hangar. Coincidentally, Dark Kat happens upon the same information.

--------------------

An Ally On the Outside by Katney

Katney wrote:After an accidental call on the communicator the SWAT Kats and Callie recall the circumstances that lead to their alliance.

--------------------

An Elusive Adversary by Poecat

A brief look at Chopshop and his allies.

--------------------

Chronological Redistribution by NeeKnight

NeeKnight wrote:Where does the PastMaster go when he is defeated in 'The PastMaster Always Rings Twice'? While the heros celebrate their victory, another tale unfolds before they had even won. Time Travel stories, what a mix of past, present and future tense. Am I right?

--------------------

Mantra by Ty-Chou

Ty-Chou wrote:I have always been fascinated with the time between when two ex-enforcers standing in a salvage yard decide to build a jet and when they are the Swat Kats we know and love. There is so much I wanted to write about this, but since this is a short story contest, I had to choose merely one facet of a much larger story. I hope you enjoy.

--------------------

Expecting Better by Agracite

Agracite wrote:Memories come to Turmoil of her life during one of her many nights while serving time in Alkatraz prison.

--------------------

The Return of The Scorpions by Serge Bahdasaryan

It has been 2 years since the disappearance of the miners in the tunnels where Megakat Metallurgical Company has been digging agracite…

--------------------

Mile Ten, Let's Do it Again! by swatkatfan21

swatkatsfan21 wrote:What happened to the Enforcer Sargent as he took a smaller role during the show.

--------------------

Complicated by AkaneKitty

AkaneKitty wrote:Over the course of a night, Commander Feral is forced to reflect on his relationships, personal and professional, after a tragic incident. Special thanks to Kooshmeister and Ericobard for letting me bounce this story off of them. Plus the Discord server for letting me post tons of excerpts! I hope you all enjoy.

--------------------

It will probably take me at least a week to catch-up on these, but they're available for everyone to read and give feedback for. I'm going to abuse my authority a little bit and postpone the poll until next Monday to try to help ensure there's enough reading time before people actually start to vote. You are of course welcome to share your thoughts and feedback in this thread in the meantime, though I ask that spoilers be contained in spoiler tags.
9 x
SKLogoIcon Your Most Complete Source For All Things SWAT Kats Since 1999
The MEGA SWAT Kast | Discord | @TheSWATKats | YouTube Channel | The SWAT Kats Encyclopedia | Fandom Awards | Avatar by Kanogetz | @_MoDaD_
My schedule's been VERY inundated as of late. If I don't reply to you in a timely fashion please accept my apologies in advance. Thank you for your understanding!

Swatkatfan21
Resident

Postby Swatkatfan21 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:54 pm

Sorry about the spelling mistakes folks. I was trying to use MS Word on a third rate tablet. RazHurt
1 x

Ty-Chou
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Ty-Chou » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:00 pm

HOLY CRAP, you guys! 13 entries is ridiculously good for a fanfic contest, especially for a fandom as small as we are. This fandom rocks. All of you are amazing!

Thank you for the extra time before voting, MoDad. I, too, will probably need the time to read all the new entrants. So many new stories to read. RazorLoveCait I can't wait to get started.

And thank you for running this contest. This has been a lot of fun. I'm glad it happened and I'm glad it had such a good turn out.

Maybe next time though, we could possibly not have the deadline around the holiday? It is difficult to tell family you have to go because you have important fanfic writing to do. LOL
6 x

Mikazo
Long-Term Resident

Postby Mikazo » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:00 pm

I've had the chance to read through some of them. As far as which one I would vote for, I have to admit I'm torn between quite a few of them. There is some high-quality stuff in here, so making a decision may end up being difficult.
2 x

Ty-Chou
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Ty-Chou » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:28 pm

So, I just noticed in my story there is a random "HERE" floating by itself, written in all caps around the middle of the story.

I did not put that in there. I checked my original file and it's not there. If that could be removed from the fic when you have the time, that would be great. Thank you!
1 x

Return to “Fanfics”