Writing Challenge - UNRESOLVED

SWAT Kats related fan fiction can be posted here.
Poecat
Fandom Veteran
Flag: United States of America

Re: Writing Challenge - UNRESOLVED

Postby Poecat » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:11 am

I think it is inevitable. I feel it might put a crimp on the challenge if we were to call dibs on topics of interests. Two people could have the same topic and yet have very different stories.
3 x

MoDaD
Janitor

Postby MoDaD » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:53 am

EricoBard wrote:Should we declare our topic of interest here so as to avoid copykatting other folks?

That's optional. If a writer wants to post their ideas in this thread in advance, it's up to them.
Poecat wrote:Two people could have the same topic and yet have very different stories.

That's pretty much my reasoning, too.

I feel I should also reiterate... while there are prizes, I think that it's important not to lose sight of this event as an opportunity to have fun. That's the primary goal. Any accolades related to this are really secondary TboneLaughCait

And, if you're feeling a little rusty in your writing (or if you missed it), Erico wrote what is essentially a show bible in this thread. It's a great resource to use if your goal is to make things seem more canonical (or maybe even identify some rules you want to deliberately break TboneLaughCait ).
3 x
SKLogoIcon Your Most Complete Source For All Things SWAT Kats Since 1999
The MEGA SWAT Kast | @TheSWATKats | YouTube Channel | The SWAT Kats Encyclopedia | Fandom Awards | Avatar by Kanogetz | @_MoDaD_
My schedule's been VERY inundated as of late. If I don't reply to you in a timely fashion please accept my apologies in advance. Thank you for your understanding!

Katney
Resident

Postby Katney » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:24 pm

MoDaD wrote:
EricoBard wrote:Should we declare our topic of interest here so as to avoid copykatting other folks?

That's optional. If a writer wants to post their ideas in this thread in advance, it's up to them.
Poecat wrote:Two people could have the same topic and yet have very different stories.

That's pretty much my reasoning, too.

Yeah, you can find several different stories and headcanons on the same topic everywhere, so may as well pick a favorite and just run with it. No one way about it so just have fun. I personally haven't written anything in a long time but I might try to participate, soon as I refresh myself on SK lore a bit. ::bookmarks the link:: Learning is fun. ^^
3 x

MoDaD
Janitor

Postby MoDaD » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:26 pm

Kooshmeister wrote:However I don't think I can submit it for this challenge.

That's correct. Much like the college professor who will not accept a paper that was already written for a different class under the grounds of self-plagiarizing (lol wut), for this challenge, entirely new work must be submitted, so no previously written stories. Must be NEW. SinianThisCait
4 x
SKLogoIcon Your Most Complete Source For All Things SWAT Kats Since 1999
The MEGA SWAT Kast | @TheSWATKats | YouTube Channel | The SWAT Kats Encyclopedia | Fandom Awards | Avatar by Kanogetz | @_MoDaD_
My schedule's been VERY inundated as of late. If I don't reply to you in a timely fashion please accept my apologies in advance. Thank you for your understanding!

EricoBard
Long-Term Resident

Postby EricoBard » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:38 pm

You oughta do that one Pastmaster idea you mentioned to me once, Koosh. That seemed promising.
3 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:04 pm

I could give it a whirl, I suppose.
3 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Jiesi
Long-Term Resident

Postby Jiesi » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:46 pm

I wonder if he has a modern day cult. I had an idea for a few oc's but never fallowed threw.
I might not be able to participate this time. Something's wrong with my internet. I thought it was just the box but they said I should schedule someone to come and look at the connection. I don't really want to deal with that so I might just suspend service till I'm up for it.
1 x
Will work for bubble tea...despite needing money... crazymadkat

Jiesi
Long-Term Resident

Postby Jiesi » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:06 pm

So I started with my story. People will probably not like the back story as I portray him differently, still smart just not in the way we really thought him to be. anyway should it be double spaced? Also I took a term that means mixed breed (moggie) and used it as a curse word while pointing out that him as well as the vast majority is mixed breed its still not nice to use. Kinda like how some words use to be bad like bloody or hell and then it got over used or dam.
Also, we don't really know Hard drives real name right? Just want to double check.
0 x

SVMON94
Resident
Flag: Finland

Postby SVMON94 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:59 pm

Is resolving a character's backstory an acceptable subject?
1 x
I ship felina x callie with a burning passion.

Jiesi
Long-Term Resident

Postby Jiesi » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:50 pm

yeah You can use your imagination to answer whatever question you had on someone back story. For some reason just had past master in my head and what he did in his box for 800 years and pictured him singing 99 bottles of milk on the wall.
I -really like this idea of writing maybe I should do it more. Will see.
1 x

Return to “Fanfics”