SWAT Kats/Steven Universe: Defenders United

SWAT Kats related fan fiction can be posted here.
TheMisterFree
Just Moved In
Flag: United States of America

SWAT Kats/Steven Universe: Defenders United

Postby TheMisterFree » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:47 pm

Hello everyone. I figured that since the Crewniverse likely isn't getting around to a crossover anytime soon (between the infinite hiatus and CN trying to turn itself into the All-Teen Titans Go Network), I'd write a SWAT Kats/Steven Universe crossover myself. I'd had the idea rattling around for a while, but it took time to develop a coherent first chapter. I'm planning action, a reference to the Uncle Grandpa crossover (including what the SK characters' reactions to UG were), and even a crossover with Aqua Teen Hunger Force (to explain how an Enforcer chopper showed up- the real explanation being they reused footage and models, like many early Williams Street productions). Link is here: http://archiveofourown.org/works/12479920
0 x

Jacob1290
Raccoon with a pen

Re: SWAT Kats/Steven Universe: Defenders United

Postby Jacob1290 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:09 pm

TheMisterFree wrote:Hello everyone. I figured that since the Crewniverse likely isn't getting around to a crossover anytime soon (between the infinite hiatus and CN trying to turn itself into the All-Teen Titans Go Network), I'd write a SWAT Kats/Steven Universe crossover myself. I'd had the idea rattling around for a while, but it took time to develop a coherent first chapter. I'm planning action, a reference to the Uncle Grandpa crossover (including what the SK characters' reactions to UG were), and even a crossover with Aqua Teen Hunger Force (to explain how an Enforcer chopper showed up- the real explanation being they reused footage and models, like many early Williams Street productions). Link is here: http://archiveofourown.org/works/12479920

It'd interesting to see Rex Shard absorb shards of shattered gems
1 x
If there's a will, There's a way. #LoveWins
I got myself a medal of honor just by sitting in the dark drawing
Website HERE >> http://swatkats.net/ <<
ImageImage

TheMisterFree
Just Moved In

Postby TheMisterFree » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:48 pm

Jacob1290 wrote:
TheMisterFree wrote:Hello everyone. I figured that since the Crewniverse likely isn't getting around to a crossover anytime soon (between the infinite hiatus and CN trying to turn itself into the All-Teen Titans Go Network), I'd write a SWAT Kats/Steven Universe crossover myself. I'd had the idea rattling around for a while, but it took time to develop a coherent first chapter. I'm planning action, a reference to the Uncle Grandpa crossover (including what the SK characters' reactions to UG were), and even a crossover with Aqua Teen Hunger Force (to explain how an Enforcer chopper showed up- the real explanation being they reused footage and models, like many early Williams Street productions). Link is here: http://archiveofourown.org/works/12479920

It'd interesting to see Rex Shard absorb shards of shattered gems

I had him as part of the new Alliance of Evil in an earlier draft, but I discarded him because he just felt forced- and the cast was crowded enough. I did however, have the Gemkat device get stolen and installed aboard Dark Kat's ship, so there's that.
0 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:57 am

It's interesting that (Television's) Lance Falk planned to make Shard a recurring villain, but with a few exceptions, nobody has mined that for fanfic potential, preferring to leave him as a one-off bad guy. Admittedly, Falk's notion of giving him different abilities every time he returned renders his surname effectively meaningless (then you shouldn't have given him such a specific name, then, eh, Lance?), so I'm kinda glad Shard never returned for that reason alone, but I can easily see him returning and obtaining crystal-based powers again. The trick would be ensuring the episode didn't just become a retread of Chaos in Crystal.

Shard, in his crystal form, wouldn't work in an ensemble cast of villains, anyway, simply because I can't see someone with the ability to turn whatever he touches to crystal taking orders from anyone. That didn't stop me from including him in exactly that form alongside Dark Kat, Dr. Viper, the Metallikats and the Pastmaster in my incredibly terrible 90s fanfic Happy Birthday, Dark Kat, but, eh, that was one of my earlier works, and, like I said, it was terrible. So, I think Shard works best by himself as opposed to part of a group.
0 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Return to “Fanfics”