The Doctors of Doom: Fan Script

SWAT Kats related fan fiction can be posted here.
Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
Flag: United States of America

Re: The Doctors of Doom: Fan Script

Postby Kooshmeister » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:03 pm

Thanks, Akane. Boy, there's gonna be a lot to cram into Act III! I feel like Act II is a little bloated as it is, too. RazLaugh
2 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:13 pm

Script's on hiatus for a bit while I work through some depression. Plus, I'm still trying to figure out how to get everything crammed into the final act to my satisfaction. But what do you guys think of it so far?
2 x

marklungo
Fandom Veteran

Postby marklungo » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:57 pm

Kooshmeister wrote:Script's on hiatus for a bit while I work through some depression.

I'm sorry you're going through this, Koosh. Can I help?

Kooshmeister wrote:Plus, I'm still trying to figure out how to get everything crammed into the final act to my satisfaction. But what do you guys think of it so far?

I like it! I especially love the idea of Viper turning himself in to the Enforcers; it could have been contrived, but you make it work by giving him a logical reason to do so. Your story does have a lot more going on than the actual scripts, but that's not necessarily a flaw. Maybe this could be a two-parter?
2 x
"Saturday is usually my morning to sleep in."

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:09 pm

marklungo wrote:I'm sorry you're going through this, Koosh. Can I help?

You already do just by being my friend. RazorHappyCait

marklungo wrote:I like it! I especially love the idea of Viper turning himself in to the Enforcers; it could have been contrived, but you make it work by giving him a logical reason to do so.

Yeah, he's evil, but like he says, if Megakat City gets irradiated, it's worthless to him (which is why it really didn't make much sense for that to be his plan in Glenn Leopold's outline). I suppose he could simply skip town and start over somewhere else, but I guess he figures he just has too much invested in his Megakat City project to abandon it because of some uppity aliens.

marklungo wrote:Your story does have a lot more going on than the actual scripts, but that's not necessarily a flaw.

Perhaps a little too much. I feel I may have overcrowded it with characters. But I'm trying to have everything serve some kind of purpose, such as using Dr. Konway to show the increasingly close working relationship between the Enforcers and the scientific community, similar to what is (IMO) an obviously close partnership between them and Puma-Dyne. My notion is Konway is pushing for an expansion of the biotech department to counter threats like Viper - and, of course, the Ci-Kat-A.

marklungo wrote:Maybe this could be a two-parter?

I hope not! Figuring out how to cram is difficult, but easier than figuring out how to stretch. TboneLaughCait
2 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Sun May 13, 2018 8:32 am

ACT III

EXT. MANX PARK - DAY

The park is bustling with activity on this warm, sunny day. Picnicing families lay on blankets and eat food. Cyclists pedal along the bike paths that wind throughout the park's sparsely-forested landscape. The enormous marble statue of Mayor Manx, we see, has had some graffiti sprayed on its base, but, overall, the park seems to be in generally good condition. It looks very lived-in.

Among the parkgoers are Chance and Jake. They've driven to the park and already have their skates on. They're skating around over near the statue and their mood is generally a little gloomy.

CHANCE
Tough luck about that new guy, what was his name?

JAKE
Taylor.

CHANCE
Yeah, Taylor. As if we needed any more reason to hate those nasty bugs...
(he shudders)
I just wish we knew where they went.

Jake skates in a circle around Chance.

JAKE
Relax, buddy. Street's bound to surface again sometime soon. Whatever he and his bug-eyed crew have planned with that katalyst they took, we'll stop 'em. We just gotta wait for 'em to act. Until then, we can't just rush off trying to look for 'em because we don't have the slightest clue where to begin.
(smiles)
So just enjoy some time off for a change, will ya? Beautiful day, fresh air, lovely scenery...

He trails off, eyeing the Manx statue.

JAKE
...well, mostly.

He chuckles.

MURRAY
(offscreen)
Hey guys!

Jake halts beside Chance and they watch as Burke and Murray come walking up. Both of them are carrying rollerskates. Chance grumbles, but Jake wordlessly urges his friend with a pat on the shoulder to be civil. Burke and Murray put on their rollerskates and prove to be surprisingly graceful skaters despite their odd proportions, bulk (especially in Burke's case) and general seeming clumsiness. Clearly enjoying themselves, the brothers make a point of showing off. Murray wears a Walkman, through which the Nutcracker Suite can be heard tinnily as he pirouets about. Chance shakes his head, embarrassed, while Jake just chuckles.

They hear a honk and a long white limousine pulls into the park. One of the tinted black windows rolls down and MAYOR MANX leans out, waving to the uncaring public, who mostly ignore him. The lims parks near the statue. The snobby-looking CHAUFFEUR gets out and goes to open the back door, but it flies open and knocks him flat on his back as Manx gets out in his golfing clothes, nine iron in one hand, crumpled speech notes in the other.

MANX
(excited)
Come, Callie! I want to get this wretched speech over with so I make my tee time!
(noticing the chauffeur)
Ah! Sorry about that!
(sucking his gut in)
Oh, well, no time to waste!

He runs off towards the base of the statue. Callie, getting out after him, briefcase in hand, sighs and helps the chauffeur to his feet. He dusts his uniform off.

CHAUFFEUR
(primly)
Thank you, madam.

CALLIE
Don't mention it.

She watches Manx beginning to deliver a speech to no one in particular. Noticing Chance and Jake, she smiles and walks over.

CALLIE
Well, if it isn't my two favorite auto mechanics.

JAKE
Hi, Callie.

CALLIE
Nice to see you two out and about. What's the occasion? Or is it just for fun?

JAKE
Yeah, that and, uh...

Chance skates past behind him.

CHANCE
We needed a break from mindsucking stupidity, but it followed us.

CALLIE
(glancing at Burke and Murray)
I see. Well, you know the old saying. You can't pick your friends.

At this, she again looks over at a wildly gesticulating Manx, still droning on and being ignored by the parkgoers. Suddenly, a MUGGER, a punk on skates, shoots past and grabs Callie's purse!

CALLIE
Hey!

Chance and Jake immediately move to pursue him.

CHANCE
Don't you worry, Callie! We'll catch this guy!

Before they can move, Callie, gripping the handle of her briefcase tightly, turns and flings it after the retreating thief. It hits him in the small of his back, sending him sprawling. With a yelp, he crashes to the ground, and the contents of Callie's purse scatter all over the cement. A few bystanders gasp and then applaud, including Burke and Murray.
Last edited by Kooshmeister on Sun May 13, 2018 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 x

marklungo
Fandom Veteran

Postby marklungo » Sun May 13, 2018 9:16 am

Wow, Callie really has been taking lessons from the SWAT Kats! CallieKissIcon2 BroFistIcon
1 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Wed May 16, 2018 5:41 pm

A little numbly, Chance and Jake go and help Callie pick up the dropped items from her purse. She smiles.

CALLIE
Thanks, guys.

JAKE
Don't mention it. Say, that was pretty impressive, Callie.

CALLIE
Self-defense classes.
(smiles)
The SWAT Kats can't be everywhere at once, after all.

As Chance gets up and skates over to where the mugger is lying, Jake manages to notice the absence of the communicator from among Callie's belongings. Of course, he is unable to bring this up to her currently since he'd be giving away his secret identity. Finishing, Callie stands and gives her purse a little shake, and we hear all the items rustling inside, and she gives it a pat with a smile. Meanwhile, Chance grabs the dazed mugger and yanks him to his feet, dragging him over, the criminal's collar in one hand, Callie's briefcase in the other.

CHANCE
Here ya go.

He hands her the briefcase.

CHANCE
(to the mugger)
Now say you're sorry and be a good boy and sit and wait for the Enforcers.

He gives the crook a rough shake.

MUGGER
(wincing)
S-Sorry...

Suddenly the ground trembles. Everyone stops what they're doing and looks around in confusion. Birds fly screeching in a wild panic from the trees.

JAKE
It must be some kind of earthquake!

The ground splits open, and Dr. Street's giant grub worms erupt up into view, sending chunks of earth and concrete flying in all directions. They bellow angrily, emitting a gurgling hiss, drooling slime hideously from their probscises. People begin screaming and running away. Numbly, standing and watching openmouthed, Chance releases his hold on the terrified mugger, allowing him to skate away. He hurriedly disappears into the anonymity of the fleeing crowds, but Chance intentionally released him, since now he and Jake have bigger, slimier fish to fry.

MURRAY
(screaming)
Yaaahhh! Let's get outta here!

Burke grabs his brother, slinging Murray onto his back like a Murray-shaped backpack, and begins skating away frantically.

CHANCE
(both scared and annoyed)
Aw, man, can't we just have one nice day without anything bad happening?

JAKE
(after Burke and Murray)
They've got the right idea! Come on, Callie!

He scoops an unresisting Callie into his arms. Nearby, Manx screams as one of the worms slithers over towards him.

MANX
Godfrey!

He and his chauffeur run to the limo, the chauffeur opening the front door, Manx opening the back, but before they can get in, the worm's path towards them takes it into direct contact with the statue. Bonk! It slams into it, and Manx stands half in, half out of the car, watching in wide-eyed terror as the enormous stone version of himself with its insufferably smug grin comes teetering down towards him. He flails, speech notes going in all directions. A quick-thinking Chance skates over and grabs Manx, pulling him to safety by the collar. The statue lands on the limo, crushing it, the chauffeur barely leaping free in time. The grub worm bellows and bends towards them, the spoutlike proboscis widening a bit like a funnel, as though to swallow them whole. Instead, it sprays a torrent of acidic slime!

Chance, it turns out, wore the Turbo Rollerblades after all. He'd intended on cheating again, but he realizes it's a good thing he had them. He activates the rocket boosters. Little jets of fire shoot out from his heels, propelling him forward with Manx in his arms. In motion, he hoists Manx onto his back, the terrified Mayor releasing his precious golf club so that he can hold onto Chance's back with one hand and grab his hairpiece with the other; his golfing cap flies off, and the toupee would've joined it, but Manx, skilled at saving what little dignity he's got in these kinds of situations, manages to snatch it out of the air just in time. The two shoot off just as the acid spewed forth by the monstrous worm hits the ground. The puddle hisses and bubbles and begins to melt through the concrete. Manx screams.

Nearby, Callie is being carried by Jake. Both of them take notice of the Turbo Rollerblades, but for different reasons. Jake is simultaneously annoyed and relieved that his friend brought them even though he swore he wouldn't, while Callie is confused, wondering why on Earth Chance would have rocket-powered rollerblades. Although there's more pressing things to worry about right now, like the giant grub worm slithering determinedly after them, hissing, she has noticed it nevertheless. She clings as Jake skates around bushes, park benches and other obstacles, struggling desperately to put some distance between them and their wormy pursuer, which sprays a firehose-like torrent of its greenish acidic glop, just missing them, splattering the ground with the hideous liquid. It reorients itself and spits another blast, which Jake just barely dodges. The slime splatters all over a park bench, a hotdog vendor's cart and a sundial, causing them to hiss, bubble and pop, melting into puddles like heated candle wax. Running perpendicular to them, Chance notices their plight, and with a whoosh, he skates over, making a beeline for the worm that's trying to eat them, shouting a taunt at the one chasing him and Manx in the process.

CHANCE
Come on, ugly! Come and get me!

Enraged, the worm redoubles its efforts and starts undulating his bloated body faster in an effort to catch them. The one chasing Jake and Callie is oblivious to this. Chance shoots underneath its raised chin, momentarily confusing it, and them wham! The worm that'd been pursuing him smashes into its companion and both are sent reeling into the grassy knoll, smashing into a gazebo, splintering it into matchwood. Safely out of their reach, Jake breathes a sigh of relief. Chance deactivates the rockets on the Turbo Rollerblades and skates normally alongside his friend, offering a sheepish grin. Jake just shakes his head. Upon reaching what they figure is a safe distance, the two set Callie and Manx down.

JAKE
You guys stay here! We'll go get help!

CALLIE
But--

Before she can finish, the two skate off, heading towards the tow truck. They open the doors, and rummaging inside, pulling two parcels from underneath the seats containing emergency SWAT Kat suits and Glovatrixes.

CHANCE
I wish we had the Turbokat!

JAKE
Beggars can't be choosers! Hurry and get dressed! Those worm things are slow, but Callie and Manx won't be safe where we left them for too long!

They hurriedly change, becoming T-Bone and Razor once more.

T-BONE
Let's rid this park of these overgrown pests!

Rushing forward, he aims up at one of the grubs with his Glovatrix.

T-BONE
Launching Mini-Matchhead Missiles!

Fwoosh! The missile flies up and splats into the worm's ugly face. It shrieks in agony as its soft flesh is set alight, its entire head aflame. As its screaming rises in pitch and becomes unbearable, a wincing T-Bone readies his Glovatrix again.

T-BONE
Time to put this poor ugly thing outta its misery!
(aims at it)
So long, big guy! Launching Mini-Turboblades!

The Turboblades shoot out and sail true, hitting the worm's soft underbelly, piercing it easily. They pass through its thick body and erupt out of his back, neatly slicing the enormous monster into three sections. The middle section thuds to the ground, lifeless, as does the head, the life draining out of its face, a mixture of greenish, bloodlike goo, acid and saliva drooling from the limp proboscis, a death rattle gurgling out, while the lower half continues twitching and flailing, spraying green slime in all directions, as though unaware the upper two portions it's been separated from have died. T-Bone gives the dead monster a little salute.

T-BONE
Rest in pieces, pal!
2 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Thu May 17, 2018 10:56 am

EXT. ENFORCER HEADQUARTERS - DAY

The mushroom monster is out front, waiting, still surrounded by commandos. Dr. Viper is nowhere to be seen. The assembled Enforcers are clearly nervous. The monster glares at them with narrowed eyes. Hearing the rackety whir of rotor blades, the commandos look up. High above them, they can see a squadron of Enforcer choppers taking off from the elevated runway and flying away. While they're thus preoccupied, the mushroom monster turns and eyes the open manhole he and Viper had used when they arrived. He inches toward it. Suddenly, a commando notices him.

ENFORCER COMMANDO
Hey!

The mushroom monster makes something resembling an "Aw, crud!" face, and right as the Enforcers take aim at him with their laser rifles, he liquefies himself, collapsing into a sentient puddle, and promptly oozing swiftly across the asphalt and into the manhole, disappearing from sight even as the startled commandos open fire. A few run to the open sewer and aim their guns in after him, but are stopped by their leader.

ENFORCER COMMANDO
Hold your fire!

EXT. MANX PARK - DAY

Razor is fighting another worm. He readies his Glovatrix, aiming into its proboscis, which widens as it prepares to shower him in acid.

RAZOR
Launch Mini Piranha Missile!

The missile shoots forth, the tip splitting off to reveal working serrated mandibles which open and close making metallic "chomping" noises. The little projectile flies into the funneled opening of the proboscis and makes an unpleasant, somewhat cartoonish bulge as it travels right down the protruding appendage - and promptly gets stuck! There's a pitiful little whirring noise signifying that upon becoming stuck, the Piranha's metal jaws have stopped working. Razor blinks, taking a step back. The worm's brows knit in fury and it shakes its head back and forth wildly in an attempt to dislodge the missile, then stops, glares down at Razor, and rears back, preparing to spit acid at him, throat bulging and swelling. Splorch! The acid hits the Piranha Missile inside the tube, and, although it does actually begin melting it, it isn't quick enough.

Razor watches in disgusted horror as the worm's face bulges outward like an inflating balloon and then pops, shooting torrents of the corrosive glop every which way. Some of it heads for Razor, but he deploys the expanding shield from his Glovatrix, using it to protect himself as he ducks behind it. The acid splats the shield, where it hisses and fizzes, but thankfully doesn't melt it. After a moment, Razor peaks over the top of the shield. He sees the headless body of the giant worm lying on the ground a few feet away, surrounded by several bubbling puddles of acid. Smirking, he lowers the shield completely and it retracts back into its compartment in the Glovatrix.

RAZOR
Thank goodness for acid-proof shields!

T-BONE
Good job, buddy!

He looks over at the third and final mutant worm.

T-BONE
Two down, one to--

He hears a sickly, insectlike buzzing noise, and then he and Razor turn towards the big hole in the ground the three monsters erupted from. That was just the first wave. Ci-Kat-A drones and Venus Trap Flies come flying out from underground like a swarm of locusts, making a beeline (heh) for the two heroes, followed by the converted convicts and the security guard Steven.

RAZOR
Spoke too soon, buddy! Looks like our fan club is here for a visit!

They take up defensive stances.
Last edited by Kooshmeister on Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
2 x

marklungo
Fandom Veteran

Postby marklungo » Fri May 18, 2018 5:04 pm

1. The worms' death scenes are impressively gruesome.
2. Can I safely assume that Jake and Chance put on their SWAT Kat suits in private? The script doesn't specify. crazymadkat
3. I recently saw a Mysticons episode that had a whole bunch of mushroom monsters. I wonder if someone on staff is a SWAT Kats fan?
1 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Fri May 18, 2018 5:54 pm

marklungo wrote:1. The worms' death scenes are impressively gruesome.

Thanks. I figured since they're monsters I could get really nasty with their deaths.

marklungo wrote:2. Can I safely assume that Jake and Chance put on their SWAT Kat suits in private? The script doesn't specify. crazymadkat

I thought it went without saying. TboneLaughCait
1 x

Return to “Fanfics”