2017 To-Do List

If your creative masterpiece doesn't fit in art or text... then place it here! (Music, custom helmets, cosplay)
MoDaD
Janitor
Flag: United States of America

2017 To-Do List

Postby MoDaD » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:34 pm

The last few months of 2016 had a lot of distractions thrown at me with emergency projects and fixes for SWAT Kats websites that have been (mostly) fixed by now. Unfortunately, that means that other things got shoved aside or forgotten about. So, I may need your help to try to remember what I forgot that I may have said I was going to do.

Off the top of my head, I know that I told Kooshmeister I'd setup the episode taxonomy for Succubus! to give it the extended functionality an episode has on swatkats.info. Done.

I know I also wanted to better popular the voice actors sections with some minimal content, at the very least for SEO benefit.

I also wanted to identify more panorama opportunities in episodes, along with resuscitating an animated GIFs thread (maybe we can come up with GIF themes or categories).

I also want to restore Strike's SWAT Kat Zone. The backup I have in my possession is a minefield of conflicting directory structures, so a simple regex find and replace probably isn't an option, meaning I'll have to do something custom (again).

The approach taken for the rebuild of skfanfic.com would also be perfect for the Art Archive as well, and that's something I'd personally like to pursue with Kris and Sage, though it's not critical.

There's also felonykat.com, the last malware compromised project I'd like to redo with something fresh. Done.

Nova Squadron's website needs to be made mobile friendly.

There's also that podcast idea, which is something I'm interested in, but still need some format ideas.

If there's something I'm missing let me know. Also, feel free to share any of your 2017 SWAT Kats items you'd like to accomplish. Any authors out there looking to write up sequels or continuations to earlier works, for instance?
4 x
SKLogoIcon Your Most Complete Source For All Things SWAT Kats Since 1999
The MEGA SWAT Kast | @TheSWATKats | YouTube Channel | The SWAT Kats Encyclopedia | Fandom Awards | Avatar by Kanogetz | @_MoDaD_
My schedule's been VERY inundated as of late. If I don't reply to you in a timely fashion please accept my apologies in advance. Thank you for your understanding!

AkaneKitty
Fandom Veteran

Re: 2017 To-Do List

Postby AkaneKitty » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:51 pm

As a fic writer I'd love to see a writing competition. I'd love to participate more around here but since I'm not artistically inclined I've just been limited to forum topics.

On the writing front I'm probably going to one more fix before I start concentrating on original work. Something to do with Feral of course. He's my fav and he really doesn't get much fan fiction attention compared to the other characters.
3 x

Rusakov
Long-Term Resident

Postby Rusakov » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:22 pm

I think I'll give a go at being a polymath.

I don't have much better to do after all. :P

Speaking of Feral fanfics, Akane, I tried writing a Feral story that chronicled his growing up and becoming who he was in the series.

I never finished it and to add insult to injury the only copy that was left was on the swatkats.us forums.
2 x

MoDaD
Janitor

Postby MoDaD » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:12 pm

Rusakov wrote:I never finished it and to add insult to injury the only copy that was left was on the swatkats.us forums.

The Life of Ulysses Feral ;)
1 x
The MEGA SWAT Kast | @TheSWATKats | YouTube Channel | The SWAT Kats Encyclopedia | Fandom Awards | Avatar by Kanogetz | @_MoDaD_
My schedule's been VERY inundated as of late. If I don't reply to you in a timely fashion please accept my apologies in advance. Thank you for your understanding!

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:39 pm

All sounds good to me. :D
2 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Rusakov
Long-Term Resident

Postby Rusakov » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:53 pm

MoDaD wrote:
Rusakov wrote:I never finished it and to add insult to injury the only copy that was left was on the swatkats.us forums.

The Life of Ulysses Feral ;)

Ooh! Thank you!

I'll try updating in between trying to become a polymath. :lol:
0 x

AkaneKitty
Fandom Veteran

Postby AkaneKitty » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:20 pm

Rusakov wrote:I think I'll give a go at being a polymath.

I don't have much better to do after all. :P

Speaking of Feral fanfics, Akane, I tried writing a Feral story that chronicled his growing up and becoming who he was in the series.

I never finished it and to add insult to injury the only copy that was left was on the swatkats.us forums.

Argh! I'm in the same boat with one of my fic I had on swatkats.us. My only other copy is on my busted gaming computer but the best edited version was on the forums. This fic was finished though as it was for a flash fiction challenge.
1 x

MoDaD
Janitor

Postby MoDaD » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:56 pm

AkaneKitty wrote:Argh! I'm in the same boat with one of my fic I had on swatkats.us. My only other copy is on my busted gaming computer but the best edited version was on the forums. This fic was finished though as it was for a flash fiction challenge.

Are any of these titles the one you're looking for?

• Drawing the short straw
  • MegaKat Towers: Grand Ballroom
  • Double Crossed
  • Dark Edge
  • Nightmarish Reality
  • Klue
  • KOPS

If so, here's a PDF with them.
0 x

AkaneKitty
Fandom Veteran

Postby AkaneKitty » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:00 am

MoDaD wrote:
AkaneKitty wrote:Argh! I'm in the same boat with one of my fic I had on swatkats.us. My only other copy is on my busted gaming computer but the best edited version was on the forums. This fic was finished though as it was for a flash fiction challenge.

Are any of these titles the one you're looking for?

Hey that's sweet! *adds to her backups*

This isn't the story I had written though. It was a part of one of TacticalKat's posts. It was called Blind Faith, if I remember correctly. It was a challenge where you had to write a story where a character was suddenly blinded. A few authors posted in the topic.

Thanks for pulling these up though MoDad. I'd forgotten about a few of these.
1 x

MoDaD
Janitor

Postby MoDaD » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:59 pm

AkaneKitty wrote:It was a part of one of TacticalKat's posts. It was called Blind Faith, if I remember correctly.

This the one?
0 x

Return to “Other Creative Fanworks”