The MEGA SWAT Kast - Episode 2 - NOW AVAILABLE!

If your creative masterpiece doesn't fit in art or text... then place it here! (Music, custom helmets, cosplay)
marklungo
Fandom Veteran
Flag: United States of America

Re: The MEGA SWAT Kast - Episode 2 - Coming Soon

Postby marklungo » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:31 pm

MoDaD wrote:
marklungo wrote:...we might assume that either Morbulus hasn't heard of Viper, or underestimates how dangerous he is.

When he's in Dr. Viper's Swamp Tree-house, Morbulus does have this line of dialog:
So, this is the secret lab of the legendary Dr. Viper.

So, Morbulus knows about him, and that "legendary" doesn't sound sarcastic to me. It's used in the scene to try to flatter Viper, probably in a (futile) attempt to keep from getting harmed. And, it's a subtle use of exposition to give Viper a little bit of gravitas in the audience's eyes, too. Though, after going over this episode in the podcast, it would not have surprised me if in that scene Dr. Viper had outright said something along the lines of "I am the legendary Dr. Viper." ViperSMile

Oops! Well, then, my theory is deader than Morbulus. Madkatlaughing He really should have just let himself get arrested.
1 x
"Saturday is usually my morning to sleep in."

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident

Re: The MEGA SWAT Kast - Episode 2 - NOW AVAILABLE!

Postby MoDaD » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:02 pm

The MEGA SWAT Kast - Eye to Eye to Eye to Eye is NOW AVAILABLE!

Dr. Viper, a physician you do not want to turn your heard and cough for, debuts in every SWAT Kats fan’s favorite episode, “The Giant Bacteria,” a title that coincidentally nets you disproportionate points in Viper Ssssssscrabble due to the lack of a certain consonant. Will Dr. Viper’s Bacteria Monsters spell the end of Megakat City before the drastic downgrade in animation does? Only one way to find out! Please adjust your humor targeting displays to the lowest common denominator, and note that the accuracy of recollection missiles may vary.

Show Episode: The Giant Bacteria

On Mixcloud: https://www.mixcloud.com/swatkats/the-m ... ye-to-eye/

Other listening options available here: https://podcast.swatkats.info/
5 x

Mr. Goodkat
Long-Term Resident
Flag: Germany

Postby Mr. Goodkat » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:37 pm

Quite entertaining. ViperLaughCait
Keep it up!
2 x

Prettyshadowj26
Long-Term Resident

Postby Prettyshadowj26 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:03 pm

Next Mega Swat Kast Episode will be The Wrath of Dark Kat DarkKatFury :twisted: Ah Ho ho ho ho ho ho hooooo
3 x

EricoBard
Long-Term Resident

Postby EricoBard » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:52 pm

Decent work, and your way of bringing in audio clips from other related sources does pep up the performance. Reminds me a little of when I was reviewing the Mega Man comics for the Mega Man Network; "The Blue Ink", I called it. Never be afraid to relate other items from popular culture.

That said, Modad, the others do come off as a little bit...peppier than you do. Put a little bit more of a smile and a giggle in your voice. You don't have to go full on Markiplier or Game Grumps crazy voice, but most of the time, you sound as excited as a clerk working in the DMV. Feel energized. You've got a good thing going.
3 x

NeeKnight
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Great Britain

Postby NeeKnight » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:54 am

I am so pleased with how this came out. Great work putting it all together, MoDaD. I just find it amazing you managed to cut down down our waffle from two hours to just fifty minutes.
My only regret is my rendition of Dr Draken's Rap didn't make the final cut Madkatlaughing At least we got the ad during the commercial break ViperSMile

Edit:
Strike that... Just listened back to it RazEmbarrassed I am no Rapper XD
2 x

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident

Postby MoDaD » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:51 pm

NeeKnight wrote:IMy only regret is my rendition of Dr Draken's Rap didn't make the final cut

I cut that because it was in response to a factually incorrect statement of mine when I said that Frank Welker voiced Drakken, when as everyone knows it's John DiMaggio (voice of Bender from Futurama, Jake from Adventure Time, etc.).

But, just so no one's disappointed...

3 x

NeeKnight
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Great Britain

Postby NeeKnight » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:08 pm

RazEmbarrassed RazEmbarrassed RazEmbarrassed RazEmbarrassed RazEmbarrassed RazEmbarrassed RazEmbarrassed RazEmbarrassed RazEmbarrassed RazEmbarrassed
Madkatlaughing Now I regret mentioning it XD Madkatlaughing

Let me know if that gets over 100 views. If it does, I will cover the full version of that rap RazSilly
2 x

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Spain

Postby Cait » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:28 pm

NeeKnight wrote:Let me know if that gets over 100 views. If it does, I will cover the full version of that rap RazSilly
View count increased by 1. The moment is approaching... ViperLaughCait
2 x

LadyStormcrow
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby LadyStormcrow » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:20 pm

Much as I liked the first one, this one is definitely an improvement :) It feels like you guys are hitting your stride more, and talking more about the history of animation at the time the series came out does make it more interesting (and I agree that bringing in more sound clips also helps).

I also love that you're continuing the theme of Feral being fourth-wall aware :lol: and the whole Dr. Viper's Scrabble idea! Did you guys really imagine any other SK-themed board games, or was that just part of the joke?
1 x
When there is no more room in Hell, the dead shall party on the Internet.

Return to “Other Creative Fanworks”