The MEGA SWAT Kast - Episode 2 - NOW AVAILABLE!

If your creative masterpiece doesn't fit in art or text... then place it here! (Music, custom helmets, cosplay)
Ty-Chou
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: United States of America

Re: The MEGA SWAT Kast - Episode 2 - NOW AVAILABLE!

Postby Ty-Chou » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:55 pm

I listened to the second episode while I was at work and I really enjoyed it. The energy was a bit higher and everyone felt more comfortable in it. I thought the introduction to the episode was especially good with the bit of history and insight over what this episode was and its relationship to this show and just to the time period when it aired.

I also found it interesting that, as you three went through the episode, the things you chose to point out and comment on were different than, say, if I went through the series. And I think just about every fan, if they did the same thing, would all point out different scenes and bits of dialog and talk about them in different ways. That's not any critique toward the podcast, that is just me rambling about a personal epiphany I found intriguing. Yes, I have seen the episodes multiple times, sometimes to the point where I find it tiring to go through certain episodes again, but hearing other people talk about it in the way the episode spoke to them does put a bit of new shine on it.

As such, when listening to episode two, (I love the title of this podcast episode by the way), I was reminded of how many things I liked about it. Yes, Swat Kats has a collection of sub par episodes and The Giant Bacteria is usually among that list. But it also has some scenes that I really like, scenes I often forget come from this episode. Also, this episode does do a good job to set up the energy, attitude, and dynamics of this world and its characters. It does what a pilot episode is supposed to do. This podcast reminded me of this and thus, The Giant Bacteria is a bit further up the list of favorite episodes for me.

So thank you for that. I had a good time listening and ruminating in this episode. When I have another opportunity at work, I will probably go back and listen to the entirety of episode one.
2 x

marklungo
Fandom Veteran

Postby marklungo » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:37 am

Listened to "Eye to Eye to Eye to Eye"* earlier tonight. Very cool! I loved the humor and the references to other shows. Of course, I deeply appreciate the shout out. Also, the podcast did a good job of identifying most of "The Giant Bacteria"'s many flaws.

One aspect of "Bacteria" that the podcast clarified for me is how overwrought some of the voice actors are in this early episode, which becomes pretty obvious without the visuals. In particular, Gary Owens really chews the scenery as Feral, to the point where it can be somewhat distracting. FeralBullhornIcon Fortunately, as both the show and the character developed, Owens started to dial it back a little, and his performances became more nuanced while remaining gloriously over-the-top. FeralStopSign

* Or, as Prince would have spelled it, "I 2 I 2 I 2 I".
2 x
"Saturday is usually my morning to sleep in."

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:13 pm

That was great. I'm surprised you guys didn't mention the consistent continuity error about which bacteria monster has which number of eyes. I also wish I'd been able to participate, considering The Giant Bacteria is probably the episode I have the most to say about. Oh well. I look forward to The Wrath of Dark Kat!
5 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Ty-Chou
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Ty-Chou » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:58 am

Kooshmeister wrote:That was great. I'm surprised you guys didn't mention the consistent continuity error about which bacteria monster has which number of eyes. I also wish I'd been able to participate, considering The Giant Bacteria is probably the episode I have the most to say about.

I'm sure I speak for more than just myself when I say you are more than welcome to also record your own thoughts, with yourself alone or with friends, and post them. Since we all know you're very passionate with your thoughts on this episode. I'm sure people would listen to them. :)

Or, just write an essay of the episode? I know not everyone has the knowledge or the equipment for recording. Though I would almost be surprised if you haven't written one already. There's always multiple ways to share your fan thoughts and I'm sure they're always welcome in any form on this board.
2 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:09 pm

I'm aware. And I did do a very in-depth breakdown of the episode along with three others in written form, and it and two others are available for viewing somewhere on the Encyclopedia. The one I did for Destructive Nature, though, has apparently been swallowed up by the Internet. Anyway, while I can definitely do as you suggest, I guess I wanted to be part of something more or less official with other fans as opposed to going solo.
2 x

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident

Postby MoDaD » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:55 pm

Kooshmeister wrote:The one I did for Destructive Nature, though, has apparently been swallowed up by the Internet.

Did you ever send that one to me? I have the others here: https://swatkats.info/encyclopedia/category/reviews

The ones for the first three episodes are highly amusing and very much worth a read if anyone hasn't already:

The Pastmaster Always Rings Twice Reviewed
The Giant Bacteria Reviewed
The Wrath of Dark Kat Reviewed

And, as for the podcast, I've alluded to this elsewhere in public and private, but I'd love to have both you and Mark on. My idea was to get both of your insights on the first three episodes of the show (as there's not really a single episode that acts concretely as a "debut," but one could sort of piece one together from the first three episodes), along with covering aspects we may have missed. Maybe make this less of a point-by-point thing and sort of an overall big picture discussion on the premiere of the SWAT Kats.
3 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:57 pm

I had it somewhere. I'll need to find it again and send it to you. And those three I did send in need to be reworked a little, heh.
2 x

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident

Postby MoDaD » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:43 pm

LadyStormcrow wrote:Did you guys really imagine any other SK-themed board games, or was that just part of the joke?

I don't think we did. But, that's a good Photoshop assignment for any who want to tackle that TboneLaughCait

August has been a weird month for scheduling, but our next recording is scheduled for the 27th, and it should be released approximately one week after that. Thanks for everyone's patience!
4 x

Prettyshadowj26
Long-Term Resident

Postby Prettyshadowj26 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:31 pm

MoDaD wrote:
LadyStormcrow wrote:Did you guys really imagine any other SK-themed board games, or was that just part of the joke?

I don't think we did. But, that's a good Photoshop assignment for any who want to tackle that TboneLaughCait

August has been a weird month for scheduling, but our next recording is scheduled for the 27th, and it should be released approximately one week after that. Thanks for everyone's patience!

Yay I can't Wait :D :D :D
1 x

Jiesi
Long-Term Resident

Postby Jiesi » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:35 pm

MoDaD wrote:

There's always Monopoly or Megapoly, Manxs faforit game LOL. ManxSmile Anyone want to buy Megakat Towers or Anakata Island? lol Should make this a real thing.
As for Dr. Viper changing Morbulus, he's so thoughtful for "letting him help him" I don't think thats what Morbuls had in mind lol. I can't wait for the next one
Attachments
megapoly1.png
7 x
Will work for bubble tea...despite needing money... crazymadkat

Return to “Other Creative Fanworks”