The MEGA SWAT Kast - Smoking is Bad for Your Health

If your creative masterpiece doesn't fit in art or text... then place it here! (Music, custom helmets, cosplay)
MoDaD
Long-Term Resident
Flag: United States of America

Re: The MEGA SWAT Kast - Smoking is Bad for Your Health

Postby MoDaD » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:20 am

EricoBard wrote:"Events presented in this show may not accurately reflect actual events in the parallel dimension that Megakat City inhabits within the multi-dimensional reality of our universe."

That makes me wonder if, should Revolution come to pass, whether or not we'll get a scene where SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron is on TV in a background scene, revealing that it's been a show within a show the entire time, kind of how some have depicted modern Sonic playing a 2D Genesis (Mega Drive) with a Sonic the Hedgehog game. I.e. the older version of the property is depicted as a retroactive "fake" interpretation of the newer version in-universe Madkatlaughing
2 x

Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Felony » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:03 am

MoDaD wrote:
EricoBard wrote:"Events presented in this show may not accurately reflect actual events in the parallel dimension that Megakat City inhabits within the multi-dimensional reality of our universe."

That makes me wonder if, should Revolution come to pass, whether or not we'll get a scene where SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron is on TV in a background scene, revealing that it's been a show within a show the entire time, kind of how some have depicted modern Sonic playing a 2D Genesis (Mega Drive) with a Sonic the Hedgehog game. I.e. the older version of the property is depicted as a retroactive "fake" interpretation of the newer version in-universe Madkatlaughing

Watched by Scaredy Kat, a retired stunt comedian actor. RazDumbfounded
3 x
^www^ <-- This is my happy evil megalomaniac face.
Class A Felony
DarkKatFury

Prettyshadowj26
Long-Term Resident

Postby Prettyshadowj26 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:58 pm

Here a the question that I don' t get it Why does Mayor Manx not gonna throw a parade of the Swat kats ? I mean I know they saved the city and all but still I'm still puzzle is he really gonna throw a parade ? o.O
1 x

Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Felony » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:25 pm

Prettyshadowj26 wrote:Here a the question that I don' t get it Why does Mayor Manx not gonna throw a parade of the Swat kats ? I mean I know they saved the city and all but still I'm still puzzle is he really gonna throw a parade ? o.O

Because vigilantism is illegal and giving two of them a parade is legitimizing the SWAT Kats and giving a thumbs up to anyone else wanting to try their hand at being a vigilante.
3 x
^www^ <-- This is my happy evil megalomaniac face.
Class A Felony
DarkKatFury

Jiesi
Long-Term Resident

Postby Jiesi » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:19 pm

MoDaD wrote:

or perhaps have a cartoon or comic of humans and our dimention of reality is on the other side of their fandom BroFistIcon ....the grass is alays greener on the other side lol
3 x
Will work for bubble tea...despite needing money... crazymadkat

marklungo
Fandom Veteran

Postby marklungo » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:45 pm

Okay, I'm really sorry for waiting so long to post in this thread, but lately I've been really lazy--I mean busy! Busy! (Actually, it's a little of both. RazEmbarrassed )

Anyway, I just wanted to thank MoDaD for letting me participate in this podcast, for all the work he does to keep SWAT Kats fandom alive, and for taking my suggestion of adding a clip from Wire's "Sand in My Joints" to the soundtrack. I'd also like to thank MintiSage and NeeKnight for their camaraderie and clever contributions. You all made my second appearance very enjoyable, and I hope that the sense of fun we shared comes through to the listener. MKIcon BroFistIcon

P.S. I've got to know: who did the illustration for this episode? That artwork of Callie is just epic. CalSmile
1 x
"Saturday is usually my morning to sleep in."

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident

Postby MoDaD » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:58 pm

marklungo wrote:P.S. I've got to know: who did the illustration for this episode? That artwork of Callie is just epic. CalSmile

It's just a matter of selecting some still frames from the episodes themselves and doing some Photoshop shenanigans. Not sure if it qualities as "artwork" or not TboneLaughCait

For Callie, I had to combine a few frames from The Pastmaster Always Rings Twice. This was the main one:

And, it is of course a not-so-subtle Phoenix Wright reference.
1 x

marklungo
Fandom Veteran

Postby marklungo » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:21 pm

MoDaD wrote:
marklungo wrote:P.S. I've got to know: who did the illustration for this episode? That artwork of Callie is just epic. CalSmile

It's just a matter of selecting some still frames from the episodes themselves and doing some Photoshop shenanigans. Not sure if it qualities as "artwork" or not TboneLaughCait

Well, it qualifies as something good, considering the work and imagination you put into it.

MoDaD wrote:For Callie, I had to combine a few frames from The Pastmaster Always Rings Twice. This was the main one:

And, it is of course a not-so-subtle Phoenix Wright reference.

Which I didn't get because I don't follow video games very much. Thanks for the info!
1 x
"Saturday is usually my morning to sleep in."

Ty-Chou
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Ty-Chou » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:59 pm

I am super behind on these. October is my busiest month.

I enjoyed listening to everyone's thoughts on this episode. It seems to be a majority fan favorite and there are certainly many good reasons why. There is some very grim content in here, which is also why I think the comedy aspects were pushed so hard and maybe some scenes were a little bit more cartoony than we usually see from this show. Which is actually more of how I like it. I like dark comedy and grave humor and both these elements, as well as the introduction of many fans' favorite villains, really set this episode apart.

MoDad pointed out this scene where Chance suddenly is in costume in a second. I never thought of this being too slapstick and out of tone with the show. I think part of this is because when you see things as a kid, sometimes you just keep accepting them as an adult without thought. I still think the cartoon timing is at least in sync with the entire scene of Chance watching cartoons for "an 80 hour marathon". But to be fair, this is probably as slapstick as the show has gone, but Chance is also kind of his own comedy relief at times.

I agree with Mark. I don't think this scene is so out there that it merits the "big-lipped alligator moment". (A phrase inspired by "All Dogs Go To Heaven where the appearance of the big-lipped alligator really derails the whole tone of the movie.) But I think this scene would have been worthy of the podcast's own coined Madkat moment.

And it's funny that Venture Bros was already brought up in this thread because at the mention of Hackle having a garage sale, I thought of Venture Bros, too with Dr. Venture having his yard sale and practically all his enemies show up to buy his inventions. Hackle keeps wondering why there's so many of his prototypes on the street. He keeps forgetting he is selling them for $5 from his yard every Saturday morning.

Lastly, here's a quick doodle to coincide with the discussion. Great episode everyone!

5 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:47 pm

Ty-Chou wrote:Image

Subtle. MKIcon
3 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Return to “Other Creative Fanworks”