Auxiliary Weapons Panel - Glenn Leopold

If your creative masterpiece doesn't fit in art or text... then place it here! (Music, custom helmets, cosplay)
MoDaD
Long-Term Resident
Flag: United States of America

Auxiliary Weapons Panel - Glenn Leopold

Postby MoDaD » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:08 pm

Listen on MixCloud.

Welcome to the Auxilary Weapons Panel, a part of The MEGA SWAT Kast where we break format for a little while to talk to fellow SWAT Kats fans about whatever’s on their minds. Make sure your safety harness is strapped on tight, because we didn’t file our flight plan in advance.

We are joined by special guest Glenn Leopold, showrunner, story editor and writer of over half of the series of SWAT Kats the Radical Squadron, including its two debut episodes The Pastmaster Always Rings Twice and The Giant Bacteria.

Auxiliary Weapons Panelists:
Glenn Leopold: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0503158/
MoDaD: https://twitter.com/TheSWATKats

This is a swatkats.info production. Make sure to follow us on Twitter @TheSWATKats

Other listening options at https://podcast.swatkats.info

---

W.C. Fields Reference in more detail:

7 x

marklungo
Fandom Veteran

Re: Auxiliary Weapons Panel - Glenn Leopold

Postby marklungo » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:35 am

I'm glad you got to talk to Glenn Leopold, MoDaD! Your interview is obviously a huge "get" for this site and the SWAT Kats fandom in general, and it's good to hear the perspective of someone who was such a central figure to the show.

I'm wondering about something, though; how much advance notice about this interview was there? Some people knew about it and were able to submit questions, but I didn't hear about it until the day it was posted.
2 x
"Saturday is usually my morning to sleep in."

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident

Postby MoDaD » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:48 am

marklungo wrote:Wondering about something, though; how much advance notice about this interview was there? Some people knew about it and were able to submit questions, but I didn't hear about it until the day it was posted.

There will be future opportunities for everyone to interact with Glenn. Have been working on that for some time now. This podcast is just something to fill the interim. April 2018 should be the time that people keep an eye on. Will provide more details as they solidify, but should be similar to last month's event.
2 x

Ty-Chou
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Ty-Chou » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:09 pm

This was a fantastic and fascinating episode. I greatly enjoyed hearing from Glenn, someone who not only wrote for Swat Kats, but was a great deal responsible for the Tremblay's original idea molding into the show we know and love. I can complete understand in the parts where he struggled to remember things that happened so long ago, but it was also very cute when you could tell he remembered certain things and seemed to look back on them fondly.

Great interview MoDad! Thanks for bringing it to us! And thank you Mr. Leopold for taking the time for the fans. <3
2 x

Ty-Chou
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Ty-Chou » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:12 am

I have to add I also loved this mental image of Glen trying to get scripts done and the Tremblay brothers come in like excited kids: "We came up with a new weapon! Can you put it in your story?"

So cute! I love it!
2 x

marklungo
Fandom Veteran

Postby marklungo » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:36 am

Ty-Chou wrote:I have to add I also loved this mental image of Glen trying to get scripts done and the Tremblay brothers come in like excited kids: "We came up with a new weapon! Can you put it in your story?"

So cute! I love it!

I wouldn't be surprised if that's how the monster-oriented episodes like "Volcanus Erupts!" were written as well: "Hey Glenn, we came up with a cool new monster! Can you write a story around it?"
1 x
"Saturday is usually my morning to sleep in."

Ty-Chou
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Ty-Chou » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:18 pm

Pretty sure that's how The Deadly Pyramid came about. In one of his interviews, Christian talked about how he drew giant mummies and then asked his writers to make a story about them.
2 x

Prettyshadowj26
Long-Term Resident

Postby Prettyshadowj26 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:42 pm

Great interview with Glenn Leopold Modad who's next ? it's so excited
1 x

Mr. Goodkat
Long-Term Resident
Flag: Germany

Postby Mr. Goodkat » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:25 am

Nice to hear the insights from another member of the SK production crew.
1 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:11 am

I loved the use of the soundbite from the Ghostbusters remake. TboneLaughCait

ManxScared "Never compare me to the Jaws mayor! Never!"

And bring back Morbulus? How? I mean, I'm glad that Leopold is pretty insistent that death need not be forever in SWAT Kats, but I'm unsure how he he can come back after being mutated, then splitting into three separate beings who all die violently and melt, explode into dust and melt, respectively. BacteriaDivide

Nevertheless, it gives me hope for dear Dr. Zyme in Revolution. ZymeIcon

In any event, a great interview; I was beginning to think we'd never hear from Leopold at all in this fandom. And although Lifeforce itself didn't turn out to be the only influence on Succubus!, I am glad I was at least on the money that Leopold had seen it (that he'd read the novel it was based on surprised me, though!).
1 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Return to “Other Creative Fanworks”