I'm finally here

Tell us about yourself and how SWAT Kats is special to you!
marklungo
Fandom Veteran
Flag: United States of America

I'm finally here

Postby marklungo » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:29 pm

Hello to all. A while back, I wrote an article about SWAT Kats. People seemed to like it. Now I'm here. Looking forward to interacting with everyone.
2 x
"Saturday is usually my morning to sleep in."

MoDaD
Janitor

Re: I'm finally here

Postby MoDaD » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:48 pm

Welcome to MegakatCity.com!

It's always great to have another fandom celebrity joining us here :)

For those who may not be aware, Mark Lungo wrote an article in 1995 for Animato Magazine's #32 issue where he reviewed the entire show on an episode-by-episode basis, the content of which has been passed around throughout the years until it found a permanent home on The SWAT Kats Encyclopedia as the default summaries for episodes (credited appropriately, of course). Relatively recently, he also was kind enough to provide a follow-up review in the same style for the Special Report episode as well.
0 x
SKLogoIcon Your Most Complete Source For All Things SWAT Kats Since 1999
The MEGA SWAT Kast | Discord | @TheSWATKats | YouTube Channel | The SWAT Kats Encyclopedia | Fandom Awards | Avatar by Kanogetz | @_MoDaD_
My schedule's been VERY inundated as of late. If I don't reply to you in a timely fashion please accept my apologies in advance. Thank you for your understanding!

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Fri May 01, 2015 4:21 am

Good to see you on here at last, Mark! :D
0 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

marklungo
Fandom Veteran

Postby marklungo » Fri May 01, 2015 1:58 pm

Good to be here, Koosh!
0 x

LowdogCraft
Filled with Determination

Postby LowdogCraft » Sat May 02, 2015 11:11 am

Great to see ya here, Mark! *waves*
0 x
~Lowdog002
Artist, Musician, Gamer and
LGBTQ+ Supporter
"Knowing the mouse might one day leave its hole and get the cheese... It fills you with determination."

Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Felony » Sat May 02, 2015 11:12 pm

Welcome to Megakat City, Mark Lungo! ^_^ We're a fairly active SK board so look forward to seeing your input to the various topics that pop up here. I was so happy to have found that issue of Animato! on ebay years back, I had no idea there were magazines dedicated to the latest in animation back in the day. After all I was only a teen when SK originally aired and told 'toons were "for kids" so had no idea so many adults were enjoying and discussing them too. Didn't stop me from watching cartoons tho!
0 x
^www^ <-- This is my happy evil megalomaniac face.
Class A Felony
DarkKatFury

T-Bone
Resident
Flag: Russia

Postby T-Bone » Sun May 03, 2015 8:07 am

Welcome to MegaKat city,marklungo! Stay here and enjoy! :)
0 x
SK fan since 1998.

SwatKats forever!

Razor:Hey,don’t sweat it, I’ll teach you how to swim.
T-Bone:Fish swim,I fly.

Betaruga
Killa Vanilla

Postby Betaruga » Fri May 29, 2015 1:54 am

Hey there Mark! Sorry I missed this thread. Welcome to this site! A lot of us seem to be a bit more lax the past few weeks (probably due to vacation time, etc. Hello summer!) Would you mind terribly if you shared what position you were in to give a thorough review of SWAT Kats, and how you've stood and interacted as a fan since it's airing? I mean, I've been a fan since I was a 90s kid, but it would be rather interesting to hear the opinion/experience of a fan who enjoyed the series when it came out as an adult. Without the childhood nostalgia, if you will.

If I may, I have a few more questions to follow, if that's alright :) Did SWAT Kats strike you at all back in the early-mid 90s, and if so, what about it? How did you feel it held up to its contemporaries, and do you keep tabs on the current animation industry?

Again, welcome to Megakatcity.com, it's a pleasure to have you!
1 x

marklungo
Fandom Veteran

Postby marklungo » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:44 pm

Betaruga wrote:Hey there Mark! Sorry I missed this thread.

And I'm sorry I missed this post!

Betaruga wrote:Welcome to this site! A lot of us seem to be a bit more lax the past few weeks (probably due to vacation time, etc. Hello summer!) Would you mind terribly if you shared what position you were in to give a thorough review of SWAT Kats, and how you've stood and interacted as a fan since its airing? I mean, I've been a fan since I was a 90s kid, but it would be rather interesting to hear the opinion/experience of a fan who enjoyed the series when it came out as an adult. Without the childhood nostalgia, if you will.

Well, first, I was already an aspiring writer who'd done some articles and reviews for fanzines (and my high school and college newspapers, if those count). Second, I liked SWAT Kats from the first episode. Ever since I saw The Houndcats as a child, I've always felt that action/adventure and cartoon animals are two great tastes that taste great together. And it helped that SWAT Kats was actually serious about the action/adventure part, complete with menacing, murderous supervillains. Finally, while the show isn't perfect, it was obvious that the creators weren't just cashing a paycheck; they loved working on the show, and their passion came through in the final product.

Betaruga wrote:If I may, I have a few more questions to follow, if that's alright :) Did SWAT Kats strike you at all back in the early-mid 90s, and if so, what about it?

Yes, it did. I watched it from the first day. I remember that the shows I was anticipating in the fall of 1993 were Exo Squad and Biker Mice from Mars; while I enjoyed both series, it was SWAT Kats (which, IIRC, didn't get nearly as much advance publicity as the other two) that really blew me away. The show was (and is) just so badass!

Betaruga wrote:How did you feel it held up to its contemporaries,

Very well. SWAT Kats has a sheer awesomeness to it that only a handful of shows from that era can match.

Betaruga wrote:and do you keep tabs on the current animation industry?

To a certain extent. I don't watch as much US animation as I used to, but I love Gravity Falls and Wander over Yonder, and Wabbit is also enjoyable. And I must confess that I'm a brony too; MLP is just too heartfelt and well made to be ignored.

Betaruga wrote:Again, welcome to Megakatcity.com, it's a pleasure to have you!

It's a pleasure to be had! Soory it took me so long to notice this.
1 x

Poecat
Fandom Veteran

Postby Poecat » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:05 am

A very very late welcome to Megakat City from me >_> I totally missed you joining!
0 x

Return to “Introductions”