Touching down in Megakat City

Tell us about yourself and how SWAT Kats is special to you!
Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: United States of America

Re: Touching down in Megakat City

Postby Felony » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:05 pm

Welcome to the forum! ^_^
1 x
^www^ <-- This is my happy evil megalomaniac face.
Class A Felony
DarkKatFury

Swatkatfan21
Resident

Postby Swatkatfan21 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:20 am

[/quote]
Mikazo wrote:
Swatkatfan21 wrote:Thank you for the warm welcome! I look forward to getting to know you folks. Let me answer some of your questions.

Thanks so much for sharing! It sounds like you've been involved in a lot of interesting things. Thanks for the introduction - looking forward to see some of your creative works. :)

Here's a sample of a untitled and unfinished piece I've been working on. It's kind of a thank you to my friend in Kyoto.

"Shambling round this
grey forsaken town
From off the dirty ground
Where the bottle put me down

Tasting bitter failure
Doubt hanging heavy
As an anchor

One foot off the edge
Ready to step
From the ledge

Hope comes with smile
And a steady hand
A rope for a drowning man
Kindness fights my
band of demons
Curing anger and bile

You showed me
To stand tall
Even after a fall
You let me see
Who i was meant to be

Life's not drink-to-drink
Or day-to-day
It's going past the brink
To find a better way"

Needs to be reworked a bit, but its one of my better pieces. I hope you all enjoyed it and I look forward to sharing more of my work.
3 x

Mikazo
Long-Term Resident

Postby Mikazo » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:39 pm

Swatkatfan21 wrote:Here's a sample of a untitled and unfinished piece I've been working on. It's kind of a thank you to my friend in Kyoto.

Interesting! Looks like it's about someone hitting bottom, but picking themselves back up again? At least that's how I interpreted it. Maybe there are some ways you could expand your audience, share it to some sites like DeviantArt? Just some ideas!
1 x

Swatkatfan21
Resident

Postby Swatkatfan21 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:57 pm

Mikazo wrote:
Swatkatfan21 wrote:Here's a sample of a untitled and unfinished piece I've been working on. It's kind of a thank you to my friend in Kyoto.

Interesting! Looks like it's about someone hitting bottom, but picking themselves back up again? At least that's how I interpreted it. Maybe there are some ways you could expand your audience, share it to some sites like DeviantArt? Just some ideas!

Thanks and your interpretation is right on the money. I have thought about posting on DeviantArt, but I've heard such mixed things about it.
0 x

Mikazo
Long-Term Resident

Postby Mikazo » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:32 pm

Swatkatfan21 wrote:Thanks and your interpretation is right on the money. I have thought about posting on DeviantArt, but I've heard such mixed things about it.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure where to go to share something like that. Fanworks are one thing, since there are usually groups you can share them to, but original works? I'd be interested to know how people might get them out there. Open mic night, maybe? :)
1 x

Swatkatfan21
Resident

Postby Swatkatfan21 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:11 am

Mikazo wrote:
Swatkatfan21 wrote:Thanks and your interpretation is right on the money. I have thought about posting on DeviantArt, but I've heard such mixed things about it.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure where to go to share something like that. Fanworks are one thing, since there are usually groups you can share them to, but original works? I'd be interested to know how people might get them out there. Open mic night, maybe? :)

Been thinking of having my singer friend perform some of my work after you gave me the open mic idea. I might even step up myself.

Going to create a DA account as well, but I made the mistake of randomly surfing DA. Unbelievable that there's stuff on there that can turn my stomach. I've done butcher/slaughter house work! So I think I'll stay Swat Kat fan art and written works part from now on.
0 x

Return to “Introductions”