Long time lurker, first time posting...

Tell us about yourself and how SWAT Kats is special to you!
Agracite
Resident
Flag: United States of America

Long time lurker, first time posting...

Postby Agracite » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:40 am

Just another long time Swat Kats fan here. I've lurked for awhile, figure it's time I joined the forums. Saw this series when I was young and am thrilled to see the creators working on it getting a second chance. Hopefully it will!

I made a fan tumblr a little over a year ago for the hell of it and was surprised to see there are a lot of fans still about. The link for anyone interested: https://agraciteinmycereal.tumblr.com/ This forum has been one of my sources for cool Swat Kats material. If anyone objects to me posting their fan work, let me know. I will take it down asap. Message me through tumblr or email at agracite@gmail :3
5 x
"My momma musta put agracite in my cereal when I was a kitten."

https://agraciteinmycereal.tumblr.com/

MoDaD
Janitor

Re: Long time lurker, first time posting...

Postby MoDaD » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:58 am

Thanks for joining! I really like the Tumblr you made - it's great to see everyone's contributions getting new life there.

Everyone, Agracite's been quietly helping me present a Tumblr presence for almost a year now, allowing me to embed the feed on the swatkats.info homepage (which, ironically is currently down because Tumblr changed their API and I haven't had time to fix it yet). But, I don't mean to infer credit on my part - in actuality the Tumblr is all Agracite's doing. I need to add a fourth button to MegakatCity.com at the top and a link in the footer - been meaning to.

Thanks for your work there, Agracite!

EDIT: And, done.
2 x
SKLogoIcon Your Most Complete Source For All Things SWAT Kats Since 1999
The MEGA SWAT Kast | Discord | @TheSWATKats | YouTube Channel | The SWAT Kats Encyclopedia | Fandom Awards | Avatar by Kanogetz | @_MoDaD_
My schedule's been VERY inundated as of late. If I don't reply to you in a timely fashion please accept my apologies in advance. Thank you for your understanding!

Poecat
Fandom Veteran

Postby Poecat » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:35 am

Welcome to Megakat City!!! HardDriveIcon
1 x

Cody Furlong
Resident

Postby Cody Furlong » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:43 pm

Welcome to the forums! I hope that you will enjoy your stay with us.
1 x
You search and search for something, never realizing it is within and always has been. You can not find it, you can not understand it, you simply accept, and believe, and it will grow.
- Heretic's Faith, Randall N. Bills

Felix Kayne
Long-Term Resident

Postby Felix Kayne » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:16 pm

Heyo! Nice to see you here.
1 x

Mr. Goodkat
Long-Term Resident
Flag: Germany

Postby Mr. Goodkat » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:56 pm

Welcome to Megakat City and thanks for posting some of my stuff on your tumblr, Agracite.
1 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:15 pm

The show may not have used it, so I will:

TboneLaughCait RazorHappyCait ViperLaughCait

If only we could have that in a larger resolution, someone could color it. It'd make a really awesome banner.
3 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Spain

Postby Cait » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:38 pm

Welcome to the Megakat City! RazHappy

Kooshmeister wrote:The show may not have used it, so I will:

TboneLaughCait RazorHappyCait ViperLaughCait

If only we could have that in a larger resolution, someone could color it. It'd make a really awesome banner.

I could give it a try if that happens SinianThisCait
1 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:54 am

Considering its origins, we're likely to never see it in a larger size. It's from Cartoon Network's old website and they didn't show the pictures any larger that I can recall. Does anyone know the fate of the stuff they had on there?
2 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

MoDaD
Janitor

Postby MoDaD » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:10 am

Kooshmeister wrote:Considering its origins, we're likely to never see it in a larger size. It's from Cartoon Network's old website and they didn't show the pictures any larger that I can recall. Does anyone know the fate of the stuff they had on there?

The site is probably lost, though archive.org might still have a backup. I did screenshot it a long time ago: https://swatkats.info/encyclopedia/sigh ... f-cartoons

As for the original documents, there's probably an untouched filing cabinet somewhere no one has touched in years.

Most of the content got placed among these: https://swatkats.info/encyclopedia/images/model-sheets

EDIT: Had to look up what the original URL was (http://cartoonnetwork.com/doc)

Here's the Wayback Machine version.

But, that's really slow, so I re-ripped everything (most of this probably already exists on swatkats.info).

Here's a Gallery, or you you can just download everything.

Homepage:

Chance Furlong and Jake Clawson appear to be a couple of ordinary junkyard auto mechanics until trouble occurs in Megakat City. In a flash they fly their high-tech Turbokat toward danger as T-Bone and Razor: the Swat Kats. The city is run by the power-hungry Commander Feral and his Megakat Enforcers, a militant team of law officials. Jake and Chance were once Enforcers but Feral demoted them to working in the scrap yard, where the Swat Kats were born. Callie Briggs, the deputy mayor, contacts the Swat Kats whenever evil threatens. Swat Kats: The Radical Squadron was created by Christian and Yvon Tremblay. Hanna-Barbera produced 23 episodes of the hardware-heavy action show, which debuted in 1993 and quickly developed a cult following.

Some text from the Featured Episodes tab:

182-9301 "The Giant Bacteria"
Director: Robert Alvarez
Originally Aired: 9/18/93

The swamp-dwelling Dr. Viper turns his fellow evildoer Morbulus into a hulking bacteria blob. It attacks the city so that Dr. Viper can loot the Megakat Biochemical Lab. The Swat Kats seem unable to stop the Giant Bacteria since it divides into two anytime it is hit.
182-9302 "The Metallikats"
ORIGINALLY AIRED: 10/9/93

Mac and Molly Mange are rubbed-out mobsters who are brought back to life as The Metallikats, robots created by the well-meaning Prof. Hackle. They vow to "tear up this town like a scratching post" and seek revenge against Mayor Manx for denying their parole. Mayhem ensues as the Swat Kats fly in to save both Manx and Callie from the reckless robots.
182-9303 "The Pastmaster Always Rings Twice"
ORIGINALLY AIRED: 9/11/93

When the evil Pastmaster is accidentally freed from his centuries-old imprisonment, he steals his "Tome of Time" spellbook from the Megakat City Museum of History and attempts to throw the city back into the Dark Ages. He creates a time vortex and brings dinosaurs back from the past to create a diversion. The Swat Kats try to respond, but they get knocked into the Prehistoric era themselves.
3 x
SKLogoIcon Your Most Complete Source For All Things SWAT Kats Since 1999
The MEGA SWAT Kast | Discord | @TheSWATKats | YouTube Channel | The SWAT Kats Encyclopedia | Fandom Awards | Avatar by Kanogetz | @_MoDaD_
My schedule's been VERY inundated as of late. If I don't reply to you in a timely fashion please accept my apologies in advance. Thank you for your understanding!

Return to “Introductions”