A cybernetic ronin rabbit checking in...

Tell us about yourself and how SWAT Kats is special to you!
User avatar
RocketUsagi
Just Moved In
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:07 am
x 14
x 17
Flag: Philippines

A cybernetic ronin rabbit checking in...

Postby RocketUsagi » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:16 pm

Hello and Mabuhay!

Irving here from the Pearl of the Orient, the Philippine islands!

I've recently discovered the show several months ago. One of the reasons why I got hooked, aside from the great action, is the TurboKat (being an aviation fan myself). On the other hand, I also discovered some good friends of mine are fans (or at least seen the show), and have heard fun stories from them.

Outside, I'm an fan of Rocket Raccoon, and the Usagi Yojimbo comics (I also have a good number of comics that I read, and some on queue), and a toy collector as well.

If I'm not online here at the forums, most likely you'll find me on Twitter or on Discord.

Thanks and I look forward to meet everyone and spread the fandom! :)
7 x

User avatar
MoDaD
Janitor
Posts: 963
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 12:01 pm
Location: USA
x 2188
x 1471
Flag: United States of America
Contact:

Re: A cybernetic ronin rabbit checking in...

Postby MoDaD » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:22 pm

Welcome to the forums! Really like your artwork: https://twitter.com/twistedpaths/status ... 4610965504
2 x
SKLogoIcon Your Most Complete Source For All Things SWAT Kats Since 1999
The MEGA SWAT Kast | Discord | @TheSWATKats | YouTube Channel | The SWAT Kats Encyclopedia | Fandom Awards | Avatar by Kanogetz | @_MoDaD_
My schedule's been VERY inundated as of late. If I don't reply to you in a timely fashion please accept my apologies in advance. Thank you for your understanding!

User avatar
RocketUsagi
Just Moved In
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:07 am
x 14
x 17
Flag: Philippines

Re: A cybernetic ronin rabbit checking in...

Postby RocketUsagi » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:26 pm

MoDaD wrote:Welcome to the forums! Really like your artwork: https://twitter.com/twistedpaths/status ... 4610965504


Thank you very much! XD.
As long as there are art commission ideas popping on my mind, I'll be more happy to share great SK stuff from our local artists here!
Last edited by RocketUsagi on Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

User avatar
Poecat
Fandom Veteran
Posts: 352
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 8:52 pm
Location: Kentucky
x 522
x 487
Flag: United States of America
Contact:

Re: A cybernetic ronin rabbit checking in...

Postby Poecat » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:31 pm

Welcome to Megakat City! :3
I had some b/w Usagi Yojimbo comics back in the day. There’s just something cool about bunny Samurias.
2 x

User avatar
RocketUsagi
Just Moved In
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:07 am
x 14
x 17
Flag: Philippines

Re: A cybernetic ronin rabbit checking in...

Postby RocketUsagi » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:41 pm

Poecat wrote:Welcome to Megakat City! :3
I had some b/w Usagi Yojimbo comics back in the day. There’s just something cool about bunny Samurias.


Hello Poecat!

I do agree with you! And growing up exposed in Japanese stuff made me love Stan Sakai's masterpiece; plus the stories makes me always get excited and crave for the next issue. It's also because of the series that I was also able to meet and become friends with some local comic book artists (including one whose art made it in the Sakai Project artbook). I also ended up collecting his books, including Groundthumper and Hermy. XD.

Dark Horse has omnibus editions of UY if you want to catch up again, not to mention the recent one-shot crossover with the TMNT (on IDW).

Cheers!
Irving
1 x

User avatar
Poecat
Fandom Veteran
Posts: 352
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 8:52 pm
Location: Kentucky
x 522
x 487
Flag: United States of America
Contact:

Re: A cybernetic ronin rabbit checking in...

Postby Poecat » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:00 pm

RocketUsagi wrote:
Poecat wrote:Welcome to Megakat City! :3
I had some b/w Usagi Yojimbo comics back in the day. There’s just something cool about bunny Samurias.


Hello Poecat!

I do agree with you! And growing up exposed in Japanese stuff made me love Stan Sakai's masterpiece; plus the stories makes me always get excited and crave for the next issue. It's also because of the series that I was also able to meet and become friends with some local comic book artists (including one whose art made it in the Sakai Project artbook). I also ended up collecting his books, including Groundthumper and Hermy. XD.


Oh nice! I actually got to listen to Stan Sakai in a panel at Anthrocon 2005. Him along with the Peter Laird of TMNT were guests that year.

That’s cool that you’ve became friends with some local comic artists... Do you have links to his comics? If they are online.

RocketUsagi wrote:Dark Horse has omnibus editions of UY if you want to catch up again, not to mention the recent one-shot crossover with the TMNT (on IDW).


Oh I would never be able to catch up. I haven’t read TMNT since the Archie Adventure version was out... (showing my age there....). But now that one shot with TMNT nd Usagi... I will look for. XD
2 x

User avatar
Rusakov
Long-Term Resident
Posts: 194
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 2:31 pm
x 287
x 183
Flag: United States of America

Re: A cybernetic ronin rabbit checking in...

Postby Rusakov » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:00 pm

Welcome to MegakatCity, cybernetic bunny! x3

I didn't discover the show until I was almost 19 years old. The reason being that my family didn't get cable until 1998 (when I was 8) and it was only basic cable (so we had Cartoon Network only, no Boomerang). We didn't get Boomerang until we switched cable companies in summer of 2009. And... I'm rambling aren't I? :P

Still, welcome! ^^
1 x

User avatar
RocketUsagi
Just Moved In
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:07 am
x 14
x 17
Flag: Philippines

Re: A cybernetic ronin rabbit checking in...

Postby RocketUsagi » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:12 pm

Rusakov wrote:Welcome to MegakatCity, cybernetic bunny! x3

I didn't discover the show until I was almost 19 years old. The reason being that my family didn't get cable until 1998 (when I was 8) and it was only basic cable (so we had Cartoon Network only, no Boomerang). We didn't get Boomerang until we switched cable companies in summer of 2009. And... I'm rambling aren't I? :P

Still, welcome! ^^


Thanks a lot for the welcome!

As for your rant... nah, that's fine. We had cable on my final year in high school. We had CN on our system and no Boomerang. It was the magic of the internet that led me to unearth this awesome show.
1 x

User avatar
RocketUsagi
Just Moved In
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:07 am
x 14
x 17
Flag: Philippines

Re: A cybernetic ronin rabbit checking in...

Postby RocketUsagi » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:49 pm

Oh nice! I actually got to listen to Stan Sakai in a panel at Anthrocon 2005. Him along with the Peter Laird of TMNT were guests that year.

That’s cool that you’ve became friends with some local comic artists... Do you have links to his comics? If they are online.


You're more lucky you had a chance to listen to Stan and Peter... how I wish they could come here in Manila (we have a good number of conventions to visit), and meet them. KittyEyesChanceIcon

As for local comic book artists, here are some of them (that I've met and befriended many times):

Aaron Felizmenio (he's the one who had artwork included in the Sakai Project artbook... I had some hard copies of his comics): https://www.facebook.com/aaronfelizmenio

Cyanroll (Cy Vendivil... I love his anthro comics!):https://gumroad.com/cyanroll https://about.me/cyanroll

Koi Carreon (lekoifish... if you're a Voltron fan, he made a cover for the recent Legendary Defender comic issue): https://www.facebook.com/lekoifish/

BernceWorks (the artist behind my SK and Usagi commissioned art): https://www.facebook.com/BernceWorks/

Oh I would never be able to catch up. I haven’t read TMNT since the Archie Adventure version was out... (showing my age there....). But now that one shot with TMNT nd Usagi... I will look for. XD


You can get the latest Usagi issue (or any issue, since a huge majority of the stories are one shots), or better yet the crossover with the TMNT (it's a great read... I recommend picking up the hardcover version, if you want to see some behind the scenes stuff).
Last edited by RocketUsagi on Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

Swatkatfan21
Resident
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:30 am
x 451
x 126
Flag: United States of America

Re: A cybernetic ronin rabbit checking in...

Postby Swatkatfan21 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:50 pm

Welcome to Megakat City! BroFistIcon
2 x


Return to “Introductions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest