Um, hello! Amateur artist reporting in. ...I think?

Tell us about yourself and how SWAT Kats is special to you!
Shibuyah-kun
Just Moved In
Flag: United States of America

Um, hello! Amateur artist reporting in. ...I think?

Postby Shibuyah-kun » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:15 am

Hello there, umm, my name is Colin--but you can just call me Shibuyah, at least until we get to know each other better. >w<

I'm a rookie all the way through, as I'm not too confident in my story-telling, or artistic skills, but I want to learn how to improve in these creative areas as best as I can; I've always adored video games since I was younger, and, a particular show about swat felines always held a soft spot within my heart, even though I couldn't clearly recall what it was until about...ten or so years ago, I think? Regardless, though, I've always liked the Swat Kats show, and setting, and, admittedly, got to the point where I even came up with a few of my own characters, that...ironically enough, aren't all kats, really. I know, humans really don't have a place in the SK world, but, I thought it would be an intriguing idea for a story of some kind, so...yeah. <w<;

Moving on though, I'm a really, really big video game fan, and have desired to create my own since I was little, and as of now, I'm taking a course in Video Game Design in technical college, so I think I've at least got my foot on the ground; I'm a bit ambitious at times, so the first game I want to make is an Action-RPG in the vein of the Tales of series of games. Other than games, I'm a bit of a soft, emotional sort, and I love to talk about just about anything with other people! Though, on that same note, I'm a bit shy sometimes, and I find myself worrying like crazy about how people might view the things I say; I've always been incredibly self-conscious.

But uh, anyways, it's nice to meet you, and I hope we can get along well. >w< Here are a couple examples of my sprite-work, fan-characters included. I'm uh, a little nervous about the reception to them, but, I hope they don't look too bad. One thing I do already know, though, is that I re-use the same type of poses for, well...all the characters I pixel; something I DESPERATELY need to work on. I can't say I have much practice with varying poses, or animation, but it's something that I really hope to learn, and figure out soon. ;w; The first two images are of two of the main characters from my video game idea, Wight Knight: Dawn's Rising, while the latter two are of, well...my OCs. I had fun designing them, and working on their appearances, but, I'm worried that their outfits might seem out of place compared to other characters in SK. If anyone ever wants to see their old sprites, or any of my old work, I don't mind sharing, though I admit I might be a bit embarrassed to. >w<;
Attachments
Clare Esteviel_ToVS style-big.gif
Clare Esteviel_ToVS style-big.gif (6.62 KiB) Viewed 927 times
Leila Noctisse ToVS-big.gif
Leila Noctisse ToVS-big.gif (3.31 KiB) Viewed 927 times
SK_OCs_-_Chase_Flora_Tina.gif
SK_OCs_-_Chase_Flora_Tina.gif (10.09 KiB) Viewed 927 times
Chase_Swat.gif
7 x

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Spain

Re: Um, hello! Amateur artist reporting in. ...I think?

Postby Cait » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:15 am

Welcome! It's always nice to see new fans :3

I think we have a lot in common... Except I'm very quiet XD Those sprites are awesome! And I would love to see that game when it is finished (more if it's similar to the Tales of series!).

I will see you around!

PD: if you are a Discord user, you can join us there too :3 https://discordapp.com/invite/4PAFb7G
0 x

Poecat
Fandom Veteran

Postby Poecat » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:43 am

Welcome to Megakat City! :3
3 x

Prettyshadowj26
Long-Term Resident

Postby Prettyshadowj26 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:25 am

Welcome Welcome it's an honor to meet you :D please make yourself comfortable BroFistIcon SKLogoIcon
3 x

marklungo
Fandom Veteran

Postby marklungo » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:54 pm

Glad to have you here, Sibuyah! Have fun on the forums! CallieIcon1
3 x
"Saturday is usually my morning to sleep in."

Shibuyah-kun
Just Moved In

Postby Shibuyah-kun » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:43 pm

@Cait:

D'aww, thank you, Cait--I can't really say I'm a new fan, as I've been a fan for a long time now, but, I'm definitely new here. I was a part of another Swat Kats forum, but, wound up going inactive due to, somehow, having my login information stop working; and when I checked last night, the site itself seemed to be gone, so, I tried to see if I could find anything, and found my way here. >w<

Admittedly, I get rather quiet, myself, mostly due to being shy, but, I become a bit of chatterbox with people I'm comfortable with. For uh, better or worse. >w<; As for the game, I'd love to show it off once I get to a point where I have some work on it done! I'll need some time, but I intend to make a tech demo, at least, one of these days. owo

@Poecat, Prettyshadowj26, and marklungo:

Thank you for the welcome, everyone, it really means a lot to me! I look forward to getting to know all of you, and I'm honored to meet you, too. ^w^
4 x

Ty-Chou
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Ty-Chou » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:12 pm

These sprites are cuuuuuute! And welcome to the board! I wish you good luck on your endeavor in the video game industry. Your sprite work is really nice so far. We've got a few sprite artists here that could probably give you some pointers. I still don't know how to even start making a sprite myself. Maybe one day.

Welcome again to the board. I look forward to see what you come up with. I'd love to see some Swat Kats related sprites in your style!
4 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:22 am

I gotta say, your stuff looks pretty cute. I like it. RazorHappyCait
2 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Rusakov
Long-Term Resident

Postby Rusakov » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:43 pm

Whoa! Long time no see man! :o

How's life been?

Edit: I was directing that to Shibuyah.
Last edited by Rusakov on Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Return to “Introductions”