"Crimestrikers"! Buy My Forthcoming, SWAT Kats-Influenced, Poecat-Containing RPG!

Anything non-SK related can be discussed here.
marklungo
Fandom Veteran
Flag: United States of America

"Crimestrikers"! Buy My Forthcoming, SWAT Kats-Influenced, Poecat-Containing RPG!

Postby marklungo » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:32 pm

Hello, fellow Megakat City residents! I created an RPG supplement called Crimestrikers that's coming out sometime this month! Here's an article about the game that describes the premise! Here's another article where I am interviewed! You should buy Crimestrikers for many reasons! And here they are!

1. Crimestrikers is heavily influenced by SWAT Kats. Not so much in the specifics. It's not set in an all-kat world (it's a multi-species world a la Tale Spin or Zootopia). There aren't just two main heroes (there's an ever-expanding team a la G.I. Joe). They're not vigilantes (they work for the setting's equivalent of Interpol). But if you like seeing badass furries fighting supervillains with the fate of the world at stake, with a lot of fun, adventure and humor along the way, then Crimestrikers is probably the closest you'll get to the feel of SWAT Kats until Revolution comes out.

2. Crimestrikers is created by SWAT Kats fans. First, there's little 'ol me--I created it, and I wrote everything except the game stats (which I've left to the experts at my publisher, Spectrum Games). Second, our own Cindy "Poecat" Ramey contributed a lot of excellent artwork, including the cover shown below. Third, Kooshmeister gave me a couple of suggestions.

3. Crimestrikers will be cheap! Spectrum will publish it as part of their Cartoon Action Hour franchise, a series of original games inspired by the toy-based adventure cartoons of the 80s like He-Man and Transformers. It'll be a downloadable PDF, not a physical book, which will keep costs down.

So while you're thinking it over, have a look at Cindy Ramey's great cover art. If that doesn't convince you, nothing will!

Last edited by marklungo on Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.
12 x
"Saturday is usually my morning to sleep in."

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Re: "Crimestrikers"! Buy My Forthcoming, SWAT Kats-Influenced, Poecat-Containing RPG!

Postby Kooshmeister » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:21 pm

That's great, Mark! RazorHappyCait
3 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

EricoBard
Long-Term Resident

Re: "Crimestrikers"! Buy My Forthcoming, SWAT Kats-Influenced, Poecat-Containing RPG!

Postby EricoBard » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:13 pm

Is this going to also be offered through DrivethruRPG?
3 x

marklungo
Fandom Veteran

Postby marklungo » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:51 pm

EricoBard wrote:Is this going to also be offered through DrivethruRPG?

I'm sure it will be, because they carry all Spectrum's other products.
3 x

Ty-Chou
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Ty-Chou » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:34 am

I have only a vague understanding of what this is exactly, but I think that's really cool that this project became a reality for you. That's really exciting! I hope it does well!
3 x

marklungo
Fandom Veteran

Postby marklungo » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:27 pm

Ty-Chou wrote:I have only a vague understanding of what this is exactly, but I think that's really cool that this project became a reality for you. That's really exciting! I hope it does well!

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, Ty! Thanks for the nice wishes! Anyway, here's a few paragraphs from the Crimestrikers game booklet that I hope will help you (and everyone else) understand the story better.

CRIMESTRIKERS SERIES DESCRIPTION

Welcome to Creaturia, the most dangerous world you'll ever love! It's a planet populated by humanoid, intelligent animals whose futuristic civilization blends the exotic and the familiar. Life is good for most of its citizens...

...but no world is perfect, and Creaturia has its criminals. The worst were imprisoned in an underground, ultra-secure reformatory called the Quarry—until a mass escape masterminded by evil genius Vance Coffin, who invited the escapees to join his crime syndicate Outrage. And there are plenty of non-Outrage villains spreading chaos and destruction.

Fortunately, CIPO, the Creaturian International Police Organization, has a special unit called the Crimestrikers to deal with these threats. This team of colorful, courageous experts is led by Diana Mastron, who is not only Vance Coffin's equal, but knows him better than anyone else. After all, she almost married him...
3 x

marklungo
Fandom Veteran

Postby marklungo » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:59 am

Season's Greetings from Creaturia! Spectrum Games tells me that due to unavoidable delays, the release of Crimestrikers has been rescheduled for 15 December, so get ready for an action-packed holiday full of fun and adventure!
5 x

Return to “General Discussion”