Question for those of you who write

Anything non-SK related can be discussed here.
Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
Flag: United States of America

Re: Question for those of you who write

Postby Kooshmeister » Sat May 14, 2016 11:18 pm

I generally just, well, y'know, write. My primary love is in character interaction and finding humor.
1 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Mikazo
Long-Term Resident

Postby Mikazo » Mon May 16, 2016 12:23 am

Thanks for the responses. I'm surprised this thread became active again. :)

Initially my concern was not that people heap gushing praise upon my little masterpiece (apropos as it may be!), but that people can *see* it. Spending a lot of time working on something and sharing it, only to have it fade out of view in a few hours, is somewhat disheartening.

(In retrospect, I don't think what I wrote is as great as I first took it to be. Its flaws are glaringly obvious now. The above self-aggrandizement and grandiosity is tongue-in-cheek.)

But at this point I think that's just how it goes any time you post stories. They get lost in the noise quickly unless you have other ways to share them with your target audience. I feel bad now for authors or artists who will create something really great, yet won't find an audience because what they create is lost among all the other stuff out there.
2 x

ulyferal
Just Moved In

Postby ulyferal » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:15 am

Though I have dropped out of the writing scene for the past three years, the six years preceding that were my most rewarding and productive writing years. Quite literally I was on fire to write my characters into any situation until I was drained of ideas. I stopped when I reached around 180 stories on SWAT Kats alone.

Now having been away for three years and not having written a word, I'm pleasantly surprised and pleased to see my work is still very actively read on ff.net. It warms my heart that my words capture an audience even now when I'm no longer active. When I was writing, it was the stories that captured me and my need to put them down on paper. The accolades were what kept me going. I miss that world and I hope to return to writing again but I'm going to have to dig back into the fandom to regain some inspiration.

The only advice I can give you is write for yourself and post your stories as you go. If what you write captures the attention of readers they will continue to come long after the story falls into the back pages. I do find that when a story captures the interest of SK bloggers you gain new notice when they highlight your work on their sites like what has happened to me from time to time on AOL, facebook, and the encyclopedia. Thus your name and stories are kept alive and brought to the attention of a new generation of SWAT Kat fans. RazorHappyCait
2 x

Return to “General Discussion”