Duck Tales 2017

Anything non-SK related can be discussed here.
Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: United States of America

Duck Tales 2017

Postby Felony » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:18 am

IMG_6247.JPG

Ah another old 'toon from my youth is getting a reboot. Duck Tales was greenlit in 2015 and will premiere in the summer of 2017 - 30 years after the original began airing. Gawd I feel old! LOL I was 9!

It's a whole new voice cast but seems all the same characters will be in it. I'm particularly pleased with David Tennant as the role of Scrooge. Alan Young passed and had been Scrooge's VA since Mickey's Christmas Carol in 1983 (2016 was a cruel year full of celebrity deaths...). The cast did an intro video while singing the old theme:

https://youtu.be/zZek9PFMYOw

There has also been a quick teaser shown on XD:

https://youtu.be/AWiSVVwQUmM

Not much else has been revealed, but so far it's looking pretty decent IMO. Looking forward to it.

IMG_6248.JPG
4 x
https://nova.swatkats.info - SWAT Kats: Nova Squadron
https://darkkat.com - Dark Kat’s Doomsday Page
https://felonykat.com - Class A Felony

Jacob1290
Raccoon with a pen

Re: Duck Tales 2017

Postby Jacob1290 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:15 am

LIFE IS LIKE A HURRICANE
1 x
If there's a will, There's a way. #LoveWins
I got myself a medal of honor just by sitting in the dark drawing
Website HERE >> http://swatkats.net/ <<
ImageImage

SVMON94
Resident
Flag: Finland

Postby SVMON94 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:12 am

Oh hey something from disney that i would actually care about! Nice! I saw ducktales as a kid. The finnish dub we got was actually pretty damn good. I will probably take a look at this when it releases.
1 x
I ship felina x callie with a burning passion.

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Spain

Postby Cait » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:02 pm

Those memories... I had some good times before going to school watching the show, along with Digimon, Goofy Troop and Darwing Duck xD Those were good times for cartoons where they didn't care about how it looked, but about how it sounded too! Every episode of each show had a lesson to teach us ᶘ ^ᴥ^ᶅ
1 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:28 pm

Me being me, the coolest thing there is the super cartoony Land Rover 88" Series II Station Wagon. :lol:
1 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Swatkatfan21
Long-Term Resident

Postby Swatkatfan21 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:30 am

I can't wait to see the rebirth of Duck Tales it was a gem of my childhood. Don't know how many hours I put into the old school Nintendo game and the remake. When they put up the first new episode I'm going to watch it sitting on the floor with a bowl of cereal. Mind you it will be almond milk and protein cereal, but it'll be close enough to the good ol' days.

Digging the art style as well! Best part is how Dewey is getting ready to throw a spear back at their attackers. Like a boss! 8-)
1 x

NeeKnight
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Great Britain

Postby NeeKnight » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:36 am

Felony wrote:Ah another old 'toon from my youth is getting a reboot. Duck Tales was greenlit in 2015 and will premiere in the summer of 2017 - 30 years after the original began airing. Gawd I feel old! LOL I was 9!
It's a whole new voice cast but seems all the same characters will be in it. I'm particularly pleased with David Tennant as the role of Scrooge. Alan Young passed and had been Scrooge's VA since Mickey's Christmas Carol in 1983 (2016 was a cruel year full of celebrity deaths...).
Not much else has been revealed, but so far it's looking pretty decent IMO. Looking forward to it.

Aye Image 2016 really was cruel in just how many it took. Lets hope 2017 is better Image At least Alan Young was able to reprise his role in the remake of the DuckTales Game in 2013, it was a real delight to hear that scottish brogue.
I love the idea of David Tennant lending his voice to the role, a native Scot playing Scrooge and all that. He should be able to keep the accent straight at least. XD I just hope he was cast because he was right for the role and not because he was just the first celeb they could think of from Scotland.
2 x

NeeKnight
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Great Britain

Postby NeeKnight » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:17 pm

UPDATE: WooOoo

Me and my brother just watched this and they almost lost us when they messed with the theme song but then that ending swooped in at the very end to save it XD I am still a little uneasy with the new voices but I can adjust.
3 x

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident

Postby MoDaD » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:27 pm

You used to be a big deal

Ha!

If the trailer is accurately representative of the show, I think I might enjoy this. The humor and tone's obviously been heavily re-tuned to fit a more contemporary outlook (akin to some of the programs you see on Cartoon Network, definitely some Pendleton Ward inspiration in play there), but the whole 60s world of adventure style looks really great (to me, anyway). I can understand if some purists don't like it, but as someone who grew up watching the original in the early 90s, I think that trailer was a nice blend of nostalgia mixed with something new. Just have to watch a few episodes to know for sure :lol:
1 x

Cody Furlong
Resident

Postby Cody Furlong » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:27 pm

I remember watching that as a kit, Launchpad was always my favorite. While I can't say much for the animation style, I' till watch it to see Launchpad, and hear David Tennant's voice.
1 x
You search and search for something, never realizing it is within and always has been. You can not find it, you can not understand it, you simply accept, and believe, and it will grow.
- Heretic's Faith, Randall N. Bills

Return to “General Discussion”