Worst products you have ever seen

Anything non-SK related can be discussed here.
SVMON94
Resident
Flag: Finland

Worst products you have ever seen

Postby SVMON94 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:27 am

So,have you ever seen some really horrible item in a commercial or something else and tought who the heck approved this item going on sale,by all means share your expiriences.
I'll start off with something that reminded me of swat kats for some reason:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiHBFGHLt6c
1 x
I ship felina x callie with a burning passion.

Leon Mane
Resident
Flag: United States of America

Re: Worst products you have ever seen

Postby Leon Mane » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:44 am

No links, but there's a show (no longer making new episodes) called World's Dumbest. They showed commercials for some pretty weird stuff. Like the Quick Sip. It's a water fountain, that you put on your sink's faucet. Apparently the creator hadn't ever heard of cups, or drinking glasses, and was raised to think one could only ever cup water in their hand to get a drink, and thought a water fountain was their own revolutionary invention.

And any commercial that starts like: do you ever have trouble with *insert effortlessly simple task here*? The name escapes me, but one commercial had what amounts to a barber's apron with a big pouch on the bottom. The task it 'helps' with? Eating. Couldn't make this up if I had a month to try. The commercial? Guy sits in a car, looking like he's daydreaming, mind's a billion miles away, and he has a hot dog. He lifts it up, and for some reason, as he's going in for a bite, he tilts it down and, there's no other way to describe it, throws the hot dog onto his shirt. How did he get his driver's license?
1 x

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Spain

Postby Cait » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:44 pm

Here is a parody of these ads. It's in spanish and youtube translator is not very accurated, but i'm sure you can understand it very well xD If not... see it a compilation of stupid "have this happened to you while [task]?" RazLaugh

1 x

LowdogCraft
Filled with Determination

Postby LowdogCraft » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:08 pm

Honestly, most of the ads that are referred to as "As Seen on TV" ads usually have weird or cool products that don't work a lot of the time. In fact, sometimes even things you don't see on TV are kind of stupid too! There are several videos by Danger Dolan that touch on this topic pretty well. I'll link them here, but there is some swearing, as well as some... interesting wording in them, just in case that might be a trigger. RazHappy

1 x
~Lowdog002
Artist, Musician, Writer, Gamer and
LGBTQ+ Supporter
also i'm bi
"Knowing the mouse might one day leave its hole and get the cheese... It fills you with determination."
Icon by @menacing-marshmallow on Tumblr

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Cait » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:41 pm

LowdogCraft wrote:There are several videos by Danger Dolan that touch on this topic pretty well.

You made my day XD
Baby mop... LOL with that one TboneLaughCait
Shoe umbrellas, hand underwears... Humanity has a great ability to humillate themselves RazDumbfounded
And please, cat wigs... CAT WIGS! Just to be sure humans don't humillate themselves alone.
1 x

Leon Mane
Resident

Postby Leon Mane » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:12 pm

Japan had some weird ones. A headband with cat ears, but it could sense small electrical signals in your scalp, somehow, and the wearer could make the ears move. So others could tell if you're happy or sad, apparently. Or how about a belt, with a large lizard tail, because... I guess the creator wanted to see how many people would buy it?

One that sits on a line between stupid and kind of interesting, is a pair of pants with a small mesh pouch on the back. You can use it to carry things, or put a small inflatable pillow and use it to sit wherever you want, say a large rock while hiking. The Pilko Pump Pants, created, designed, and sold by Karl Pilkington, the (regularly abused and long suffering) star of Idiot Abroad.
1 x

Rusakov
Long-Term Resident

Postby Rusakov » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:24 pm

Do TV shows count?

RazDumbfounded

And this came hot on the heels of Stuart Snyder cancelling what was the best show Cartoon Network had in over half a decade.

I will never forgive Stupid Snyder for his crappy management. RazEnraged
1 x

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Cait » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:01 pm

Rusakov wrote:Do TV shows count?

RazDumbfounded

And this came hot on the heels of Stuart Snyder cancelling what was the best show Cartoon Network had in over half a decade.

I will never forgive Stupid Snyder for his crappy management. RazEnraged

Actually, I have ONE thing to say: Dora the explorer, you're now second on my "worst cartoon TV shows ever seen" list.
2 x

LAKenji
Just Moved In
Flag: Columbia

Postby LAKenji » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:13 pm

There was in my country a soda pop brand that released a version called "Ice" with an horrible menthol taste.
Gladfully, the company stopped to produce it after some months.
1 x

Leon Mane
Resident

Postby Leon Mane » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:07 pm

Bowser Beer. Beer, for your dog. Comes in chicken and beef flavor. No alcohol, but now you can drink with your best friend. Opposite, wine, for cats.

How about the Redneck Beer Holster? A belt with six beer cozies. Maybe the Freedom Flask, a pouch you fill with whatever you want, but most likely beer or something stronger. You wear this bladder of booze on your belly, under your shirt, and a nozzle on the front lets you get a quick drink without having to pay five bucks for watered down PBR.
1 x

Return to “General Discussion”