I'm worried

Anything non-SK related can be discussed here.
Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Spain

Re: I'm worried

Postby Cait » Fri May 26, 2017 12:39 am

There he is RazorHappyCait

Welcome back! RazTaunt
3 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
Flag: United States of America

Postby Kooshmeister » Fri May 26, 2017 5:37 am

Thanks! Heh, I guess I ought to explain what happened. Well, on the 11th of this month, my Internet just konked out. My computer still worked, but it refused to connect to the Internet. Thinking it was a problem with the computer (someone at Spectrum suggested it was bad drivers), I did a complete wipe and reset of the computer, sacrificing all my files (ugh!), but this didn't fix the issue. A good friend of mine had a laptop he no longer needed, and so he sent it to me. But that, too, refused to connect to the Internet, because my modem didn't have WiFi capabilities! So Spectrum sent a new modem which had WiFi. That worked. It turned out the problem was the old modem; it just didn't work anymore. Now I have two computers, a desktop and a laptop, and both (more or less) connect to the Internet just fine with the new modem.
2 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Spain

Postby Cait » Fri May 26, 2017 2:12 pm

It's always the same, why to bother checking everything when you can just say "everything is fine"? Seriously, companies should care more about their actual costumers than just getting more. If their employers does not got enough experienced to just go saying it's a driver problem... come on, it's not hard to guess that's not the problem if it has been working till now. Every issue with internet suddenly not working HAS a fix that doesn't involve messing with the PC parts and it's drivers. It could be the case if there is an update involved by the company side, but that again, is a problem from their side, not the costumer. But again, drivers!? Come on... This sets me off everytime I hear about it RazorAnnoyedCait Anyway... I'm glad it's solved now. I just expect they didn't charge you with another bill just for getting a new router even knowing THAT was the problem to begin with. Now you could be able to do some more things with your second computer if it's for you to keep. Give it a good use RazorHappyCait
2 x

Prettyshadowj26
Long-Term Resident

Postby Prettyshadowj26 » Fri May 26, 2017 5:38 pm

At least you're ok
1 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Fri May 26, 2017 7:04 pm

Cait wrote:Anyway... I'm glad it's solved now.

Me too. TboneLaughCait

Cait wrote:I just expect they didn't charge you with another bill just for getting a new router even knowing THAT was the problem to begin with.

The guy I spoke to didn't say it cost anything. But I suspect it'll be on my next bill...

Cait wrote:Now you could be able to do some more things with your second computer if it's for you to keep.

Yep, it is. My friend sent it to me to replace what we thought was a bad computer, so it was mine to keep even before I figured out it wasn't the old computer but the modem.

Prettyshadowj26 wrote:At least you're ok

Thanks. RazorHappyCait
1 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Felony » Sat May 27, 2017 12:14 am

Ugh Spectrum... I feel your pain. They always blame it on your equipment. Had a similar experience with X-Box and Time Warner (who Spectrum now has). Both claimed it was the other causing the problem. It ended up being Time Warner changed our speed without informing us which resulted in a modem upgrade. -_-;
1 x
^www^ <-- This is my happy evil megalomaniac face.
Class A Felony
DarkKatFury

Return to “General Discussion”