Unfortunate news

Anything non-SK related can be discussed here.
Rusakov
Long-Term Resident
Flag: United States of America

Unfortunate news

Postby Rusakov » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:27 pm

Due to ongoing technical difficulties and life in general I will not be making SWAT Kats AMVs for the indefinite future.

Since I don't want to leave all of you hanging on that Metallikats vid I was working on, this was the piece I was going to use:

1 x

Jiesi
Long-Term Resident

Re: Unfortunate news

Postby Jiesi » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:55 pm

I'm so sorry. I know how frustrating things can be. You have a vision of something you want to do and every turn you make there's something that tries to hold you back. I hope things will get better for you soon. Worst case, blast threw lifes problems, villen style MKIcon well metaphorically .
And it does sound like the perfect music for them too.
2 x
Will work for bubble tea...despite needing money... crazymadkat

Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Felony » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:41 pm

Did you have anything in-progress made of the video to go with the music?
2 x
^www^ <-- This is my happy evil megalomaniac face.
Class A Felony
DarkKatFury

Rusakov
Long-Term Resident

Postby Rusakov » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:00 pm

Felony wrote:Did you have anything in-progress made of the video to go with the music?

About 1 second of footage.

I think I just need to rest for a while. Maybe then I'll be ready to continue on. FeralIcon
1 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:59 am

I'm very sorry to hear. I hope things improve for you.
2 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Prettyshadowj26
Long-Term Resident

Postby Prettyshadowj26 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:15 am

Awww I'm sorry to hear that I hope you make it soon
2 x

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident

Postby MoDaD » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:29 am

Felony wrote:Did you have anything in-progress made of the video to go with the music?

I don't think I like what you're insinuating with that question, Felony. SteeleIcon

It's almost as if you're subtly implying that this is the opposite of a good faith declaration: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=694#p9059

I have no doubt that a lot of time and effort has been spent on the OP's project.

Rusakov wrote:About 1 second of footage.

See?

And, that must've been some second. CoolIcon

Alas, we may never know what wonders the world has been denied by this truly unfortunate news. KittyEyesChanceIcon

Please, take all the time you need, and perhaps someday, that second can be recovered... and dare I say (though hopefully this isn't putting too much pressure on you, so please don't take it as such) maybe even 2 seconds* can be accomplished.

*I realize that's a 200% increase, so it may not be a realistic goal.

But in all seriousness, thank you for this post, Rusakov. Your comedic timing is excellent, and it really brightened my day TboneLaughCait

Rest up, get things taken care of IRL, and come back ready-to-go with some exciting AMVs when you're ready BroFistIcon
1 x

Rusakov
Long-Term Resident

Postby Rusakov » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:15 am

I was a pretty stressed out wreck until just a few days ago. Plus the editor turned out to be too unstable still (I'm using a non-Mac-non-WIndows operating system so choices are limited). I'll have to move my files onto a Windows laptop I buried in my closet.

I wasn't aiming to be funny but you're welcome. *Disability makes it hard to know whether someone is being humorous or not* RazConfused

I guess I posted this because I feel like I need to explain why I'm not delivering on things I promise. SteeleSweatDropIcon
1 x

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident

Postby MoDaD » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:26 am

Rusakov wrote:I wasn't aiming to be funny but you're welcome.

My apologies. My sense of humor is a little off-beat at times. Madkatlaughing

Rusakov wrote:I guess I posted this because I feel like I need to explain why I'm not delivering on things I promise. SteeleSweatDropIcon

That's fine. Take care of what you need to.

And, you're not wrong about video editing options on what I'm assuming is an open source platform/operating system. I guess there's stuff like FOSS and Lightworks... but they seem like a nightmare to get working. If you want something usable, you're pretty much stuck with Windows or macOS. I usually just bite the bullet and go with Premiere (used to use Final Cut). But, everyone knows that all true professionals use Avid RazorHappyCait

There's this application (DaVinci Resolve 14), which I just now learned about, which has a Linux version and is purportedly free: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/produc ... ciresolve/
1 x

Jiesi
Long-Term Resident

Postby Jiesi » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:53 am

Rusakov wrote:I was a pretty stressed out wreck until just a few days ago. Plus the editor turned out to be too unstable still (I'm using a non-Mac-non-WIndows operating system so choices are limited). I'll have to move my files onto a Windows laptop I buried in my closet.

I wasn't aiming to be funny but you're welcome. *Disability makes it hard to know whether someone is being humorous or not* RazConfused

I guess I posted this because I feel like I need to explain why I'm not delivering on things I promise. SteeleSweatDropIcon

I agree It is hard to know online when someone uses humor or not and even in person depending on the person if they're trying to be funny. My dad was like that and my mom always took it the wrong way which is probably why things didn't really work out lol.
But hang in there take one thing at a time, do what you can handle and lean on support for when you need it. Hopefully there's someone you can find to lean on. And don't forget to do something that relaxes you just to be good to yourself.
1 x
Will work for bubble tea...despite needing money... crazymadkat

Return to “General Discussion”