Unfortunate news

Anything non-SK related can be discussed here.
Rusakov
Long-Term Resident
Flag: United States of America

Re: Unfortunate news

Postby Rusakov » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:41 am

MoDaD wrote:And, you're not wrong about video editing options on what I'm assuming is an open source platform/operating system. I guess there's stuff like FOSS and Lightworks... but they seem like a nightmare to get working. If you want something usable, you're pretty much stuck with Windows or macOS. I usually just bite the bullet and go with Premiere (used to use Final Cut). But, everyone knows that all true professionals use Avid RazorHappyCait

There's this application (DaVinci Resolve 14), which I just now learned about, which has a Linux version and is purportedly free: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/produc ... ciresolve/

Neat! Though I think I'll keep that in mind as a last resort. I'm going to see if I can get my old standby editor to work on my other laptop first. RazSilly
1 x

Rusakov
Long-Term Resident

Postby Rusakov » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:21 pm

Okay so I'm not getting things working on my other laptop (it's a piece of crud, It chokes just browsing the web, WITH uBlock Origin!). I'm still leaving DaVinci as a last resort due to email being required to download (I've had enough grief with inbox stuffing before, more is not wanted!).

I may have one last option beforehand. I'll update when possible.
0 x

Rusakov
Long-Term Resident

Postby Rusakov » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:14 pm

Neither Windows 10 transfer worked nor DaVinci.

I guess I'll wait for OpenShot to improve. So a few months probably.
0 x

Jiesi
Long-Term Resident

Postby Jiesi » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:28 pm

Can you pinpoint if it's a hardware or software issue? I wish I could help. There's nothing more frustrating then wanting to put your computer on a catapult
1 x
Will work for bubble tea...despite needing money... crazymadkat

Rusakov
Long-Term Resident

Postby Rusakov » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:48 am

Jiesi wrote:Can you pinpoint if it's a hardware or software issue? I wish I could help. There's nothing more frustrating then wanting to put your computer on a catapult

It seems LightWorks is installing correctly. More news later in the week on this.
0 x

Return to “General Discussion”