S1E01 - The Pastmaster Always Rings Twice

Threads dedicated to the discussion of individual episodes. Everything from casual observations to in-depth analysis welcome.
Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
Flag: United States of America

Re: S1E01 - The Pastmaster Always Rings Twice

Postby Kooshmeister » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:48 am

"Flip" was another name I toyed with giving to the Sergeant. Why? Because I remembered the grasshopper from Maya the Bee.
0 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Megasaurus Rex
Just Moved In
Flag: India

Postby Megasaurus Rex » Mon May 30, 2016 10:51 pm

This episode is one of my favourites, mostly for the Megasaurus Rex. Ironically, it was what turned me into a fan of the show in the first place all those years back, when I was 9 or so. I was a huge dinosaur enthusiast back then (and still am), and I thought this was a real dinosaur species and spent countless hours looking over in books and later the Internet about it. It was only years later that I realized it’s a fictional species. :lol: I remember having big debates with a friend about whether it died in the tar pits or not. I liked it so much that I began creating a whole set of comics featuring this dinosaur as a protagonist named Brosder. :lol: The good old days.

That’s how I slowly began watching the series and loved it as a whole. In this episode, I too like the proper depiction of the enforcers and the “volcano hoppin’” scenes by the SWAT Kats.
2 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Tue May 31, 2016 10:40 am

Megasaurus Rex wrote:I remember having big debates with a friend about whether it died in the tar pits or not.

He's never shown sinking any further than he's at when the Pastmaster is snatched off of his head, so as long as his nostrils were above the tar, he ought to be fine. It'd be interesting if they tranquilized him and dug him out to go on display somewhere.
2 x

Megasaurus Rex
Just Moved In
Flag: India

Postby Megasaurus Rex » Tue May 31, 2016 12:25 pm

Funnily I actually had a dream a few years back, of just that... the Enforcers tranquilizing it and pulling it out of the tar using 5-6 choppers with ropes. :P I'm trying to write a little fanfic on this just for fun.
0 x

Jiesi
Resident

Postby Jiesi » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:33 pm

I was just thinking of the ending, how they only had one min to blast the pastmaster out of the clock tower. It would of been funny if day light savings time played a roll in it and they actually had an hour.
0 x
Will work for bubble tea...despite needing money... crazymadkat

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:02 am

And ironically, they did exactly the opposite of what Callie said; they didn't target the Pastmaster, they shot the clock, despite never being told it was at all important. Either that, or "sureshot" missed and just got really lucky. TboneLaughCait
1 x

Return to “Episode Discussion”