S1E02 - The Giant Bacteria

Threads dedicated to the discussion of individual episodes. Everything from casual observations to in-depth analysis welcome.
MoDaD
Janitor
Flag: United States of America

Re: S1E02 - The Giant Bacteria

Postby MoDaD » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:13 pm

Kooshmeister wrote:Where would I put them? They're quite long.

You can send them my way and I'll get them up.
0 x
SKLogoIcon Your Most Complete Source For All Things SWAT Kats Since 1999
The MEGA SWAT Kast | Discord | @TheSWATKats | YouTube Channel | The SWAT Kats Encyclopedia | Fandom Awards | Avatar by Kanogetz | @_MoDaD_
My schedule's been VERY inundated as of late. If I don't reply to you in a timely fashion please accept my apologies in advance. Thank you for your understanding!

MoDaD
Janitor

Postby MoDaD » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:06 am

1 x
SKLogoIcon Your Most Complete Source For All Things SWAT Kats Since 1999
The MEGA SWAT Kast | Discord | @TheSWATKats | YouTube Channel | The SWAT Kats Encyclopedia | Fandom Awards | Avatar by Kanogetz | @_MoDaD_
My schedule's been VERY inundated as of late. If I don't reply to you in a timely fashion please accept my apologies in advance. Thank you for your understanding!

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:48 pm

Minor boo-boo - I referred to the train motorman as a conductor. Contrary to popular belief, conductors aren't the drivers; they're the ones who see to passengers' needs, check tickets, etc. An engineer or motorman drives the train. Can you fix that?
0 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

zaba11
Resident

Postby zaba11 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:03 pm

Hi everyone , im now here.
I begin watch Swat Kats, in this year, and never hear about show before.
But i realy like it, and here is question:
If kats drinks milk insted alcohol, so when Dr Viper attack cow's farm, so that mean he attack "alcohol factory"?
If yes, why nobody protect that place, if is importat for kats, should care about it, and control that by law.
0 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:38 pm

Maybe they were beef cattle, and therefore less important than dairy cattle?
0 x

zaba11
Resident

Postby zaba11 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:03 am

That sound logic, and here is fact what nobody see, why kat's have a vertical open's door in cars?
That take long time to open and close, so there is lower chance to trash they tail's.
0 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:45 am

I believe the style is called gull-wing, and not all the cars have them.
0 x

Ty-Chou
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Ty-Chou » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:48 am

Sorry guys, this one is long. And with screen caps cuz I'm having too much fun with this. I still didn't even cover everything.

I totally agree with what has been said with Morbulus. He really should have had at least one episode to himself before the show offs him. It is pretty impressive to see a show actually kill off a villain. But it would have been more poignant if we were to have known a bit more about the guy first. How did he become a pilot? Where did he get his plane? What's his deal with blowing up all the refineries? What is his goal? Does any of that have ANYTHING to do with his eye mutation?

The “Dunk or Deliver” thing really makes this feel like this is one of the Swat Kat's earlier missions. I think they're a little bit full of themselves and their success so far. They feel like they can do no wrong and they get caught up in the excitement of what they're doing. (you can also see how they treat it like a game when they get back to the hanger and Chance says “fun's over”) They're really not thinking things through. What if Morbulus didn't get away? What if he drowned instead? No, it wasn't responsible of them and they weren't really thinking. And I think it's okay they made this mistake. It's okay that heroes make mistakes- though I wish the show would have realized it and made it more of a learning experience for them.

I also would have liked to see Callie disappointed in this as well. She drives on scene to just about every Swat Kats sighting early in this show. I like to think it's because while she does trust them, she kinda feels like she has to keep tabs on them when they first show up in the city. If anything goes wrong because of them, she feels responsible. I didn't like her defending them to Feral in this particular instance.

When Chance talks to Callie and she talks about the Swat Kats, it seems she's a bit smitten with them. This is probably why she defended them to Feral. They're still shiny and new to her and can do no wrong in her eyes. She, too, can make her mistakes.

For the first time, I noticed that the garage is actually called Jake and Chance's garage. I had never noticed that sign before.

When Morbulus is mutated, I wonder if it affected him like that because of mutated properties in his body specifically, or would it have mutated any kat it touched? Was Morbulus specifically needed for Viper's plan to work? And why does Morbulus help him after Viper mutates him? He can talk during the mutation, but he doesn't ever talk again.

But Viper's swamp tree house is pretty neat. It would have been fun to see this used again.

When the bacteria attacks, a random gray kat runs by and then same kat is seen with a camera instead of Anne's usual camera guy. Then we see the usual camera guy again. And while I haven't seen all the eps in a while, this episode is the only time I recall seeing the sky red. Does this mean it's dusk? Anyone else recall when the sky was this magenta color?

I do love that scene of Razor blasting out of the subway on his cyclotron. There's a sweet animated gif of it on here somewhere. And hot babe on the subway.

And now we are at Megakat labs. WHY did Viper have his monster tear up the city when they could have just gone all the way to the manhole cover outside the labs? Then Feral wouldn't be there waiting for them with TANKS. I forgot how adorable Dr. Zyme is. And Dr. Viper's line: “You were always an arrogant fool, Dr. Zyme” suggests even here the writers knew Dr. Viper's origins were intertwined with Dr. Zyme. (Also, seems to infer that Viper knew exactly what Zyme would use to fight the bacteria so he made sure his monster was immune from Zyme from the get go.) That kind of impressed me. I love this show, but it doesn't really feel like they ever thought ahead with it.

I don't know if Dr. Zyme actually died in this episode. The bacteria reaches for him, but then it's also swiping at the at the Enforcer chopper and it takes its arm OUT of the building to do so. Zyme could have bailed at that point.

And I LOVE the scene where T-Bone flies the Turbokat through the side of the building. I don't even care are ridiculous it is. He jumps down and picks Callie up in one arm and it is awesome and my inner fangirl squees. And then he points to Razor who has this giant bazooka. They are awesome and I love it.

Viper blows up the building (probably leaving empty handed for all his efforts. Was it worth it Viper? Viper looks at the huge mess he's made and says it totally was.) And this is SO hilarious to me to see Feral in a chopper talking to Callie through a megaphone. The whole city can hear him ream the Swat Kats. I don't know why this is so funny to me, but it is.
0 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:52 am

Ty-Chou wrote:Was Morbulus specifically needed for Viper's plan to work?

Probably not; I think whatever Viper poured on him would've worked regardless of who it was. Morbulus was jost a convenient subject for him. The only difference if he'd used someone else as the base for the creature would be it would've only had two eyes and consequently only could've divided once. It's up in the air whether Viper was aware it could do this prior to the first time it divides.

Ty-Chou wrote:And why does Morbulus help him after Viper mutates him?

Because all of Dr. Viper's monsters listen to him unquestioningly (he says as much in Destructive Nature), and the bacteria monster(s) are no exception. Fully mutated, Morbulus is a mindless eating machine subservient to Viper.

Ty-Chou wrote:And while I haven't seen all the eps in a while, this episode is the only time I recall seeing the sky red.

It's also red in The Ghost Pilot.

Ty-Chou wrote:Does this mean it's dusk?

I also assumed it was morning, personally. But it can go either way; reddish skies seem to imply dawn or dusk in Megakat City.

Ty-Chou wrote:And now we are at Megakat labs. WHY did Viper have his monster tear up the city when they could have just gone all the way to the manhole cover outside the labs?

A very good question, and one I brought up, I believe, in my own review. :lol:

Ty-Chou wrote:I don't know if Dr. Zyme actually died in this episode. The bacteria reaches for him, but then it's also swiping at the at the Enforcer chopper and it takes its arm OUT of the building to do so. Zyme could have bailed at that point.

People seem torn as to whether he did or didn't. Depending on my mood, I can go either way. If he did die, it'd be a terrible waste, considering what a well-rounded character he is (not here, mind you; here, he's basically just set dressing, but The Origin of Dr. Viper really developed him quite well). He's one of my favorite characters, anyway, as you can tell from my avatar. :D
0 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:09 pm

Apropos of nothing...

Beef! It's what's for din--

Dr. Viper: Breakfassst! :twisted:

Oh, I forgot. Security guards are dinner. Cows and farmers are breakfast. Gotcha, Dr. V.
0 x

Return to “Episode Discussion”