S1E05 - The Metallikats

Threads dedicated to the discussion of individual episodes. Everything from casual observations to in-depth analysis welcome.
NightSlayer2
Just Moved In
Flag: Canada

Re: S1E05 - The Metallikats

Postby NightSlayer2 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:47 am

You know, we're never going to know if Manx is good or evil since the show was cancelled.
0 x

Leon Mane
Resident
Flag: United States of America

Postby Leon Mane » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:16 pm

I doubt Manx was corrupt. Just incompetent, cowardly, and easily swayed by public opinion if it meant higher points in future polls. Part of me wonders if he was at least slightly based on Donald Trump. Most of his ideas as a business man went over like a lead balloon, and he was more concerned with his public image than just about anything else. He even had a building made, spent tons of money on it, and praised it, despite it being both cursed and unnecessarily large. And then there's the wig. I rest my case.
1 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:34 pm

NightSlayer2 wrote:You know, we're never going to know if Manx is good or evil since the show was cancelled.

Who said Manx was evil? Corrupt doesn't necessarily mean evil. :lol:
1 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Swatkatfan21
Long-Term Resident

Postby Swatkatfan21 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:55 am

MoDaD wrote:Perhaps he suffers from some kind of senility, or perhaps his detached outlook has always been an aspect of his personality.

As for the bodies... my guess is that they're still in Hackle's lab, most likely in some kind of cryogenic storage.

I always thought Hackle high intelligence had an affect on how he saw right and wrong. He seemed like the kind of person who feltvlike an idea from someone as smart as himself could never be wrong.

I have two friends who remind me of Hackle as they are too smart for their own good. Let's just say if I ever start to kill over I hope it's not with them around. Last things I would hear are: 'There's still time to operate,' and 'that's just the part I need!'

Which would result in me waking up with my head in a jar hooked to a robot gorilla body. "We made you better Justin!" *ding* "and the bagel toaster we installed in your chest works wonderfully!"

The Swat Kats were lucky they only had one super smart guy whose IQ obscured right and wrong. I'm stuck with two. Sigh, I just hope they don't turn me into a human-robot-gorilla-butler.
2 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:19 pm

These backgrounds are never used in the episode:

The first isn't explicitly identified as coming from The Metallikats, but Cartoon Network's website included it with that episode's model sheets and backgrounds. It appears as through the beginning was originally different, with the opening shot(s) being the Metallikat Express driving into the city (with Mac probably hitting the welcome sign), before then cutting to the mobsters smuggling catnip in the tuna factory.

The other two are angles of the tuna factory we're never shown.
1 x

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Spain

Postby Cait » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:20 am

Kooshmeister wrote:Image
...Metallikat Express driving into the city (with Mac probably hitting the welcome sign)...

That would be funny to see TboneLaughCait
1 x

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident

Postby MoDaD » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:55 pm

Some more .gifs, this time with a theme, pressin' buttons:

3 x

Mikazo
Long-Term Resident

Postby Mikazo » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Leon Mane wrote:I doubt Manx was corrupt. Just incompetent, cowardly, and easily swayed by public opinion if it meant higher points in future polls. Part of me wonders if he was at least slightly based on Donald Trump. Most of his ideas as a business man went over like a lead balloon, and he was more concerned with his public image than just about anything else. He even had a building made, spent tons of money on it, and praised it, despite it being both cursed and unnecessarily large. And then there's the wig. I rest my case.

Hmm! That's an interesting idea. I'm not sure whether Manx is really based on Trump or not. It could be that any similarities are coincidental.

However, here's an idea for a scene that could work: Mayor Manx has a press conference or something coming up shortly, and he has lost his toupee. He is running all over the place trying to find it, becoming increasingly anxious and desperate. He finally gives up and pulls out another toupee - one that looks like Donald Trump's hair. Right after he puts it on, he unwittingly displays all of Trump's mannerisms during the press conference. :)
1 x

Leon Mane
Resident

Postby Leon Mane » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:00 am

Mikazo wrote:
Leon Mane wrote:I doubt Manx was corrupt. Just incompetent, cowardly, and easily swayed by public opinion if it meant higher points in future polls. Part of me wonders if he was at least slightly based on Donald Trump. Most of his ideas as a business man went over like a lead balloon, and he was more concerned with his public image than just about anything else. He even had a building made, spent tons of money on it, and praised it, despite it being both cursed and unnecessarily large. And then there's the wig. I rest my case.

Hmm! That's an interesting idea. I'm not sure whether Manx is really based on Trump or not. It could be that any similarities are coincidental.

However, here's an idea for a scene that could work: Mayor Manx has a press conference or something coming up shortly, and he has lost his toupee. He is running all over the place trying to find it, becoming increasingly anxious and desperate. He finally gives up and pulls out another toupee - one that looks like Donald Trump's hair. Right after he puts it on, he unwittingly displays all of Trump's mannerisms during the press conference. :)

Trump with a Scottish/Irish/Scotirish accent... I'd watch that episode. 'Ye're all goonna love this new building, trust meh. It's goonna be tremendahs. Yes... It'll be the best building anyone's evah seen. It'll be a tremendahs success, and it'll be the ninth wonder of the world, better than all the rest, trust meh."

Oh, and now that Trump has a sudden urge to golf every weekend.
2 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:28 pm

I think I figured out what Hackle did with Mac and Molly's bodies; he put them somewhere where they'd be found, probably further down the beach from his house. Remember, everyone was certain they were dead, and you aren't that certain without bodies (even Feral walked back his initial assumption that Morbulus had drowned).
0 x

Return to “Episode Discussion”