S2E23 - Unlikely Alloys

Threads dedicated to the discussion of individual episodes. Everything from casual observations to in-depth analysis welcome.
Leon Mane
Resident
Flag: United States of America

Re: S2E23 - Unlikely Alloys

Postby Leon Mane » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:13 am

Personally, I've always wondered about why the Metallikats would bother robbing the mint. It sort of doesn't make sense, since they have no use for money for any reason. They don't eat, they can try to steal whatever they need for power to recharge, and it's not like they can't go back to Hackle for repairs. That's the only part, and it sort of turns the episode's plot into an excuse. They rob the mint for no discernible reason, Molly gets badly damaged, Mac loses an arm, Mac sees a commercial that lets him repair himself and Molly, and naturally it turns into another monster of the week sort of episode.

Then there's how Zed repairs the Metallikats. All we see is wire tentacles with clamps taking parts away and then putting them back in place, shiny and new, there's no explanation as to what's going on as to how he does it, doubly so as to how he does it so fast. Then there's his AI evolution going straight to evil after repairing the Metallikats. Does that mean Zed would have probably turned vigilante for repairing the stealth unit for the SWAT Kats? It's a good episode, but to me, the plot doesn't seem to really stand on its own without the random robbery of the building by the Metallikats, let alone how they came back from being deactivated. It raises a lot of questions.
0 x

thelastmemory
Long-Term Resident

Postby thelastmemory » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:42 pm

I love this episode, but at the same time it's also kind of bitter sweet. It's the last episode of the series, so the first time I watched it, I kept thinking to myself "Aww, after this there's no more."

Still, a great episode regardless. The animation is superb. I like the storyline with the Metalikats. They were my favorite villains before Turmoil came along, so the character development in this episode with them actually caring about each other in spite of all the bickering was really sweet. There were some pretty cool twists too and the momentum kept building with them. I love the ending too, where T-bone narrowly (literally by a second) stops Greenbox and Zed from destroying the city. Great ending to the series as a whole (although it wasn't planned that way).
0 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:40 pm

It could also simply be habit. Something to do. What else are they gonna do? With the exception of A Bright and Shiny Future, Mac and Molly have never really shown any aspirations for taking over the city like their fellow villains and I imagine the Pastmaster played a large role in persuading them into undertaking that endeavor, and they found they liked the power once they'd gotten it, but aside from that, their usual aspirations don't go beyond the same kinds of criminal activities they did while they were alive - committing robberies and generally, as razorCEO so finely put it, rattling people.
0 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Leon Mane
Resident

Postby Leon Mane » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:59 pm

Thinking about the question, it occurs to me that while they were driving toward Zed, they could have simply asked Molly how they came back, and she could have either snarkily thrown out a joke. The last time they were seen, the Past Master had woken them up some time later with magic, but that event hadn't yet happened. Before that, Feral had used the Neural Neutralizer on them, more or less disabling or maybe even erasing their minds.
0 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:26 pm

You're forgetting the events of Katastrophe, where the Creeplings stole their heads from the Enforcer lockup, and Dark Kat and Dr. Viper rebuilt them. That happened after the events of Metal Urgency. So, really, the last time Mac and Molly were seen in the regular timeline, there were presumably blown to bits on Megakat Island along with Dark Kat and Viper.
0 x

Leon Mane
Resident

Postby Leon Mane » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:35 am

Good point, I don't know how I forgot that one. Seems to me that being a supervillain incurs some kind of super survivability by some means. The Metallikats must have been durable enough to survive the blast, Dark Kat would have had some kind of device on hand, and Dr. Viper has some kind of cellular regeneration from his mutation.
0 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:10 am

razorREO wrote:The Metallikats betrayed Dark Kat, and I doubt highly that Viper would want anything to do with either of them.

Yeah, but then they sided with him again, at his insistence, so he may have seen fit to reward their last-second loyalty by rebuilding them.
0 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:19 pm

The amazing disappearing ID badge! The guy in the pink shirt loses his employee ID badge between shots.

1 x

MoDaD
Janitor

Postby MoDaD » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:02 pm

That's why I switched to a lanyard, as the clip for my work ID badge wasn't perfect, and if jostled by some unexpected event (like being held up by the Metallikats) it'd fall off :D
0 x
SKLogoIcon Your Most Complete Source For All Things SWAT Kats Since 1999
The MEGA SWAT Kast | Discord | @TheSWATKats | YouTube Channel | The SWAT Kats Encyclopedia | Fandom Awards | Avatar by Kanogetz | @_MoDaD_
My schedule's been VERY inundated as of late. If I don't reply to you in a timely fashion please accept my apologies in advance. Thank you for your understanding!

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:34 am

I dunno, but his hair color changed! In the first screenshot his hair and mustache are gray... but in the second one they're black.
0 x

Return to “Episode Discussion”