S2E23 - Unlikely Alloys

Threads dedicated to the discussion of individual episodes. Everything from casual observations to in-depth analysis welcome.
Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
Flag: United States of America

Re: S2E23 - Unlikely Alloys

Postby Kooshmeister » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:21 pm

The guy next to him in the blue suit appears to be balding in the first screenshot. Nothing on top but hair on the sides and back (a la Manx) but when Mac comes forward to grab (I think?) the pink-shirted guy, suddenly the blue-suited guy has a full head of black hair.

Between this, the other dude's hair and mustache color, and the disappearing ID badge, I don't think Mook cared much about these poor supporting characters. :lol:

Moving on to other topics, anyone else really like the mint manager? Ignoring his horrible dress sense (that vest is an eyesore), he was brave enough stand up to the Metallikats and tell them off. Probably saved the life of the guy Mac grabbed too, since Mac lets that guy go to go confront the manager.

Also, how awesome is it that he tries to use himself as a shield to protect the vault?! :shock:

It doesn't work, and he chickens out and dodges at the last second (not that I blame him), but he always stood out to me as one of the few regular civilians who doesn't take any crap from the villains and tells them where to get off instead of cowering before them. Perhaps by this time in the show, regular people have become inspired by the SWAT Kats to take action and not simply cower underfoot when confronted by evil, and this random shift manager at the mint is one of them?

Manager: [thinking] Those metal mobsters are breaking into my mint and threatening my employees! What should I do...? Hmm, what would those SWAT Kats do? They'd do something stupidly heroic! [jumps in front of door] Hey, you! You'll totally never get through this door!
Mac: Just watch us! [they blast through it]
Manager: [leaps aside to safety] Well, I tried... :(

There's also the power plant guards back in The Wrath of Dark Kat, especially the guys at the front gate who seem to think their puny little pistols are gonna frighten the Doomsday Express off, but that's more stupid than brave.

Then again, the bravery of fools is still bravery...

So let's hear it for the average citizens of Megakat City who stand up to the bad guys. They're not the SWAT Kats. They're not even Enforcers. But they've got the guts to at least try and stand up for what's right.
2 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Felony » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:26 pm

After all this time, I still can't get over that Zed frikkin' BLEW UP A MOUNTAIN. O_o; Seriously Pumadyne! Your security is terrible. X_x

I enjoyed this episode, particularly seeing Molly working together with the SWAT Kats to get Mac back. She's so snarky I love it. Despite a few animation mistakes, it was one of the better quality animated episodes. So much shiny and buttons ooooh.
0 x
^www^ <-- This is my happy evil megalomaniac face.
Class A Felony
DarkKatFury

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:07 am

Felony wrote:Seriously Pumadyne! Your security is terrible.

To be fair to Pumadyne, even the best security wouldn't have kept Zed out...
0 x

Ocelot
Resident
Flag: Philippines

Postby Ocelot » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:10 pm

Leon Mane wrote:Personally, I've always wondered about why the Metallikats would bother robbing the mint. It sort of doesn't make sense, since they have no use for money for any reason. They don't eat, they can try to steal whatever they need for power to recharge, and it's not like they can't go back to Hackle for repairs. That's the only part, and it sort of turns the episode's plot into an excuse. They rob the mint for no discernible reason, Molly gets badly damaged, Mac loses an arm, Mac sees a commercial that lets him repair himself and Molly, and naturally it turns into another monster of the week sort of episode.

Well they aren't geniuses. So I don't think they can repair themselves and keep maintaining their bodies in good condition. They can threaten someone but thats not really reliable. Why if that person calls their bluff. They can't really kill them since they still need them. They also need equipment. They can try like you said stealing. But it would be more difficult. Since places like that are heavily guarded and will get an immediate response from the Enforcers and Swat Kats.

I think they stole money because it was easier and quicker. They were just unlucky and the Swat Kats were nearby.

Btw did anyone ever think that the Hovercat is actually a recycled version of the Metalikat Express. Jake and Chance put the Metalikat vehicle to good use.
0 x

MoDaD
Janitor

Postby MoDaD » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:20 am

Ocelot wrote:Well they aren't geniuses.

Ha!
Ocelot wrote:So I don't think they can repair themselves and keep maintaining their bodies in good condition...I think they stole money because it was easier and quicker. They were just unlucky and the Swat Kats were nearby.

That's a good theory, particularly when you catch a glimpse of their hideout and the equipment Mac uses to try to keep Molly functioning.
Ocelot wrote:Btw did anyone ever think that the Hovercat is actually a recycled version of the Metalikat Express. Jake and Chance put the Metalikat vehicle to good use.

They may have been inspired by it, but I don't think it's the actual Metallikat Express...

Also, one thing that always stood out to me (or rather "heard out") is that after Commander Feral delivers a contender for best line in the series, when Felina walks into the scene...

...and this awesome rendition of the show's theme is played in the background. I'm pretty sure this is the only time it's ever used, and it always conveyed a sense of finality to me. Does anyone recall if this was used in any other episode?
0 x
SKLogoIcon Your Most Complete Source For All Things SWAT Kats Since 1999
The MEGA SWAT Kast | Discord | @TheSWATKats | YouTube Channel | The SWAT Kats Encyclopedia | Fandom Awards | Avatar by Kanogetz | @_MoDaD_
My schedule's been VERY inundated as of late. If I don't reply to you in a timely fashion please accept my apologies in advance. Thank you for your understanding!

Darker
Resident
Flag: Spain

Postby Darker » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:25 pm

I love this episode. It has a finale feel and the final "villain"(I wouldn't like to call Zed a villain, more like a misguided A.I.) was incredibly powerful for the SWAT Kats, he blew up a mountain like it was nothing. That's some Dragon Ball stuff right there.

Kooshmeister wrote:Image

Man, he is DEFINETELY not amused by the Metallikats blowing up his bank.
0 x
It feels so good to be bad!
Click above & enjoy

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:22 pm

MoDaD wrote:...and this awesome rendition of the show's theme is played in the background. I'm pretty sure this is the only time it's ever used, and it always conveyed a sense of finality to me.

I've always thought this somehow felt like an unofficial "final" episode, as well.
1 x

Ocelot
Resident
Flag: Philippines

Postby Ocelot » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:11 am

They may have been inspired by it, but I don't think it's the actual Metallikat Express...

I think that was the second Mettalikat Express. Remember Darkat gave them a new one in the season one finale Katastrophe. The first one was totaled in Metal Urgency. Which meant it went to the Salvage Yard.
0 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Tue May 31, 2016 10:43 am

Ocelot wrote:I think that was the second Mettalikat Express. Remember Darkat gave them a new one in the season one finale Katastrophe. The first one was totaled in Metal Urgency. Which meant it went to the Salvage Yard.

The one Dark Kat gave them was destroyed. T-Bone blew it up. So it's history.

The original one had its rear half sacrificed to blow up a crapload of Peacekeeper tanks but wasn't completely destroyed. And if it went anywhere, it probably went to an Enforcer impound, since they seemed to have learned their lesson about just sending Metallikat-related stuff off to wherever after the events of Metal Urgency.

The Metallikats never designed or built the vehicle themselves; Hackle did. They stole it from him. So any similarities between the Hoverkat and the Metallikat Express might indicate Hackle helped design and build it.

This does beg a question, though; where did this Metallikat Express come from? I think the "second" one used in Katastrophe was just the original one with a new back end put on, and as noted, that one was blown up. I doubt Hackle had any more, or else Mac and Molly would've stolen that instead of Hackle's pickup in Metal Urgency. I suppose another one could've been built, but Mac and Molly (ironically) don't seem particularly mechanically inclined themselves, despite being robots, and I doubt Dark Kat was any mood to do them another solid after they doublecrossed him in Katastrophe.

The other explanation is that the one in Katastrophe was, in fact, a completely new vehicle, meaning that even when it gets destroyed, Mac and Molly were able to go swipe the original one from the impound, and (somehow) get it repaired, and continue using it until Zed gets ahold of it here.

In either version, it seems there's only two Metallikats Expresses. Well, none, now. :lol:
1 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:55 pm

Tab Mouser's smile frightens me. :lol:

:|

:o

:shock:
2 x