S2E08b - The Origin of Dr. Viper

Threads dedicated to the discussion of individual episodes. Everything from casual observations to in-depth analysis welcome.
Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
Flag: United States of America

S2E08b - The Origin of Dr. Viper

Postby Kooshmeister » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:12 pm

Good ep, but one thing...

Dr. Zyme presses the up button on the elevator to go down! :lol:
1 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

zaba11
Resident

Re: S2E08b - The Origin of Dr. Viper

Postby zaba11 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:35 am

Or maybe that culturar difference betwen, human and kat.
Like inverted Y in game.(Haha)
I like this episode becuse:
-Give some back story of charakters.
-Show more about kat's world( Environment issue).
-Good animation.
Also like how Feral, is showed. He thinks, what he should do and do it, is not idiot how creators want tell as.
0 x

Mikazo
Long-Term Resident

Postby Mikazo » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:58 pm

Doesn't mean anything. He may hit the up button, go in the elevator, and punch in a certain code that takes him to a restricted area.
0 x

Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Felony » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:41 pm

LOL! I never noticed that, Koosh. XD Was their lab on the top floor or something? Not that it would matter but that would be funny too if there was no need for an up button if they were on the top floor.
0 x
^www^ <-- This is my happy evil megalomaniac face.
Class A Felony
DarkKatFury

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:32 am

Mikazo wrote:Doesn't mean anything. He may hit the up button, go in the elevator, and punch in a certain code that takes him to a restricted area.

Except he doesn't. He goes down to the lobby.

Felony wrote:LOL! I never noticed that, Koosh. XD Was their lab on the top floor or something? Not that it would matter but that would be funny too if there was no need for an up button if they were on the top floor.

I believe it's said to be on the fourteenth floor. Whether that means the building is fourteen stories tall is beyond me.
0 x

Mikazo
Long-Term Resident

Postby Mikazo » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:52 pm

Kooshmeister wrote:
Mikazo wrote:Doesn't mean anything. He may hit the up button, go in the elevator, and punch in a certain code that takes him to a restricted area.

Except he doesn't. He goes down to the lobby.

Oops, I guess it's been a while since I've seen it. Still though, wouldn't rule that out as a possibility. XD
0 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:14 am

A few other random observations:

1. Zyme must have City Hall on speed dial. He just picks up the phone and goes, "Mayor Manx, please." No dialing or even any button-pressing that I can recall.

2. The episode sort of... just forgot about Feral and his men. And Zyme. Was the gag at the end with Razor attempting to fix Manx's toupee really worth sacrificing properly wrapping everything up? I admit the boomerang knocking the hairpiece off was a funny callback to when Razor "killed" him in the training room, but still.

3. That oil refinery the SWAT Kats blow up to kill the wasps? That's the same one Morbulus blows up in The Giant Bacteria! Man, gas prices in Megakat City must be super-high if stuff like this and oil-eating sea monsters keeps happening to their crude oil supply.

4. Megakat Biochemical must have the only bloodsucking wasps in existence.

5. Zyme pats himself down in search of his reading glasses, despite the fact his lab coat has no pockets.

6. 'd love to know why the Viper Mutagen turned Purvis' hair from that unkempt, swept-back unruly black Einstein 'do into what I can only describe as being the reason why one of my nicknames for Viper is "Dr. Turnip-Head."

7. Where did the Sergeant go? Feral says, "Sergeant, get some flashlights!" implying the Sergeant accompanies him into the sewer... but at the labs, he is MIA and Feral has some anonymous commandos with him. Did he get lost? Did he just fetch the flashlights but remain at the morgue? Curse, you, The Origin of Dr. Viper, for leaving so many supporting characters' stories untold in your narrative! All sacrificed on the altar of a gag about Manx's hairpiece!
0 x

MoDaD
Janitor

Postby MoDaD » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:40 am

2. The episode sort of... just forgot about Feral and his men.

That always bothered me, as it seemed like it was setting up for an interesting subplot where Feral has to do some detective work. The SWAT Kats involvement overall is really just coincidental in the end. Likewise, if Feral and the Enforcers didn't appear at all in this episode it really wouldn't have changed at all. Though, it does allow for the semi-amusing scene where the SWAT Kats fall out of the ventilation duct at Feral's feet:

I'm suspecting these may be vestigial elements from a longer script for a full episode that was cut down.
1 x
SKLogoIcon Your Most Complete Source For All Things SWAT Kats Since 1999
The MEGA SWAT Kast | @TheSWATKats | YouTube Channel | The SWAT Kats Encyclopedia | Fandom Awards | Avatar by Kanogetz | @_MoDaD_
My schedule's been VERY inundated as of late. If I don't reply to you in a timely fashion please accept my apologies in advance. Thank you for your understanding!

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:51 pm

Hmm, also, either Feral is drawn really small there, or he brought his biggest commandos with him.
0 x

Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Felony » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:20 pm

It's a shame this episode wasn't longer. Like Matt, I enjoyed seeing Feral doing some detective work. And Zyme probably did have Manx on speed dial considering Manx was the one in charge of funding for the formula. LOL Manx was disappointed with it not being named after him though. -g- Ah if it doesn't benefit his ego/image, Manx loses interest.
0 x
^www^ <-- This is my happy evil megalomaniac face.
Class A Felony
DarkKatFury

Return to “Episode Discussion”