S2E08b - The Origin of Dr. Viper

Threads dedicated to the discussion of individual episodes. Everything from casual observations to in-depth analysis welcome.
Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
Flag: United States of America

Re: S2E08b - The Origin of Dr. Viper

Postby Kooshmeister » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:04 am

Felony wrote:LOL Manx was disappointed with it not being named after him though. -g- Ah if it doesn't benefit his ego/image, Manx loses interest.

I loved how he missed his putt. :lol:

In hindsight I bet Manx is glad that they didn't name the mutagen after him. Same with Viper. Since he named himself after the chemical, imagine if it had been called the Manx Formula! He'd name himself Dr. Manx!

"Is that you, Purvis?"
"Not anymore! Jussst call me Manx! Dr. Manx!"
"...sorry, I'm just not very intimidated..."
2 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

LowdogCraft
Filled with Determination

Postby LowdogCraft » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:21 pm

Felony wrote:LOL Manx was disappointed with it not being named after him though. -g- Ah if it doesn't benefit his ego/image, Manx loses interest.

Yup. :3
0 x
~Lowdog002
Artist, Musician, Gamer and
LGBTQ+ Supporter
"Knowing the mouse might one day leave its hole and get the cheese... It fills you with determination."

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:07 am

I wonder if Zyme fired Abel (the elderly guard) after this...
1 x

Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Felony » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:43 pm

Kooshmeister wrote:I wonder if Zyme fired Abel (the elderly guard) after this...

Well I don't think he would have... I mean, Purvis WAS an employee there, so he was allowed to be in the building and not an intruder or anything.
1 x
^www^ <-- This is my happy evil megalomaniac face.
Class A Felony
DarkKatFury

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:15 pm

Felony wrote:Well I don't think he would have... I mean, Purvis WAS an employee there, so he was allowed to be in the building and not an intruder or anything.

I meant later, after Purvis was dead, then came back to life, mutated and returned, and got in because the world's worst security guard had his nose in a comic book. "Purvis" was legally deceased and Dr. Viper was definitely an intruder.

Unless you're suggesting that, if he had seen him, Abel was somehow obligated to let someone who is half snake, almost naked with a crazy hairstyle and almost literally a corpse warmed over into the building without challenging him. "Oh, it's just you, Dr. Purvis. You're alive again and all reptilian and look really scary but, eh, go right in." :lol:
1 x

Ocelot
Resident
Flag: Philippines

Postby Ocelot » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:07 pm

This is a pretty well structured episode considering the short time it got. It set up everything perfectly. I do wonder what they would have done with a full episode though.
1 x

Felix Kayne
Long-Term Resident

Postby Felix Kayne » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:21 am

One thing that bothered me while watching this episode is the the glove-a-trix that the Swat Kats use. If this is the first time they fought Viper, why are they using the improved version? Shouldnt it have been the original version, like when they fought him in Season 1? Because it's obvious that they know who Viper is the first time they fought him in the second episode. I get the "new season, new version" idea, but that's just one thing that stuck out to me about this episode

Edit: Or... Maybe Im wrong... I dunno.

Edit2: Actually, I can't be... The first version didn't have the shields and they used them this episode...
1 x

MoDaD
Janitor

Postby MoDaD » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:24 pm

FelixKayne wrote:Edit2: Actually, I can't be... The first version didn't have the shields and they used them this episode...

Your observation is a correct one. That Glovatrix is a continuity error that occured either because it would be too much effort or too problematic to have the animators switch their model sheet references, but it's also just as likely the thought never occured to anyone.

It's a bit of trivia that's noted on the swatkats.info entry.

Kooshmeister wrote:"Oh, it's just you, Dr. Purvis. You're alive again and all reptilian and look really scary but, eh, go right in."

I think it'd be even funnier if he didn't even notice he looked any different :lol:
2 x
SKLogoIcon Your Most Complete Source For All Things SWAT Kats Since 1999
The MEGA SWAT Kast | Discord | @TheSWATKats | YouTube Channel | The SWAT Kats Encyclopedia | Fandom Awards | Avatar by Kanogetz | @_MoDaD_
My schedule's been VERY inundated as of late. If I don't reply to you in a timely fashion please accept my apologies in advance. Thank you for your understanding!

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:45 pm

I just remembered Abel was present when they carted Purvis' corpse off, so he knows he's dead. Even someone as doddering as him would realize something was amiss if the dead man showed up for work the next day. Purvis wouldn't even need to be mutated to give him a start! :lol:

Unless he's just really forgetful. :lol:
1 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:30 pm

It occurs to me... where's T-Bone's bug phobia in this? Some of the monsters are giant mosquitoes. Admittedly, they're dispatched very quickly, and it's possible T-Bone was actually cringing in fear internally the entire time, but it would've been nice if we'd gotten a throwback to The Ci-Kat-A by having him make some kind of comment about them.
2 x

Return to “Episode Discussion”