S1E10 - Metal Urgency

Threads dedicated to the discussion of individual episodes. Everything from casual observations to in-depth analysis welcome.
Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
Flag: United States of America

Re: S1E10 - Metal Urgency

Postby Kooshmeister » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:19 am

That's hilarious, heh. Maybe Hackle is a racing fan?
0 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:50 pm

Randomly, it occurs to me, the Behemoth really sucks. I know it was a prototype and not a production model, but, dang, Hard Drive's rampage with it is so brief he never even manages to get out of Pumadyne with it. What about it sucks? Well, apparently, it has no failsafe or dead man switch:

1. When the circuitry is fried, disabling the thought helmet, Hard Drive apparently has no way of operating the weapons manually (i.e. the old-fashioned way, with a trigger). This is a huge design flaw. I know thought control is the point, but still, you'd think Pumadyne would've wanted some way for the operator of the tank to continue their mission/defend themselves in the event that the mental control angle was disabled.

2. Even though only the weapons systems are thought-controlled (Hard Drive appears to drive the Behemoth using joystick things), the entire vehicle spazzes out and goes rogue upon having its circuitry fried, driving itself through a wall before finally stopping. This means that a surge in the system causes the operator to lose control of literally everything in the tank, not just the weapons, and be incapable of stopping himself from crashing. In what universe does this make sense?

These issues helped here because it was a villain driving the tank, but imagine if it were good guys attempting to use it to thwart evil. Those are some hideously incompetent design flaws.
1 x

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Spain

Postby Cait » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:15 pm

Kooshmeister wrote:Even though only the weapons systems are thought-controlled (Hard Drive appears to drive the Behemoth using joystick things), the entire vehicle spazzes out and goes rogue upon having its circuitry fried, driving itself through a wall before finally stopping. This means that a surge in the system causes the operator to lose control of literally everything in the tank, not just the weapons, and be incapable of stopping himself from crashing. In what universe does this make sense?

Maybe that was just a malfunction triggered by the overcharge in the circuits, impossible to cancel cos all was fried. But yeah, the fact that there was no automatic shutdown is a fatal failure coming from the great minds of Pumadyne... <u_u">

Anyway, I need to admit that I enjoyed that part of the episode as much as Hard Drive did xD
0 x

Felix Kayne
Long-Term Resident

Postby Felix Kayne » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:17 am

Hey, I don't mean to revive long not updated thread, but I just found something that I don't think was pointed out.

In Episode 2, when they came back to the hangar T-Bone stamped the wall with a mark. In that episode, I counted 13 there, including the newly added one for Morbulus.

This is Episode 10, and check what I see.
Attachments
image.jpeg
2 x

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Spain

Postby Cait » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:50 am

Felix Kayne wrote:Hey, I don't mean to revive long not updated thread, but I just found something that I don't think was pointed out.

In Episode 2, when they came back to the hangar T-Bone stamped the wall with a mark. In that episode, I counted 13 there, including the newly added one for Morbulus.

This is Episode 10, and check what I see.

LOL HUGE mistake XD That's like the "always july" thing XD

And don't worry about reviving old topics: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=374
1 x

Felix Kayne
Long-Term Resident

Postby Felix Kayne » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:30 pm

Oh my gosh. I was watching this episode and I was looking away for something and noticed something at the corner of my eye. The part where Professor Hackle is walking up to the broke wall to watch Mac and Molly drive away, the Professor totally blinked out of frame for a split second. It's so sudden but now that I saw it, I notice it much more easier.
1 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:24 am

I always thought it was weird that Feral calls the generic commando "Sergeant" at the beginning. Come to find out, in the storyboards, it is the Enforcer Sergeant and another officer inside the tank. And since, as in the finished episode, only Feral bails out in time, this means Storyboard!Sarge dies. And yet he still turns up later in Feral's office (where he's even referred the as the Enforcer Sergeant).

I think what happened is they didn't actually intend to kill him and the other officer in the tank off, and genuinely forgot about them during the bit where Feral bails. So then, realizing their error, they animated it as two expendable commandos instead of a recognizable recurring character.

Of course, this still means nobody comments on those poor guys being flattened. Let's see what the early script draft has to say.

Edit: Nope. The squashed Enforcers in the tank are never brought up.

Also, the script reveals the answer to Mac's question during the Metallikats' drive to Puma-Dyne - "What're you doing?!" in response to Molly releasing and detonating the back half of the Metallikat Express - by having Molly explain she wasn't done blowing up the Enforcer tanks. Why keep Mac's question, but edit out Molly's answer?
0 x

Return to “Episode Discussion”