SWAT Kats Intros

Threads dedicated to the discussion of individual episodes. Everything from casual observations to in-depth analysis welcome.
Betaruga
Killa Vanilla
Flag: United States of America

SWAT Kats Intros

Postby Betaruga » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:43 am

Hi xD Just gonna be blunt and say I'm making this thread to post gifs. Also chatting it up is cool.

Dude the Season 2 intro is so ill, like.

"JAKE THE ALARM IS GOING OFF, THIS IS LIKE THE MOST JARRING MOMENT OF MY LIFE."
"I KNOW DUDE IT'S AS IF WE DON'T DO THIS AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK!"

Like dang tho, I'm kinda embarrassed to admit this but they're kinda hunky in their mechanic gear in this scene, like. (Haha and then the're like never this hot in their mechanic get-ups again for the rest of the series. Sob.)
1 x

MoDaD
Janitor

Re: SWAT Kats Intros

Postby MoDaD » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:01 pm

The Season Two intro was pretty cool, especially as it had a lot more original animation and less recycled footage than the Season One intro, which coincidentally I just updated this morning and put together a few animated GIFs myself. Should have the second season one done soonish.

I'm pretty sure this scene from the first season opener is entirely original and doesn't appear anywhere else:

And I think the same is true for this neat shot of the Turbokat, but I could be mistaken (for some reason it makes me think Metal Urgency):

0 x
SKLogoIcon Your Most Complete Source For All Things SWAT Kats Since 1999
The MEGA SWAT Kast | Discord | @TheSWATKats | YouTube Channel | The SWAT Kats Encyclopedia | Fandom Awards | Avatar by Kanogetz | @_MoDaD_
My schedule's been VERY inundated as of late. If I don't reply to you in a timely fashion please accept my apologies in advance. Thank you for your understanding!

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:21 am

I think the pan across the skyline to where the time vortex opens is also entirely original. It looks like it should go in The Pastmaster Always Rings Twice, but never appears in it.

Conversely, season two's intro is about 90% (give or take) original animation, save for a sequence involving the robot soldiers from A Bright and Shiny Future.
1 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

LowdogCraft
Filled with Determination

Postby LowdogCraft » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:45 am

The season 1 intro stayed my favorite for a while, due to the amazing music and the awesome shots in the beginning with the Pastmaster and the bacteria monsters.

Once I got into the second season, the new intro soon became my favorite. The music was better, more original animation, and it kinda reminds me of those old anime intros a little.
1 x
~Lowdog002
Artist, Musician, Gamer and
LGBTQ+ Supporter
"Knowing the mouse might one day leave its hole and get the cheese... It fills you with determination."

LowdogCraft
Filled with Determination

Postby LowdogCraft » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:50 am

Kooshmeister wrote:Conversely, season two's intro is about 90% (give or take) original animation, save for a sequence involving the robot soldiers from A Bright and Shiny Future.

There was that other sequence in the intro where the SKs suit up, and the same sequence appears in Mutation City. I'm guessing that part was animated for the intro, then added in to Mutation City, however.

Another part that was sort of taken was the scene in The Pastmaster Always Rings Twice where the SKs jump into the Turbokat. My guess is that part was reanimated and put into the intro as well.
1 x
~Lowdog002
Artist, Musician, Gamer and
LGBTQ+ Supporter
"Knowing the mouse might one day leave its hole and get the cheese... It fills you with determination."

Cody Furlong
Resident

Postby Cody Furlong » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:54 pm

How does that wielding mask fit over Chance's muzzle? It looks like it's chopping his nose and mouth of,f with how flat it is to the rest of his head.
0 x
You search and search for something, never realizing it is within and always has been. You can not find it, you can not understand it, you simply accept, and believe, and it will grow.
- Heretic's Faith, Randall N. Bills

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Spain

Postby Cait » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:18 am

Cody Furlong wrote:How does that wielding mask fit over Chance's muzzle? It looks like it's chopping his nose and mouth of,f with how flat it is to the rest of his head.

LOL true! TboneLaughCait
0 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:08 pm

Seems like a case of unmodified human things being stuck on kats regardless of whether it makes sense for their physical characteristics, like the location of Ann Gora's earrings, or the way the arms of characters' glasses go under, not over, their ears, or the way Al wears his headphones:

How does he hear? Does it send vibrations going through his cheekbones?
2 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Return to “Episode Discussion”