S2E05 - Cry Turmoil

Threads dedicated to the discussion of individual episodes. Everything from casual observations to in-depth analysis welcome.
Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
Flag: United States of America

Re: S2E05 - Cry Turmoil

Postby Kooshmeister » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:31 am

Betaruga wrote:Image

My hand slipped

You win the Internet. And my eternal love and admiration. :lol:
0 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Mikazo
Long-Term Resident

Postby Mikazo » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:56 pm

Kooshmeister wrote:
Betaruga wrote:Image

My hand slipped

Yes! I'm sure that would grow to be a smashing success among fans. Turmoil may even become someone to look up to. :)

EDIT: I totally goofed on this post earlier. I accidentally wrote "Felony" instead of "Turmoil." I must have had a long day and was probably not paying attention to what I was writing. Felony, I hope you'll accept my most sincere apologies, it was totally not intentional. XD
Last edited by Mikazo on Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:07 am

Here's something that randomly occurred to me. What happened to the guard Razor tied up in his ejektor seat and left under a sheet?

Unless I missed something, she's never mentioned again. I sure hope she either was found and set free or untied herself before the airship splashed down into the ocean.

There's a scene in Ant-Man where Scott Lang's friend Luís goes back to rescue a knocked out henchman and get him to safety before the villain's building implodes. While I doubt most viewers in 1994 would've cared about some nameless enemy guard enough to wonder whether she survived or not, and there probably wouldn't have been time to show it, it still would've been nice to see Razor remember the she-kat he left tied up and go back for her the way Luís does for the henchman in Ant-Man.

...it also would've explained how Razor apparently suddenly gets his ejektor seat back, since the guard is tied to it when he leaves her, but it's back in the Turbokat later.
1 x

TazKat
Long-Term Resident

Postby TazKat » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:39 pm

Koosh: Probably has to do with the compressed time slot this poor show was forced into. This series could have been TWICE as long with the current concepts alone because it was BIGGER than itself. And heheh, if Razor went back for that lackey, it would have been cute to get a little peck on the cheek out of gratitude X3

Giant Turmoil...

Yes, thank you.

I also have to mention that I binged on MoDaD's fanfiction and his take on Turmoil had MY head swimming! She was starting to tempt ME with her cavalier charisma and promises of grandeur. He just made such FULL USE of her. I will gush to him in further detail at a later date.
0 x
"I heard him scream last night. It was awful! I wish he wouldn't do that when he gets kidnapped." --Lucille, Samurai Pizza Cats

My Website
My DA Account
Art Commission Info

Betaruga
Killa Vanilla

Postby Betaruga » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:35 pm

TazKat wrote:Koosh: Probably has to do with the compressed time slot this poor show was forced into. This series could have been TWICE as long with the current concepts alone because it was BIGGER than itself. And heheh, if Razor went back for that lackey, it would have been cute to get a little peck on the cheek out of gratitude X3

Giant Turmoil...

Yes, thank you.

I also have to mention that I binged on MoDaD's fanfiction and his take on Turmoil had MY head swimming! She was starting to tempt ME with her cavalier charisma and promises of grandeur. He just made such FULL USE of her. I will gush to him in further detail at a later date.
0 x
"So you SWAT Kats were telling the truth!"
"Duh, Commander!"

Betaruga
Killa Vanilla

Postby Betaruga » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:38 pm

TazKat wrote:Koosh: Probably has to do with the compressed time slot this poor show was forced into. This series could have been TWICE as long with the current concepts alone because it was BIGGER than itself. And heheh, if Razor went back for that lackey, it would have been cute to get a little peck on the cheek out of gratitude X3

Giant Turmoil...

Yes, thank you.

*bows*

Dude, right? I was stunned that MoDaD wow her so well that even I as the reader almost trusted her. She was brilliantly written, and I hope MoDaD gets the chance to do more SK fanfics in the future.
0 x

TazKat
Long-Term Resident

Postby TazKat » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:46 am

Indard.

Pssst, we're talking about you, MoDaD. :D

Your Turmoil got all deep and had me reflecting on my life~~~
0 x
"I heard him scream last night. It was awful! I wish he wouldn't do that when he gets kidnapped." --Lucille, Samurai Pizza Cats

My Website
My DA Account
Art Commission Info

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:08 pm

Apparently Lance Falk kinda answered the question about the guard on Facebook:

1. Let's assume someone found the guard and untied her. Yeah. That's what happened.

I'll accept that. But it's when addressing the continuity error created by Razor leaving her tied to the ejektor seat that he loses me:

2. That seat came from the very same magical cartoon place where all those Turbocat missiles and devices manage to fit into. Or...Cartoon logic.

Look, Lance, I know it's a cartoon, but it's one that typically doesn't use that kind of logic. If the ejektor seat wasn't in the Turbokat then unless you show it or mention it being returned somehow, its being there later is not "cartoon logic," it's a continuity error. A minor, meaningless one, yes, but an error nonetheless. I'd accept the "it came from wherever all the other stuff that can't fit in the jet came from" explanation if this'd been shown, but it wasn't, so this is a non-answer, and one, I hope, wasn't intended as a serious explanation. :lol:

I still love ya, though. Even if you did call the jet the "Turbocat." :lol:
1 x

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Spain

Postby Cait » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:27 pm

Kooshmeister wrote:"Turbocat."

R.I.P. Cait (1992-2016).
1 x

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident

Postby MoDaD » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:30 pm

Kooshmeister wrote:1. Let's assume someone found the guard and untied her. Yeah. That's what happened.

Ha! :lol: I can't believe I never thought about that whole scenario/oversight you've pointed out regarding the tied up soldier of Turmoil's. I can't help but imagine there's a skeleton tied to an Ejektor seat at the bottom of Megakat Bay...

2. That seat came from the very same magical cartoon place where all those Turbocat missiles and devices manage to fit into. Or...Cartoon logic.

Razor made a quip about needing to get his seat back in Enter the Madkat, so this whole scenario has occurred and been dealt with in a narrative before. I think Lance is just entertainingly addressing things humorously to tongue-in-cheek admit to what's an obvious oversight :D

That particular episode/script went though so many re-writes and changes I'm surprised there aren't more egregious problems.
0 x

Return to “Episode Discussion”