S1E04 - Destructive Nature

Threads dedicated to the discussion of individual episodes. Everything from casual observations to in-depth analysis welcome.
Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
Flag: United States of America

S1E04 - Destructive Nature

Postby Kooshmeister » Tue May 31, 2016 6:03 pm

Didn't see a thread for this one. Heh. Here's a few talking points:

1. Dr. Viper's gardener disguise is hilarious in its obviousness that it's him.
2. How much planning did he put into the Megakat Tower plan? He has a chemistry set in the basement. Apparently none of the builders noticed it.
3. The Plantimals are really goofy and unthreatening-looking (sorry Lance). :lol:
4. Having said that, I do wish the giant one guarding the door had gotten more screentime, especially after it gets mutated and becomes more fearsome-looking after having weed killer poured on it.
5. When the tank is sinking into the acid, I like the bit when one of the escaping commandos can't quite make it, so his friend grabs his hand and pulls him up. It tends to go unnoticed, and wasn't something the animators needed to do (was it scripted?), but it helps show that these nameless, anonymous guys are people and is one of my favorite little touches in the episode.
6. Feral is strong, bending and breaking a wooden baton the way he does.
7. "What's that SWAT Kat want with a tank of super rocket coolant?" "Who cares? If the front office wants to give freeze juice to a vigilante, who are we to argue?" I love these two. :lol:
7. The Sergeant has magic walkie-talkie restoring powers; after Feral smashes it, very violently, it's suddenly in the Sergeant's hand perfectly fine. :lol:

"...how'd this thing get here?"
3 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Felix Kayne
Long-Term Resident

Re: S1E04 - Destructive Nature

Postby Felix Kayne » Tue May 31, 2016 6:26 pm

Also the giant plant monster chomping down at Razor and Briggs, and the two zipping off after it chomped down.

And also, Razor is a magician, how he mysteriously balances this frozen plantimal.
Attachments
image.png
2 x

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Spain

Postby Cait » Tue May 31, 2016 7:55 pm

Kooshmeister wrote:5. When the tank is sinking into the acid, I like the bit when one of the escaping commandos can't quite make it, so his friend grabs his hand and pulls him up. It tends to go unnoticed, and wasn't something the animators needed to do (was it scripted?), but it helps show that these nameless, anonymous guys are people and is one of my favorite little touches in the episode.
7. "What's that SWAT Kat want with a tank of super rocket coolant?" "Who cares? If the front office wants to give freeze juice to a vigilante, who are we to argue?" I love these two. :lol:
Yeah, those two moments are great!
Kooshmeister wrote:7. The Sergeant has magic walkie-talkie restoring powers; after Feral smashes it, very violently, it's suddenly in the Sergeant's hand perfectly fine. :lol:
Didn't notice that! Maybe it's like Zed and can repair itself :o (JK :lol: )
FelixKayne wrote:And also, Razor is a magician, how he mysteriously balances this frozen plantimal.

You know he is! >:3

There is another "ridiculous" moment in this episode, and it's when Razor and Callie are complaining about the cold while running away from some plants in the air vent, the plants suddenly get frozen but not them lol
2 x

Felix Kayne
Long-Term Resident

Postby Felix Kayne » Tue May 31, 2016 8:28 pm

Conviently frozen for plot's sake obviously. If they hadn't had stopped in front of that ventilation, or if Razor hadn't turned the cold on with his toe, then they wouldn't have gotten the idea.
2 x

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Cait » Tue May 31, 2016 8:40 pm

Yeah, but i mean, the plants got frozen in less than a second and when razor and callie passes by that ventilation they just "feel" a little cold :lol:
1 x

Felix Kayne
Long-Term Resident

Postby Felix Kayne » Tue May 31, 2016 9:34 pm

Cait wrote:Yeah, but i mean, the plants got frozen in less than a second and when razor and callie passes by that ventilation they just "feel" a little cold :lol:

Well... uhh. You see, they are kats, they have fur. They keep warm with their fur. The plants don't have any defences against the cold so... Maybe that's why?

I dunno...
2 x

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Cait » Tue May 31, 2016 10:39 pm

Agh that cartoon logic!!! ᶘ xᴥxᶅ
3 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:06 am

Plus the idea is cold is the Plantimals' Achilles' heel, the same way electricity is the bacteria monsters' (they say heat, but all three times, it's clearly electrical current being utilized against them). So naturally it affects them instantly. :lol:
3 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

NightSlayer2
Just Moved In
Flag: Canada

Postby NightSlayer2 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:25 pm

I'm curious about these things:

1) Why didn't Feral blackmail Manx into letting him do whatever it took to stop Dr. Viper? Like Feral could've announced to Ann Gora that Manx wouldn't let him destroy the building in order to stop Dr. Viper and that would've created bad press for Mayor Manx. And if Manx fired Feral, that would also make him look bad since Feral would use the media against Manx. Manx does have to care how people view him since he is a politician after all.

2) Why didn't Manx arrange for Feral to go after the SWAT Kats after they destroyed his building? Feral would've loved it if Manx had given him authority even though that I would be an unfair move.
2 x

Swatkatfan21
Long-Term Resident

Postby Swatkatfan21 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:03 am

Kooshmeister wrote:5. When the tank is sinking into the acid, I like the bit when one of the escaping commandos can't quite make it, so his friend grabs his hand and pulls him up. It tends to go unnoticed, and wasn't something the animators needed to do (was it scripted?), but it helps show that these nameless, anonymous guys are people and is one of my favorite little touches in the episode.

I always admired the Enforcers for being so delicated to their city. Despite being outgunned and out classed they jumped into action when the city needed them to. Between Feral's ego and the Mayor's cheapness they were fighting an uphill battle.
3 x

Return to “Episode Discussion”