S2E10 - Volcanus Erupts!

Threads dedicated to the discussion of individual episodes. Everything from casual observations to in-depth analysis welcome.
Jiesi
Long-Term Resident
Flag: United States of America

S2E10 - Volcanus Erupts!

Postby Jiesi » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:58 am

What is Anakata island in regards to Megakat city? Is it apart of the city like the 5 bouroghs in New York City and upstate New York considers queens and all that as city yet the people of queens Brooklyn Bronx and Long Island consider manhattan as The City.
Cuz mayor Manx is selling the island noteing that it's not far from Megakat city instead of referring it to the city. Can he do that? Can you sell a whole island?
And if it's a lot like New York City is there a Megakat state?

And another thing, does Chance and Jake call a psychic to find out that they need to create a heat suit and shields? Or the city is that crazy and they're like eh anything can happen. I kinda like the psychic idea tho since The past master and queen Calista give us a hint that magic and paranormal can exist
2 x
Will work for bubble tea...despite needing money... crazymadkat

LadyStormcrow
Just Moved In

Re: S2E10- volcanus Erupt's

Postby LadyStormcrow » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:03 pm

It does seem like the Megakat region is a state, with Megakat City as the capital. The beach in "When Strikes Mutilor" has a sign reading 'Megakat State Beach', and we see other territories outside of the city itself (I'm thinking of Megakat Springs in "Chaos in Crystal"). With that in mind, Anakata probably is part of the state's territory - despite being modeled on Hawaii, the location fits more with Santa Catalina Island, which is part of California even though it's 20+ miles offshore.

Also, I don't think Manx was selling the whole island. Since he's providing the construction crew, the industrial park was probably meant to be a joint project, or maybe an established foreign-trade zone (we usually think of American companies building factories etc. in other countries, but the opposite happens too).
3 x
When there is no more room in Hell, the dead shall party on the Internet.

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:57 pm

Anakata Island has to be within the Megakat City limits for the city's mayor to be selling land for development to a foreign company.

As to the heat suit, it was probably just something that was kept on board the Turbokat for, like, whatever reason.
2 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Ty-Chou
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Ty-Chou » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:21 am

This is interesting! I was not familiar at all with this island off of California. And it's CATalina island. The show could have gone with Katalina Island, though "Anakata" does immediately have an island quality to the name.

And I can agree with this theory that there is a Megakat state and then Megakat City is the capitol of this state. Interesting. I gets my world building sensibilities and brain juices flowing.
1 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:06 pm

There is a Katalina Subway Station, at least.
1 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Return to “Episode Discussion”