S1E09 - The Ghost Pilot

Threads dedicated to the discussion of individual episodes. Everything from casual observations to in-depth analysis welcome.
Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
Flag: United States of America

S1E09 - The Ghost Pilot

Postby Kooshmeister » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:07 am

Given Hizzoner's shameless self-promotion around election time, I think he ought to adopt Mayor White's catchphrase from Doug.

ManxSmile "Vote for me!"

Him glomping Razor at the end is a hoot, too. And is he winking at the guy in the sweater vest? He is! RazLaugh

I also love the gag with the shot up cardboard cutout of Manx in his office, especially when it falls and scares the crap out of poor Callie. What was this thing's purpose, anyway? I mean, I get that Callie is using it as part of the election's ad campaign, but why would a life-size cutout of Manx exist in the first place? Is it something Manx sticks in the window to trick people into thinking he's actually in the office when he's really playing hooky? I wouldn't put it past him. And it sure fooled the Red Lynx!

CalSmile "This job just isn't worth the stress."

Although it's missing, and then gains, its tail.

Also Manx got a pink phone. Hmm. A pink Barbie phone. Winking at guys. Glomping them. Something you wanna tell us, Mr. Mayor? ManxScared
Last edited by Kooshmeister on Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

MoDaD
Janitor

Re: S1E09 - The Ghost Pilot

Postby MoDaD » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:30 am

Kooshmeister wrote:Is it something Manx sticks in the window to trick people into thinking he's actually in the office when he's really playing hooky? I wouldn't put it past him. And it sure fooled the Red Lynx!

This is an episode I've come to appreciate more and more over the years. I think it's more amusing the older you get when you start to encounter/witness parallels to how people who are in positions of authority can act. Not to say that all bosses/public officials/leaders are like Manx... but probably more than I'd prefer TboneLaughCait

And, I also love the bit in that same scene you referenced where the window repair guy is shown patching up the shattered window from the Red Lynx's earlier attack...only to have the damage redone moments later. Being a window-repairer in Megakat City must be a pretty lucrative career*

*Or is it?
2 x
SKLogoIcon Your Most Complete Source For All Things SWAT Kats Since 1999
The MEGA SWAT Kast | @TheSWATKats | YouTube Channel | The SWAT Kats Encyclopedia | Fandom Awards | Avatar by Kanogetz | @_MoDaD_
My schedule's been VERY inundated as of late. If I don't reply to you in a timely fashion please accept my apologies in advance. Thank you for your understanding!

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:32 am

MoDaD wrote:And, I also love the bit in that same scene you referenced where the window repair guy is shown patching up the shattered window from the Red Lynx's earlier attack...only to have the damage redone moments later. Being a window-repairer in Megakat City must be a pretty lucrative career*

"Guaranteed to be shatterproof."
"Wait a minute... did you ever do business with Megakat Biochemical Labs?"
"Why, they're my best customer!"
"Get out."
3 x

Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Felony » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:32 am

Kooshmeister wrote:Is it something Manx sticks in the window to trick people into thinking he's actually in the office when he's really playing hooky? I wouldn't put it past him. And it sure fooled the Red Lynx!

Yes, that seemed to be it’s function. Dunno if it was meant to fool anyone. I figured it was just part of the creative display to say Manx works tirelessly to fix your dino foot sized pot holes, restore the frequent vast power outages and delegates clean up of burned bacteria goo in his park.

55BCC902-C472-4639-A145-500B7AED3819.jpeg

If it was meant to really fool people, why have him standing? The cutout should be of him sitting and placed by his big desk.

Also LOL he even had a sign on his golf cart.

B2672732-B948-4BAB-9904-449D92365001.jpeg

Very few of his constituents were going to see that.

As for the episode itself, it has been one of my favorites. I like the history of it as it gives an idea of the kat world’s history. Love the supernatural element, his soul never died as it was fixated on revenge. It was spooky watching his ghost body form in his plane under the moonlight. I like how the Red Lynx was as much of a cocky pilot as Chance. A dog fight of the ages to see who was the better pilot!

This episode is mostly responsible for the creation of my oldest SK fan character Alexandria Manx and the sole creation of Hans Lynx seen in Nova Squadron (originally an MBI/SKRPG character). I felt that surely Mayor Manx wasn’t the last of his line, and figured the Red Lynx had descendants too.
3 x
^www^ <-- This is my happy evil megalomaniac face.
Class A Felony
DarkKatFury

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:32 pm

Felony wrote:If it was meant to really fool people, why have him standing?

Because Manx is a dope? RazLaugh
0 x

EricoBard
Long-Term Resident

Postby EricoBard » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:58 pm

Aahh yeah. The only episode where Mayor Manx is forced to grow a pair and (figuratively) Man Up.

And his big heroic deed? He PUSHES A BUTTON.

Friggit, where's George Jetson? He's way better at pushing the button! For that matter, so is Dee Dee!

3 x

Jiesi
Long-Term Resident

Postby Jiesi » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:50 pm

My favorit line of his is "mayors and children first" ManxScared
1 x
Will work for bubble tea...despite needing money... crazymadkat

Ocelot
Resident
Flag: Philippines

Postby Ocelot » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:23 am

Two things I really enjoyed in the episode.

The villain. A ghost seeking revenge who happens to be a pilot.

The Blue Manx Jet. That was a really cool jet design. I wish they beought it back in later episodes.
1 x

Return to “Episode Discussion”